It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Child threatened on bus today (Gun Violence)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

edit on 4-2-2013 by lnfideI because: .

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Antar,
I do not know if this has been suggested or not, but, ....have you contacted your school or district resource officer yet??"
they can be the go-between with the school and LEO.
If you are in a small communiity with NO resource officer, the district has one.
Even at the high school level, they have access to the entire district
You are in our family's thoughts
ignore the grumpy people who dont get whats going on.....you ARE a goood person!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
infidel,

I thought you were leaving this thread???? If you do not believe the OP, why are you still here??

edit on 4-2-2013 by palmalBlue because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2013 by palmalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Sorry you lived in such a #ty place. Not all of us are that unlucky, some of us live in really great places. We are speaking from two contrasting demographics, I have experienced the crap demographic before, so I can also see it from your point of view.
edit on Mon, 04 Feb 2013 07:14:27 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by palmalBlue

Thank you, I will continue to be the squeaky wheel this morning as I am not convinced as others that this is just a little boy spouting off at the mouth.

He told my daughter 'he knew people' during his threats, and to me that 'could' mean that he has heard plans and was threatened if he told anyone, just as he told my daughter.

Shots fired into the main entrance of the high school only 6 miles away from my children's this morning.

This is the same very small and close community that had a teen try to shoot up the movie theater last month and then head tot he nearby walmart to shoot as many people as he could before he got taken down by the LEOs.

Believe it.

Edit to add that the teens mother had read his plans on FB and was able to intervene before anyone was killed.

edit on 4-2-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Where do you live?

It appears to be like the Wild West there........

Seriously mate, that is an awful lot of violent acts in a small time frame. Are there possible reasons for it? (ie, something in the water system, pollution for local mine or whatever).

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Keeping it real and in grounded perspective, it is best to stick to fact right now and go with what we know rather then speculate, especially on the side of what main stream may view as fringe or conspiracy.

I do not have any answers as of yet only more questions.

Just a few short years ago we were named the best place to raise a family in the US. One city with the lowest crime rate.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Let me state this for the record, I have read on this thread where I am accused of being a pro-gun troll and then again an anti-gun troll.

That is not the issue here.

You can read my personal opinions on many threads here on ATS, but that is one subject I do not get called out on or expose my personal information about.

I do like this saying which I did hear for the first time here on ATS:

I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

"The friends of Voltaire" published in 1906, this line was in regards to Voltaire's stance on Claude Adrien Helvetius.

wiki.answers.com...

Enough said about that.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Just one very simple question....have you personally contacted the police yet?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by palmalBlue

Thank you, I will continue to be the squeaky wheel this morning as I am not convinced as others that this is just a little boy spouting off at the mouth.

He told my daughter 'he knew people' during his threats, and to me that 'could' mean that he has heard plans and was threatened if he told anyone, just as he told my daughter.

Shots fired into the main entrance of the high school only 6 miles away from my children's this morning.

This is the same very small and close community that had a teen try to shoot up the movie theater last month and then head tot he nearby walmart to shoot as many people as he could before he got taken down by the LEOs.

Believe it.

Edit to add that the teens mother had read his plans on FB and was able to intervene before anyone was killed.

edit on 4-2-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

[color=6699FF]PREACH IT DEAR HEART SISTER-IN-CARING-FOR-THE-CHILDREN!

Those who don't "get it" aren't worth bothering a micro-second's with.

You are spot on.

What folks also seem to fail to realize is THIS SORT OF THING IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG

AND WILL BE increasing wholesale and far more rapidly than folks can imagine.

Those who are failing to wrap their minds around your situation will likely have to do so in their own neighborhoods before too many more months are past.

Wake-up folks. We are NOT "in Kansas" any more.

The ENEMY IS within the gates and multiplying his evils.

The kids ARE being targeted as a deliberate manipulation.

[color=6699FF]This particular case is not likely orchestrated by anyone but the little snot's selfish, angry, rebellious, ATTACHMENT DISORDERED inner demons. However, he has arisen in a culture designed, modified, manipulated and calculated to produce millions like him.

