MSM Lies by Omission: War hero arrested, charged with 5 felonies over 30 round mags

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I had been eying this story for a while, and was thinking about bringing it here, I kid not. But it was not until an astute poster noticed and did the research on who this guy that got arrested actually IS, that brings an additional conspiratorial element into the story.

Look at the story as printed by MSM:
www.wwnytv.com...

A town of LeRay man was accused Sunday of possessing high-capacity magazines for an assault rifle.

Jefferson County Sheriff's deputies say 32 year old Nathan Haddad allegedly had five 30-round magazines for an AR-15 rifle in his possession.

Police say the magazines were found during a vehicle check on Steinhilber Road in the town of LeRay.

Haddad was charged with five counts of third degree criminal possession of a weapon and arraigned in Watertown town court.

But then check this out- as it turns out, the guy is actually a war hero:
www.drum.army.mil...
AND:
www.drum.army.mil...

For the bigger picture.

Nathan Haddad is his name. And as the poster points out:

This is being intentionally kept off the MSM.

They do NOT want this guy being the poster child for turning law abiding citizens into criminals.

I won't provide link, as that came from a not so friendly site. But I couldn't agree more. Let's not infuriate the gun owners again, huh?

What total BS. So now, you're damn straight I am posting this.
edit on Thu Jan 31st 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Just 5 little boxes? No rifle?

Hmmmm I seem to recall a certain MSM wonderboy waving around a 30 round magazine on national television in DC where it is a felony to do so and nothing happening to him.

criminal possession of a weapon

I think the court needs to show us how to use those 5 empty boxes as a weapon.
edit on 31-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Disgusting but there will be more than one martyr before this is all over.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Where does it say the boxes were empty? And isn't the problem that these can be used as part of a weapon?
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987

Where does it say the boxes were empty? And isn't the problem that these can be used as part of a weapon?
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

Lets say they werent. Let's say they were full. So he had 5 boxes on ammo in his car. So what?

Lots of things can be used as "part of a weapon." Are we going to treat every pin, bolt, screw, block of wood as a weapon?

The law is doing itself a great disservice by not being consistent.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Just 5 little boxes? No rifle?

Hmmmm I seem to recall a certain MSM wonderboy waving around a 30 round magazine on national television in DC where it is a felony to do so and nothing happening to him.

criminal possession of a weapon

I think the court needs to show us how to use those 5 empty boxes as a weapon.

Very valid point and one that I think most people don't realize--they have in NY (and want to everywhere else) ban by law plastic or metal boxes with springs. Think about it. A person could become a felon if he has the wrong box or the wrong spring. Boggles the mind, don't it?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Very valid point and one that I think most people don't realize--they have in NY (and want to everywhere else) ban by law plastic or metal boxes with springs. Think about it. A person could become a felon if he has the wrong box or the wrong spring. Boggles the mind, don't it?

I cant wait for enforcement of NY's stupid "no more than 7 in a 10" law to start ruining the lives of people who miscounted or didnt realize there was already a couple in the mag from their last trip to the range.

Assuming the NY cops have even figured out a way to enforce such a ridiculous law.

A million stupid technicalities to get a perfectly harmless law-abiding individual sent up river while the gangsters and thugs just operate as if nothing has changed.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

A million stupid technicalities to get a perfectly harmless law-abiding individual sent up river while the gangsters and thugs just operate as if nothing has changed.

How do you know the guy was harmless? He certainly was no law abiding citizen, if he was he wouldn't have had those illegal 30 round magazines in his car.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Well, pins and bolts serve other purposes than just being a part of a weapon. Bullets are exclusively used in weapons.
But I agree with you that law needs to be consistent.

+31 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

How do you know the guy was harmless? He certainly was no law abiding citizen, if he was he wouldn't have had those illegal 30 round magazines in his car.

A pre-crimer I see.

In a free society liberty must be assumed where no harm to persons or property is apparent.

If you're happy not living in a free society and pre-criming everyone around you that's your business. Dont force me to live in such a sick world.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I really really hope you are being sarcastic, otherwise....no words.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

We still dont know if bullets were even involved though given the MSM's hatred of guns I'd have to believe that if bullets were involved the report would gleefully reflect that.

If bullets are involved they themselves are not a weapon. Which is what he is being charged with.

Unless he can throw them really, really, really, REALLY hard.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
soo. if were only allowed seven in the mag, does that mean i can put 8 in, and rack one into the chamber condition 1 style? because technically there would only 7 in the mag...scratches head...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Because of this crazy new law lots of us have just resorted to not taking anything out of the gun cabinet just to be on the safe side until things are made a little more clear.
edit on 31-1-2013 by jaynkeel because: fix error

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtybird
soo. if were only allowed seven in the mag, does that mean i can put 8 in, and rack one into the chamber condition 1 style? because technically there would only 7 in the mag...scratches head...

You'll have to be really quick and not let a cop catch you.

There's likely a statute of 5 to 10 years on that felony so keep your mouth shut until your deathbed confession.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

A pre-crimer I see.

In a free society liberty must be assumed where no harm to persons or property is apparent.

If you're happy not living in a free society and pre-criming everyone around you that's your business. Dont force me to live in such a sick world.

But there are things out there, which civilians can only use to harm others. Like anthrax. A scientist might be able to learn something from it by looking at it through a microscope, but a layman can only cause harm with this, intentionally or not.
Again, heroin, morphine or similar products made from the Papaver somniferum can be used to give pain relief. But in the hands of an untrained person they are almost exclusively harmful.

So should we not try to prevent people from obtaining these things?

I am not saying that weapons can't serve other purposes. That is not my point at all. I am just saying that your approach/logic to the problem, that "In a free society liberty must be assumed where no harm to persons or property is apparent", just doesn't apply to everything.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I know we don't know, but you wrote they were empty, and therefore I had to ask how you know they were empty since the article didn't say.
Just trying to figure out what is going on.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987

I am not saying that weapons can't serve other purposes. That is not my point at all. I am just saying that your approach/logic to the problem, that "In a free society liberty must be assumed where no harm to persons or property is apparent", just doesn't apply to everything.

Yeah, it does. But that's for another or several other very long threads that already exist here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
i agree with you about that, but there has got to be some loophole for this new stupid regulation, and i cannot beleive they gave this guy crap he served our country so what hes got some 30 rd mags. it only takes one bullet to kill, so a well placed shot negates this whole bill really

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Feel free to U2U me, I am curious to how you think that logic applies to everything.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join