It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Lies by Omission: War hero arrested, charged with 5 felonies over 30 round mags

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowcast

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Lesson of the day
Do not break stupid laws...they may be stupid, but they are law.

Instead, elect people whom will try to remove said stupid law...
Legislation is far more preferred than a rap sheet.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
-Thomas Jefferson

In the last few days I have been amazed at the number of supposed Jefferson quotes thrown around which cannot in fact be traced to him :-

www.monticello.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

You make me wish desperately that ATS had, in addition to stars and flags, a FAIL button!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Martyr?! MARTYR!? How about twenty, four to six year old children as martyrs to your infernal need to have extra shots for your mechanical cock!? Jesus Christ. If the guy is living in a place that says NO HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES! (Which is NOT a Federal Law YET,) and he gets caught with them, empty or full, then he is breaking the law and goes to jail and it matters not one wit if he is a War Hero (to you or anyone else). Every jumped up dick with a medal from the Armed Services who joins a militia group to "fight the government" or becomes a merc, leaves his "war hero" status at the door. You people with your guns are LOSERS. Frightened of things that you cannot fight, of your own impotence and inability to be educated and come to grips with living in the real world. So you buy guns and waste your time and money. Not one of you would be worthy of checking my six! men who put weapons BEFORE children have no rights. If you think you can protect children with these weapons, you are out of your gourds. You and our Sheriff Joe Arpaio here in Arizona are dinosaurs who promote the welfare of gun manufacturers and your own personal fetishes over the lives of good and innocent citizens! You're not even potential protectors, you are potential threats. be gone with ye! I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whisperindave
reply to post by Helious

Martyr?! MARTYR!? How about twenty, four to six year old children as martyrs to your infernal need to have extra shots for your mechanical cock!? Jesus Christ. If the guy is living in a place that says NO HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES! (Which is NOT a Federal Law YET,) and he gets caught with them, empty or full, then he is breaking the law and goes to jail and it matters not one wit if he is a War Hero (to you or anyone else). Every jumped up dick with a medal from the Armed Services who joins a militia group to "fight the government" or becomes a merc, leaves his "war hero" status at the door. You people with your guns are LOSERS. Frightened of things that you cannot fight, of your own impotence and inability to be educated and come to grips with living in the real world. So you buy guns and waste your time and money. Not one of you would be worthy of checking my six! men who put weapons BEFORE children have no rights. If you think you can protect children with these weapons, you are out of your gourds. You and our Sheriff Joe Arpaio here in Arizona are dinosaurs who promote the welfare of gun manufacturers and your own personal fetishes over the lives of good and innocent citizens! You're not even potential protectors, you are potential threats. be gone with ye! I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

If war does break out I hope people like you are the first to go.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whisperindave

I hope and pray that you never have to eat that vomit you just spewed, but unfortunately if they accomplish removing the arms from all the groups you just vilified, you'll have to choke it down. I also hope you remember each and every vomitous word you just said as they strip you of every other right you have once the right to bear arms is gone.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I salute this man. Hopefully this story will gain attention, maybe even with a little of our community's help/involvement. Big things have small beginnings.

-Side note

I have a high capacity 500 round mag CO2 powered BB gun shooting at (modified) close to 1100 FPS, enough to deeply penetrate the skin. So I ask, is that illegal? I'd argue my BB gun is just as deadly as an assault rifle. So I can buy this (basically) from Wal-Mart and have 500 rounds to spray at will, but 30 is too many and is a felony because it's too dangerous?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

and your right..but they probably didn't fathom a M4 in the hands of larry the conspiracy nut either.

did you know that at the time of the revolution, not EVERYONE agreed with the idea that england was being unreasonable, and that the revolution was just, and necessary? there were those back then, that said that the founders were crazy, and they were the equivalent of the day to today's "conspiracy theorists"...not everyone who questions what he is told, and believes in the principles upon which this nation was founded, is a "conspiracy nut"

Anyhow, I don't agree with the mag size thing...then again, I don't disagree with it either. I do see the logic in the ban..hey, lets have some nutcase only shoot down say.7 people instead of 20 before reloading.

there is so much wrong with this statement....

1 - there is no logic in the ban..all it does is make citizens into criminals overnight. it will raise revenues to the state(in the form of fines, and other associated fees), and end up increasing an already overcrowded prison population with even MORE non-violent "felons", who's only crime was exercising their second amendment rights

2 - who's to say all 7 rounds will hit a target? who says the shooter is a good enough shot to make that happen? what difference does it make how many rounds are in the mag? tape 2 or 3 ten-rounders together. and you can VERY quickly reload..the number of bullets in the mag DOES NOT MATTER. it is a distraction.

3 - Just because it is "illegal" does not mean criminals are going to CARE....they will still be able to get banned weapons if they want, they will still be able to get high capacity magazines if they want....they will do illegal things...its kinda why they're called criminals..

