MSM Lies by Omission: War hero arrested, charged with 5 felonies over 30 round mags

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
No weapon found, no point made if the magazines are load or not just that they had a capacity of 30 rounds and done during what looks to be a traffic stop. This isn’t going to go over very well if it hits major MSM's.

The way the article is written and is laid out makes me think it was a rush job. Guess someone in that news office felt they need to sneak the article out. I also find it interesting that the article was edited only 35 minutes after it was posted. It’s not a long article so I don’t see how spelling and grammar would be a problem.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm not sure I get this story.

If it's illegal to possess something (ANYTHING) and someone has that something, it's against the law. Where is the law not being consistent? I'm sure I'm missing something...

Secondly, some anonymous poster somewhere (on some "unfriendly" site) claims that the MSM is keeping this quiet on purpose and we're just supposed to take that as fact? Seriously? On what basis?

Thirdly, this arrest happened on or around Jan 7. Were the new NY gun laws even in effect then? I don't think so... Clearly, I'm confused about the details of this story and the point of the OP.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

A million stupid technicalities to get a perfectly harmless law-abiding individual sent up river while the gangsters and thugs just operate as if nothing has changed.

How do you know the guy was harmless? He certainly was no law abiding citizen, if he was he wouldn't have had those illegal 30 round magazines in his car.
Before long, no one will be a ''law abiding'' citizen, in the eyes of tptb, even YOU. You'll learn soon enough what they consider law abiding, my friend.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If it's illegal to possess something (ANYTHING) and someone has that something, it's against the law. Where is the law not being consistent? I'm sure I'm missing something...

David Gregory got a slide for breaking the same law albeit in a different state/territory.

This man is also being charged with possession of a weapon. What is the criteria for labeling a thing a weapon? An empty aluminum box is a weapon in the state of NY? How many other empty metal boxes are people not being arrested for? Is this particular box a weapon simply be decree? Can the courts demonstrate the use of the little box as a weapon?

The new laws arent the issue in this case. 30 rounders have been evil contraband in NY for a long time.
edit on 31-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

A million stupid technicalities to get a perfectly harmless law-abiding individual sent up river while the gangsters and thugs just operate as if nothing has changed.

How do you know the guy was harmless? He certainly was no law abiding citizen, if he was he wouldn't have had those illegal 30 round magazines in his car.

A pre-crimer I see.

In a free society liberty must be assumed where no harm to persons or property is apparent.

If you're happy not living in a free society and pre-criming everyone around you that's your business. Dont force me to live in such a sick world.

I am not making any judgement wheather he is harmless or not you are. I am neutral, you are not. You are now also judgeing me, again without any facts. If you want to have an honest debate don't be so quick and jump to conclusions.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I am not making any judgement wheather he is harmless or not you are. I am neutral, you are not. You are now also judgeing me, again without any facts. If you want to have an honest debate don't be so quick and jump to conclusions.

What's to debate? The guy was arrested for having little metal boxes. Supporting that is idiocy plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Thirdly, this arrest happened on or around Jan 7. Were the new NY gun laws even in effect then?

From what I have read I get the impression that the law is currently 10 capacity mag, going down to 7.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

What's to debate? The guy was arrested for having little metal boxes. Supporting that is idiocy plain and simple.

Then why do you even bother to post?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Oh Christ this gets even better:

On Sunday January 6th he was arrested for possession of five, 30 round empty magazines that he believed were pre-ban magazines when he purchased them.
Haddad Legal Defense Fund

If you arent familiar with "post-ban / pre-ban" legalese prepare to have your mind blow should you bother to look into it.

I want to know how it was determined they were not pre-ban. Mags dont typically have any identifying traits.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Then why do you even bother to post?

To share my disgust and highlight the absurd pointlessness of these types of laws.

We arent in the debate forum.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Thanks, guy.

I can't find ANYTHING to suggest that an empty magazine is considered a weapon... Most likely, the arresting cop is confused about the law. From what I have read, at least in New York, some cops arrest at the slightest hint of a possibility of a gun crime and let the courts and lawyers work it out. This is most likely what's happening. Remember, he's been CHARGED, not convicted. That doesn't mean I agree with it AT ALL. I think it's reprehensible and being done as intimidation. Cops need to know the laws. I can't imagine a cop thinking it's illegal to own an empty magazine...