[color=6699FF]And folks who have kids need to be more alert than ever. Folks who care for kids without their own would do well to assist parents any constructive way they can. Rearing kids safely, wisely, productively, sanely in our society has become an incredible multi-dimensional mine field. Parents need all the help and support they can get.

[color=6699FF]Older retired folks would do well to check out what parents most need help and support in their area. Children need to know what homes in their spheres of activity are safe to run to in a crisis.

Please, folks, use this horrific situation as a wake-up call.

This mother and daughter's situation . . . including the other targeted kids is plenty real. This is not some rainbow pony fantasy as harmless as cotton candy. Sheesh.

ANTAR--CONGRATS ON YOUR PLUCK.

If you retreat to PM, please do keep me informed. I care. I'm praying. [[[[[[[[Hugs]]]]]]]]

edit on 4/2/2013 by BO XIAN because: fix tags

edit on 4/2/2013 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I didn't get a chance to post in this thread the other day and had to go dig it up...hope everything is okay, nothing else happens

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by antar

Just one very simple question....have you personally contacted the police yet?

I don't think so, that would upset the drama in ATS life.

I think the solution to this very stiff problem is to just keep discussing it on the Internet, after all it is what will make you look the best. It is very sensible. This should never be interpreted as drama. Its fun chat on the net, you follow me?

Thats just my opinion though.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Let me state this for the record, I have read on this thread where I am accused of being a pro-gun troll and then again an anti-gun troll.

That is not the issue here.

You can read my personal opinions on many threads here on ATS, but that is one subject I do not get called out on or expose my personal information about.

I do like this saying which I did hear for the first time here on ATS:

I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

"The friends of Voltaire" published in 1906, this line was in regards to Voltaire's stance on Claude Adrien Helvetius.

wiki.answers.com...

Enough said about that.

Antarrishu - School shootings and prevention (Extremely long winded where the reader is not sure what the point was?) Lots of wind for only three flags.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think a person can go around in circles with this one and never really be able to pin down a definitive answer or reason. I think that is why most have avoided this thread (and her last rant)

Just a sign of the times we live in I suspect.

Coupled to the FACT the OP has lost one child already on Dec 9th 2006 (verified) I cant quite get a firm handle on this whole issue, but I think you as a reader with a brain can figure it out pretty fast.

EDIT: I have no problem with the OP, I dont know her, have never met her or talked with her. This is not meant as a presonal attack onto her, as that is not my intent whatsoever. I feel bad for the OP. But denying ignorance is what this whole web site was built upon, and that is exactly what I am doing in this thread, denying ignorance.

The bottom line remains. When someone threatens a child with death, the police need to be called. It is not open for discussion, it is just a common sense fact. Most here have realized that. It does not take special intelligence.

edit on 4-2-2013 by lnfideI because: edit

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I did take note that you didn't answer a single one of my very valid questions. THAT is certainly the truth.

Whether you recognize my handle or not is of no significance in your story. I am not an active poster. I post sporadically, and I am ok without being known or popular, but that doesn't change the fact that I've been a member for 5 years, and read on an almost daily basis.

As to why I went to your thread history, it was because that is where investigation begins. I read your old threads, and then I asked the questions that stemmed from doing so.

I'll point out again, you ignored very valid questions. I never accused you of lying, I never called BS, I never said you were seeking attention, I simply asked very valid questions. You then chose to basically imply my questions are invalid due to how you don't recognize me. My apologies, I didn't realize we needed to be "friends" for my questions to hold water.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

No, fair comment and thanks for responding.

It just seems weird to me that you can go from one extreme to the other in such a short period (safe to violent). You are right though, now probably isn't the best time to discussing the why's. Although it will need addressing if the levels of violence are to decrease again.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Layla

It was not personal Layla, just did not have the energy to reply to you without getting defensive.

I chose not to reply because the questions you asked had not been resolved yet.

Remember I did not find out until the weekend was upon us.

I did try to contact parents of children threatened, got ahold of one. That parent has God complex when it comes to school officials, in other words believes in the administration fully and would never raise voice to them or any authority they place above themselves.

