It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket carrying US satellite crashes into Pacific seconds after launch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Rocket carrying US satellite crashes into Pacific seconds after launch

rt.com

Sea Launch, the international company overseeing the launch, wrote in an official statement on their website that, "approximately 40 seconds after liftoff of the launch of the Intelsat 27 spacecraft, all telemetry was lost indicating a loss of mission."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
WOW,

Im glad nobody was hurt.

Breaking news therefore no much information as of yet, is seems the first stage of the rocket was supposed to detach two-and-a-half minutes into the flight, but did not.

A search operation is now underway for the downed rocket.

More information to follow.

Regards

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Good. I wish I could have seen the faces of the US Empire scientists as their silly little rocket crashed into the sea. Knowing all their hard work went into the sea

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what went wrong.

Oh hang on...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Great, more pollution in the ocean now. Well, it could be worse I guess, it could have crashed into some neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BitingRogue

Uhh the rocket is Ukrainian built...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitingRogue
Good. I wish I could have seen the faces of the US Empire scientists as their silly little rocket crashed into the sea. Knowing all their hard work went into the sea

Wow another US hater.

edit on 1-2-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Uhh the rocket is Ukrainian built...

The satelite wasn't. I know that thousands of hours in work and dedication and late nights would have gone into it. Good to see that it went to the bottom of the ocean.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

It was a communication satellite.

I see you enjoy using the internet (as proven by your presence here), Better communication satellites means better internet, thus allowing better internet and communications for even the most ignorant of people.

edit on 1/2/13 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I see you enjoy using the internet (as proven by your presence here), Better communication satellites means better internet, thus allowing better internet and communications for even the most ignorant of people.

I'm sure it was. Communicating back to the US government all the information it needs about scary countries who refuse to do as they are told.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

20 C-band, 20 Ku-band and 20 UHF-band transponders to provide increased and enhanced capacity for media, network and government services for North and South America, Europe, Mexico, the Andean region, Brazil and the Caribbean.

www.satbeams.com...

No doubt you'll focus entirely on the "government services" bit, despite the fact that it will provide services to dozens of different governments all across the Atlantic.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

20 C-band, 20 Ku-band and 20 UHF-band transponders to provide increased and enhanced capacity for media, network and government services for North and South America, Europe, Mexico, the Andean region, Brazil and the Caribbean.

www.satbeams.com...

No doubt you'll focus entirely on the "government services" bit, despite the fact that it will provide services to dozens of different governments all across the Atlantic.

I don't care what computer chips they bolted onto the thing, only that the US citizens involved in its manufacture and design were upset and downheartened by its loss.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

And on that bigoted bombshell.

I will bid you adieu.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
No hating here but I bet the North Koreans are laughing
2nd

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

easy for me to see why you have -4999 points.
it wont be easy for you to see though...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Hi, BitingRogue

I have noticed you (I'll avoid the 'T word here) frequenting a number of other threads and in each of them you express the same kind of aggressive, confrontational anti-American sentiment, though never really address the topic of the thread. I'm curious as to what is fuelling your anger/disgust with the US?

I see you joined very recently (not that that's a bad thing); what was it that inspired you to join ATS? Did you view it as a good forum to vent your anger and frustration in regards the US or did you start out interested in entering into discussions on a variety of topics with other like-minded people?

What would you like to read about/see discussed?
Do you have any thoughts on the topics you read beyond your apparent dislike for America/Americans?

I ask these questions genuinely and with no desire to insult you, accuse you or belittle your point of view. I am just genuinely curious as to your motivations.

I wonder if you might be better served articulating what it is specifically that is enraging you rather than making general statements or confrontational and provocative posts.

In regards this topic, whilst I could understand (though don't necessarily agree) with the view that a failure to launch satellites that you believe are instruments of oppression, is a victory for 'the little man', that doesn't seem to be the thrust of your point. It seems that instead you just wanted to express a feeling of self-satisfaction in the face of another individual (or set of individuals') failure. This I'm not sure I do understand. Could you explain your point of view in a bit more detail? Thanks.

Personally, I think it's unfortunate but, no one was hurt and the worst of it is a few red faces and a whole heap of cash down the pan. Not great but it could have been much worse...
edit on 1-2-2013 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Now they know how the North Koreans feel like when one of their rockets fails...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

edit on 1-2-2013 by geo1066 because: re-posted

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I'm sure it was. Communicating back to the US government all the information it needs about scary countries who refuse to do as they are told.

Im not doubting your claim nor am I agreeing at this point.

As of lately, it's really been discerning reading claims from our members on various subjects without any outside information to support such.

Would you mind posting a quote or a link to support yours? I would really like to see how you have come to this conclusion, it could lead into further investigation which is what ATS is all about.

If you're not to keen on how to do this, I'll help you out. You can start with the information that 'Chadwickus' gave on the frequencies that were going to be used. Are any of them classified?
Or,
Names of the Contractors involved in the construction of the satellite. Who knows, one of them quite possibly may be supported by our ( I'm American ) black budget.

Start something that seems to have been lost here on ATS. Back up what you claim.
You'll find that there are alot of members here that read your posts and are picqued and do want to agree with you, but give us a bone to chew on..

Remember - "DENY IGNORANCE"

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So is this the seconds crash they had this week?
kinda dumb.

Is this one of the three satellites that were going to work together for a special project? Can the other Satellites do anything without this one?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join