This will be an interesting story to follow.

People on a TV "news" program, displaying illegal substances for public information in a different state with different laws can't be compared. Sorry.
edit on 1/31/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I wonder what he was pulled over for be for his car was searched. Bet he had them on the backseat and the cop saw them as he walked up.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

People on a TV "news" program, displaying illegal substances for public information in a different state with different laws can't be compared. Sorry.

The TV reporter was in an area with a magazine law that made it illegal.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Isnt it though? The law is the law and possession of the item is the crime in question.

If intent mattered then this guy wouldnt be facing 5 felony charges.

If I stand outside the very building Gregory displayed the magazine and held up my own magazine and stated "this is a 30 round magazine" you think I would have gotten the Gregory treatment or the Haddad treatment?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
this is all BS that brings out the asinine and ridiculous in everybody. Technicalities to make everyday people into "criminals".

The worst part is the idiots thinking this is some sort of public good and their helping it somehow makes a better world.

Eat my butt....really, this is retarded.
edit on 31-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Originally posted by roadgravel
The TV reporter was in an area with a magazine law that made it illegal.

Thank you.
He was investigated for it and it seems he's off the hook. Source

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

If I stand outside the very building Gregory displayed the magazine and held up my own magazine and stated "this is a 30 round magazine" you think I would have gotten the Gregory treatment or the Haddad treatment?

You would have gotten the Haddad treatment.
Because you aren't a celebrity (that I know of...). If I did what Lindsay Lohan has done, you think I'd be treated differently than her? Yes. It's hypocrisy, for sure. Especially now that I know even an empty magazine is illegal in DC.

What we don't know is the New York law or local statutes on empty magazines.
edit on 1/31/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

reply to post by roadgravel

Thank you.
He's being investigated for it. Source

That's old news. He wasnt charged even though the cops admitted it was a crime: No charges for Gregory

D.C. attorney general Irvin Nathan on Friday said he would decline to prosecute in the case involving the Sunday show host and any NBC staffers. In a letter to NBC’s attorney Lee Levine, Nathan wrote that after reviewing the matter, his office “has determined to exercise its prosecutorial discretion to decline to bring criminal charges against Mr. Gregory, who has no criminal record, or any other NBC employee based on the events associated” with the broadcast.

The office made its decision “despite the clarity of the violation of this important law"

You would have gotten the Haddad treatment.
Because you aren't a celebrity (that I know of...). If I did what Lindsay Lohan has done, you think I'd be treated differently than her? Yes. It's hypocrisy, for sure. Especially now that I know even an empty magazine is illegal in DC.

What we don't know is the New York law or local statutes on empty magazines.

Knowing you would see the hypocrisy would keep me warm on those cold prison nights.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Yeah, I edited my post as you were posting. Trying to keep up.
I didn't even know about this story.

Let's see what happens with Haddad. Or let's find the actual law about unloaded magazines...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Let's see what happens with Haddad. Or let's find the actual law about unloaded magazines...

§ 265.02 Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree.
A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the third
degree when:... (8) Such person possesses a large capacity ammunition feeding device.
Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree is a class D
felony.
NY Penal Code

Large capacity in NY is anything over 10 and soon will be anything over 7 rounds.

23. "Large capacity ammunition feeding device" means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, that
(A) Has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more
than ten rounds of ammunition, OR
(B) Contains more than seven rounds of ammunition, or
(C) Is obtained after the effective date of the chapter of the Laws of two thousand thirteen which amended this subdivision and has a Capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, More than seven rounds of ammunition; provided, however, that such term Does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and Capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition or a Feeding device that is a curio or relic.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So NY will allow pre 4-15-2013 10 round mags loaded with 7 rounds. I guess the next revision will be no more 10 round mags, just like the previous exemption for high capacity is gone. Then 3 rounds in a 7 round mag and so on...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join