Have been the squeaky wheel, but have been smack dab in the middle of "Privacy Issues" as an excuse to not allow me to be a responsible part of any kind of process for resolution.

*Will be presenting at next Board meeting to implement ideas actually proposed in this thread such as having a resource officer assigned for parents, students and faculty.

*Creating a volunteer Crisis Intervention Team.

So much going on, and just wanted to reply to you.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I just read through most of this thread and if what you are saying is true, then do what the majority of posters here suggested. Contact the school AND the police and have them conduct an investigation. Make sure your daughter stays with you until this issue has been resolved.

This boy needs some sort of mental evaluation. No child goes around making "idle" threats as serious as this, regardless if it's a practical joke or not. We live in a time of terrorism and fear so everything, yes everything out of the ordinary must be taken very seriously.

If this turns out to be a practical joke or something silly, then so be it. If this child is mentally unstable, he must be removed from this school and placed elsewhere.

You are doing the right thing. Don't be afraid of reaching out to the authorities and seeking help. Your daughter and other children's lives depend on it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Some inside evidence has come through about the boy, he is new to our community, he did come from a horrendous past. 5th grade, 13 that tells part of it. All parents are on board in various capacity and I have done everything I can to follow through on this matter.

The squeaky wheel does get the grease, but it it sometimes takes time to hit all the parts needing greased.

Awareness, and the right questions have surfaced via this thread which is a testament to what kind of community we have here in crisis.

ATS is HUGE, but when something like this happens as suggested in previous posts, close family and friends are your first line of support, but with that lacking in my life, this thread has served to bring forth questions and points of view my limited circle did not have the sense to think about at the time.

I was freaked out and angry, and being hot headed in something like this would have initially sent out the wrong message and I would have been marginalized rather than taken seriously by the school and the authorities.

This is an awakening and signs of the changes that are happening in small town USA. The choices we make now can either serve to enhance and enrich our lives or drive us closer to a closed and narrow road of future oppression.

Words cannot express my appreciation for the thoughtful, intelligent, experienced and wise suggestions shared. This may have happened in my town, but in many ways we are all in this together and creating the path we chose rather than one being thrown on us.

Thank you for reading and caring.

Now off to try and pay bills, get chicken feed and chick starter! (Have about 35 or so new babies)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

I am not known for my GREAT threads or popularity here, I do have a passion when it comes to several topics discussed here and often my threads become bully pits which many members avoid, yet will read for information content.

I want you to know I did appreciate your posts and comments in this thread, you are strongly opinionated and obviously hate BS.

Some of the people at the school had your same attitude. So you represent a certain percentage of thoughts on this too, and that let me know how to handle those individuals.

ATS is a microcosm.

Keep up the good fight and I will pay closer attention to your future posts and threads.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
OK.

Your spot on when you say everyone is different. It really is what makes the world go around.

I have sailed offshore most of my adult life. Ive been 2000+ NM (Nautical Miles) offshore and away from help, where my decisions as skipper meant the lives of my crew, my boat and myself. I tend to live my entire life like that, where every decision I make could be my last if not executed right.

So when I read about your issues here, it really hit me with a hard blow, I felt your poor decision could cost lives and it really twisted me. It still does twist me.

But I realize now after speaking with you here and in U2U, that you have your own way to handle these explosive situations, and who am I to tell you your wrong. Even if you are (or I think you are).

So I leave you here now with your own decisions, be it a right one or a wrong one. Fighting you about your decision is not going to change it.

Your obviously a soft, gentle lady, who has been dealt some bad hands. Instead of feeling pity for you, I am slightly inspired by you for still having the ability to not go postal yourself. You have your convictions, and you are going to stick to them, even under extreme pressure from the likes of me. I am going to just respect that and back away from this whole thing.

In conclusion:

I still feel you made the wrong choice when lives could of been on the line.
I am still in confused seas when it comes to the bulk of your message.
I have a better appreciation for your time here on ATS.
I can better appreciate why your pals like the Rabbit stuck with you.

All the best OK?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join