4 - The 2nd amendment is not only the declaration of a right, it is the notification to the people of their duty, as americans to the maintenance and security of a free state... the 2nd amendment is to protect us from tyranny...its a lot harder to protect yourself from tyranny with restrictions in place. "shall not be infringed" is very plain, and easily understandable language...it doesnt say "the right to keep and bear muskets", or "the right to keep and bear swords"..it says "the right to keep and bear arms"..."arms" being the important bit. The founders were not stupid, they realized that weapons would get more sophisticated, and better, and they used the word "arms" because they knew that as weapons tech got better, the army would of course adopt it...the point was to ensure that the people would be able to arm themselves in a similar fashion to the continential/federal army (now part of the united states armed forces).

As far as the legalities of it..he knew the law, he broke the law, he will pay for it. I have had friends deal with a similar thing for some plants. I don't agree with their fate, but its not like they were totally unaware of the stupid law in place.

As i stated earlier, he was made to believe they were pre-ban magazines, and therefore not illegal to purchase, or own. to the best of his knowledge, he was not breaking any "laws"
edit on 1-2-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whisperindave
reply to post by Helious

the idiocy of the above rant is absolutely astonishing..

pay close attention:

INFRINGING UPON THE RIGHTS OF LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WILL NOT STOP CRIME.

if you do not believe in the principles upon which our nation and society were founded, then you are welcome to leave at any time...i usually HATE the "if you don't agree, then you should leave" argument, but if you feel strongly enough about it...i'm just saying...you have options..

How about the fact that scumbag politicians are using dead children to push a political agenda they've been stonewalled on for years?...why don't you show some rage over that?
edit on 1-2-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

Long story short (I was tempted to do the point by point thing, but sometimes too much information loses the focus of the point.

The law being stupid...for the most part, sure..but it is the law for now for that area.

As far as the argument of how only criminals then will have mega mags..I am not worried about that.
Consider what is in the news and what got this ball rolling. Its not the daily gangbangers taking each other out daily with their illegal weapons..it is the mental health failure types that purchase their stuff legally when they drop off the deep end one day and use that. these types in the news, be it the guy from ats that gunned down the congresswoman, or the theater dude, the school shooters, etc..they didn't go searching the black market and got super illegal cool guns..they went to walmart and purchased what was available. (you get the point..legal purchases).
This is what makes the news...this is what people are concerned with..not which color some hood rat is wearing..but if the nice quiet kid across the streets is off his meds...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Daedalus

Long story short (I was tempted to do the point by point thing, but sometimes too much information loses the focus of the point.

The law being stupid...for the most part, sure..but it is the law for now for that area.

As far as the argument of how only criminals then will have mega mags..I am not worried about that.
Consider what is in the news and what got this ball rolling. Its not the daily gangbangers taking each other out daily with their illegal weapons..it is the mental health failure types that purchase their stuff legally when they drop off the deep end one day and use that. these types in the news, be it the guy from ats that gunned down the congresswoman, or the theater dude, the school shooters, etc..they didn't go searching the black market and got super illegal cool guns..they went to walmart and purchased what was available. (you get the point..legal purchases).
This is what makes the news...this is what people are concerned with..not which color some hood rat is wearing..but if the nice quiet kid across the streets is off his meds...

And i submit to you that gang wars have a far higher body count than these shootings we hear about on the news...but that never really makes the national news, because them that would prompt people to call for something to be done about THAT issue.

i agree, mental issues are a problem...but that can be dealt with as well...the national news outlets don't talk about THAT issue either, because, again, that would make people call for something to be done about THAT issue...

instead, we hear about these shootings that the media can sensationalize, and scare people with...which dupes them into supporting laws that only serve to limit, or in some cases, completely deprive people of their right to defend themselves when these things happen....

I am FAR more worried about a gangster, or other criminal with a weapon, than i am about a regular citizen with a weapon.

and did you ever consider that more often than not, that it might be a result of an "unstable" person being ON meds, rather than OFF them, that causes these kinds of incidents?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

ah rape jokes yeah that helps ya look real smart oh wait i forgot rape jokes are ok when they are about prisoners people like you are why this world is so screwed up.

ontopic the only question i have is if they WERE preban mags and He can prove it will they give him his mags back and apologize because if they were preban and he can prove it they wouldn't be illegal.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Carrying banned magazines is not the same as standing up against segregation.

It absolutely is the same. There is no harm to anyone in having the magazines. His ability to travel with his own property, harmless property, is obviously impaired.

It is exactly the same. For owning a little metal box this man is being treated worse than a second or third class citizen. He's being treated as a rapist, kidnapper or murderer.

A minor day to day issue may be 5 felonies to you but not to me and not to the man facing them.
edit on 1-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

It was decided that it was harmful after a few mass shootings...hense the ban. Having to reload gives the moment of opportunity to where a person under fire can bug out or attack verses sit and get shot.

