It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF you eat at Burger King, you've been eatting horse meat!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

IF you eat at Burger King, you've been eatting horse meat!

The only conclusion I can come to is that, if that is true, then horse meat is delicious.

link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I just had a look (I might be misreading it) but in the UK a Standard Burger can be advertised as 100% Beef but only has to contain 62% Beef. I was never under the illusion that Burgers are full of rubbish but I find the advertised numbers puzzling. www.bbc.co.uk...

Personally I don't see the difference between consuming the cooked muscle of a cow or horse but I can see why some people might prefer no to. Since I'd probably feel the same about unknowingly eating a cat or rat.
edit on 1-2-2013 by region331 because: grammar

link   
reply to post by intrepid

Im gonna have to disagree with you.
Whataburger is where it' s at.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
so horse meat is bad, but hormones, genetically modified meats, other bad things that is in the meat they use.. that is all good, as long as its in a cow but not a horse?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
so horse meat is bad, but hormones, genetically modified meats, other bad things that is in the meat they use.. that is all good, as long as its in a cow but not a horse?

None of it is condonable.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

With so little safety inspections on food now and that being in the hands of corporations, we have to realize something that is ground up in a mix could be anything. I often wonder when I see the trucks that pick up road kill (for rendering) if it is bought for ground meats...there are tons of stuff killed on the highways each day.

My husband orders burgers pre-prepared from Food services for the restaurant, how would he know what is really in them and this is a nice little family restaurant not fast food.

We don't eat meat and are very much happier and healthier for it.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I guess they'll have to change their slogan.

"So hungry you could eat a horse"

I don't eat fast food. Just don't care to. Why is it ok to eat a cow but not a horse?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverking
I guess they'll have to change their slogan.

"So hungry you could eat a horse"

I don't eat fast food. Just don't care to. Why is it ok to eat a cow but not a horse?

Same reason it is not ok to eat dog and cat I guess...we also are just meat when you think about it...why waste all the dead people

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well no wonder it tastes so good though I don't eat burger king very often.

To me it's no big deal but what worries me is the meat that MC Donalds has. Yummy rat burger!
edit on 1-2-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silverking

I remember has a kid eating horse and deer meat. To me it was "tasty" but for the love of whoever, there are horse lovers out there who would probably be having a cow over this.
edit on 1-2-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Horse is eaten in many parts of the world.
Waht's the issue?
They eat cats and dogs in China. The issue is that crap is frowned upon in my neck of the woods.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

so i understand that when a company claims one thing and does another it should be dealt with. but my question is whats wrong with horse meat? its protien all the same? if im hungry ill eat a horse.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I don't really eat at Burger King...but what is wrong with horse meat???

Is it drastically different from cow meat, pig meat, deer meat???

Why do people freak out about what animal meat comes from?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I don't think they are allowed to put horsemeat in burgers here in the USA. I've eaten horsemeat burgers in the past, what's the big issue with it anyway. I read somewhere it can be bad for us but if processed right it isn't a threat.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
lol, I guess i just come from a little small pocket of people that dont eat horse meat. I did not know so many people liked it, my bad.

eat at will

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Yes it's true that the burgers are advertised as beef.

however horse meat is consumed by humans.... has been probably for thousands of years.
saying that it's pet food is certainly not true.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the late Paleolithic (Magdalenian Era), wild horses formed an important source of food. In many parts of Europe, the consumption of horse meat continued throughout the Middle Ages until modern times, despite a Papal ban of horse meat in 732.[4] Horse meat was also eaten as part of Germanic pagan religious ceremonies in northern Europe, particularly ceremonies associated with the worship of Odin.[citation needed]

Domesticated horses and cattle did not exist in the Americas until the Age of Discovery, and the Conquistadors owed much of their success to their war horses. The Europeans' horses became feral, and were hunted by the indigenous Pehuenche people of what is now Chile and Argentina.[5] At first they hunted horses as they did other game, but later they began to raise them for meat and transport. The meat was, and still is, preserved by being sun-dried in the high Andes into a product known as charqui.

France dates its taste for horse meat to the Revolution. With the fall of the aristocracy, its auxiliaries had to find new means of subsistence. Just as hairdressers and tailors set themselves up to serve commoners, the horses maintained by aristocracy as a sign of prestige ended up alleviating the hunger of lower classes.[6] It was during the Napoleonic campaigns when the surgeon-in-chief of Napoleon's Grand Army, Baron Dominique-Jean Larrey, advised the starving troops to eat the meat of horses. At the siege of Alexandria, the meat of young Arab horses relieved an epidemic of scurvy. At the battle of Eylau in 1807, Larrey served horse as soup and bœuf à la mode. In Aspern-Essling (1809), cut from the supply lines, the cavalry used the horses' breastplates as cooking pots and gunpowder as seasoning, and thus founded a tradition.[7][8]
Hunger during World War II led to horses being eaten

Horse meat gained widespread acceptance in French cuisine during the later years of the Second French Empire. The high cost of living in Paris prevented many working-class citizens from buying meat such as pork or beef, so in 1866 the French government legalized the eating of horse meat and the first butcher's shop specializing in horse meat opened in eastern Paris, providing quality meat at lower prices.[9] During the Siege of Paris (1870–1871), horse meat was eaten by anyone who could afford it, partly because of a shortage of fresh meat in the blockaded city, and also because horses were eating grain which was needed by the human populace. Many Parisians gained a taste for horse meat during the siege, and after the war ended, horse meat remained popular. Likewise, in other places and times of siege or starvation, horses are viewed as a food source of last resort.

Despite the general Anglophone taboo, horse and donkey meat was eaten in Britain, especially in Yorkshire, until the 1930s,[10] and in times of post-war food shortage surged in popularity in the United States[11] and was considered for use in hospitals.[12] A 2007 Time magazine article about horse meat brought in from Canada to the United States characterized the meat as sweet, rich, superlean, oddly soft meat, and closer to beef than venison.[13]

According to that last paragraph i'll be the burgers were tastier than their beef couterparts.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

I had a Chinese/Jamaican friend that used to tell me that dog was great on a cold day.
Fist time he told me that I asked him if he was for real and he said.
"Yeah mon!"

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Actually, it's believed that canabalism can be quite harmful. Studies done in Papua New Guinea linked a disease called Kuru (the human version of mad cow disease) to tribes that traditionally ate their dead.

Sylent6,
Hahaha, very true. In some places cows are considered to be sacred. Worshiped and treated like animals of the gods.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Tasted pretty good to me.

But ... I do enjoy horses.

I love deer meat too, but I dont kill animals unless I plan using the pelt and meat. Just because I hate wasting a life for little reason, but if you hunt for sport, I don't mind, just a personal choice of mine.

No need to kill unless necessary

However I'll catch the hell out of some fish.

edit on 1-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I like horses and I like dogs but both are tasty on a bun with ketchup mayo and pickles

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join