reply to post by ImpactoR
This whole "close minded" flag you keep waving around is utter and complete total rubbish.
1. The Universe is VAST: about 500 BILLION Galaxies with anywhere from 300-700 BILLION stars in each galaxy.
For fun, let's say 500,000,000,000 x 500,000,000,000 = 250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars.
And that's just a very rough number of the KNOWN universe.
2. According that number, it's an absolutely ridiculous assumption to posit that there is no other life anywhere else in the universe.
Who actually believes there's no other life anywhere else in the Universe?
3. The majority of us that are very hard skeptics REALLY REALLY REALLY x 250,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
would absolutely LOVE for there to be aliens. Because of this, there has to be absolutely no doubt, no speculation, no conjecture, and no room for
4. Invisible secret hidden aliens are absolutely worthless. We need be able to either at the very least observe confirming data, and at best
participate in interaction. This can be anything from fossilized microbes on a moon, on up to space ships in our skies here to either make friends,
conquer, or anything else.
Secret, hidden invisible, rumored, speculated, maybe, possibly, potentially, hopefully wishfully thinking aliens, or evidence of aliens somewhere, or
reported by word of mouth is worthless.
If there's aliens 5000 light years away from us, and they're technological, friendly, interesting and have all the qualities that would make for great
friends, it means absolutely nothing if we don't even know they exist, or they won't talk to us, or there's really no way to make any sort of
5. Fantastic claims require fantastic evidence on par with the fantastic-ness of the claim. If you claim to know someone that can fly like Superman,
we don't want some blurry video. We want a live interview and demonstration done, did, and put told to on all the top international media outlets.
Photos/videos of balloons and ambiguous lights, or somethings are pretty much inadmissible.
If you take an HIV or Pregnancy test, do you want the results to be similar to UFO reports?
6. Certainly aliens exist somewhere ... possibly all over the universe ... and there could be BILLIONS of intelligent technologically advanced
species all over the Universe if only there was just ONE per Galaxy, but, it means absolutely nothing and is absolutely worthless information unless
we can either observe or have interaction.
7. Close mindedness works both ways. Most of us skeptics are entirely open and accepting to the idea that there's alien life somewhere, and will
gladly accept it upon confirming data. How open minded are believers to NEVER getting confirming data, never ever having validation? How many
decades has it been since the "modern" interest in UFOs been around?
8. As said before, skeptics are the very LEAST of worries as it applies to the UFO circus. The very believers and adherents to the phenomenon in all
their multiple types and sorts are the people that make the topic for the most part ... a circus, a joke.
9. In essence; don't write a check you can't cash. Accept nothing less than something you can poke at, have other people poke at; hear, see, touch,
smell, or even put on the barby for a taste.
10, Anything else is about as important as a Science Fiction movie production; dreams, speculation, maybes.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)