You don't need a chain gun for personal protection.
And again, get politicians that will change the law you deem stupid..give your reason. the second amendment does not ensure your right to never have to reload...your lucky they haven't banned mags all together..go with whats in the chamber alone and then reload..because that is not protected...you can say it was a oversight from the founding fathers, that the days of muskets they didn't foresee magazines and gun advancement...and your right..but they probably didn't fathom a M4 in the hands of larry the conspiracy nut either.

Anyhow, I don't agree with the mag size thing...then again, I don't disagree with it either. I do see the logic in the ban..hey, lets have some nutcase only shoot down say.7 people instead of 20 before reloading.

As far as the legalities of it..he knew the law, he broke the law, he will pay for it. I have had friends deal with a similar thing for some plants. I don't agree with their fate, but its not like they were totally unaware of the stupid law in place.

I can show you the fallacy, but you have to agree to be polite about it ok?

Let's just assume that anyone in possession of a penis is a potential rapist. They have the equipment to rape, so the potential is there. After numerous rapes, lawmakers pass a law that the penis is responsible for these rapes, and not the person in possession of the penis. Anyone caught in possession of a penis is a criminal.

That is breaking the law, not the other way around.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

Let's just assume that anyone in possession of a penis is a potential rapist. They have the equipment to rape, so the potential is there. After numerous rapes, lawmakers pass a law that the penis is responsible for these rapes, and not the person in possession of the penis. Anyone caught in possession of a penis is a criminal.

That is absolutely BRILLIANT!

Why didn't I think of that...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by Mads1987

You make me wish desperately that ATS had, in addition to stars and flags, a FAIL button!

Yes, that is a great argument. Now that you put it that way, I can see I was totally wrong. Thank you so much for the insight.

I don't think you understand the point of have a discussion!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Bit of a strawman argument don'tcha think.
But lets just agree to disagree on this point. No worries..I would never vote for or against anything about gun banning..I simply don't feel very strongly about it as it is a tool that is used to murder verses the reason. I am just saying I understand the logic behind it in regards to some insane person shooting off 20+ bullets before reload verses 6+1.
A billion different reasons why it shouldn't be illegal won't suddenly make me no longer understand the point behind the banned extended mag. I agree most people with weapons use it responsibility.

They did a test..put a goldfish in a blender and had it plugged in..then put it on display..anyone could hit the start button and simply murder the goldfish.

and of course someone eventually did.

Human nature...most of us are alright..but there is the odd asshat that destroys trust in one another and ultimately ruins it for everyone.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So any of the people who support the enforcement of those felony charges answer this?

What is the difference between a .458 socom magazine and a 30 AR magazine?

5 felonies isn't that where 3 strikes and your out comes in?

spending the rest of his life in prison for nothing more than owning a little evil box.

edit on 2-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Bit of a strawman argument don'tcha think.
But lets just agree to disagree on this point. No worries..I would never vote for or against anything about gun banning..I simply don't feel very strongly about it as it is a tool that is used to murder verses the reason. I am just saying I understand the logic behind it in regards to some insane person shooting off 20+ bullets before reload verses 6+1.
A billion different reasons why it shouldn't be illegal won't suddenly make me no longer understand the point behind the banned extended mag. I agree most people with weapons use it responsibility.

They did a test..put a goldfish in a blender and had it plugged in..then put it on display..anyone could hit the start button and simply murder the goldfish.

and of course someone eventually did.

Human nature...most of us are alright..but there is the odd asshat that destroys trust in one another and ultimately ruins it for everyone.

that's the thing of it....they're not "extended" capacity mags..they're standard capacity, the politicians, and media are just CALLING them "extended" or "high" capacity, to make them sound more evil and scary..

A beta mag, that holds 100 rounds...THAT'S an "extended" or "high" capacity magazine...it's not really something the average citizen needs, and is really better suited for a weapon using burst, or full auto fire, but given the underlying purpose behind the 2nd amendment, you should still be able to get one.

I honestly don't understand this idiotic obsession with regulating/legislating magazine capacity...whether it's 5 rounds, or 10, or 7, or 100, what does it matter? you honestly think that a reload is going to give someone a chance to stop a crazy person with a gun? they're either gonna reload fast, or they're gonna have another gun on them. and when you charge them you're gonna die.

the solution is lifting idiotic, unconstitutional state legislation, disallowing the concealed, and open carry of arms...if more people were carrying, you'd find these crazy bastards wouldnt rack up anywhere NEAR the body counts they can now....and get rid of "gun free zones"...all they do is advertise to criminals and crazy people that the building is loaded with targets who can't fight back..

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I just wanted to bump this thread...i don't usually do this, but i feel the issue is very important, and worthy of attention..

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What will be the breaking point? When will the "American people" say: Enough is ENOUGH!? Complaining ain't gonna change nothin'. The battle won't be won via computer...it will be won...when we STAND! Til then, keep complying and complaing; while they pick us off, one by one!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This story enrages me. This guy now has a felony that is going to ruin his chance at any career for the rest of his life. Over some empty magazines.

Liberal stupidity knows no bounds, clearly.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join