It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible UFO Filmed By Commercial Pilot above Costa Rica skies on 23 January 2013

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

This is all too true

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

1. It appears in the video frame the exact same moment the Sun appears. No ..Sun appears before the object does. 0.9sec mark

2. It disappear from the video frame at the exact same moment the Sun disappears. Obect is gone while sun still there 0.21 mark

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
What gives it away to being a lens flare, or at least something caused by the sun, is the fact that you can actually see the rest of the reflection if you look very closely. That is what I would think it would be, and it is a more plausible explanation. I cannot understand what he was saying, but I would bet that he did not see it with his naked eye, and it was only seen on the camera.

It says quite clearly in the translation that he saw nothing with the naked eye??. The translation is there from the start, and again even the secondhand video uploader, (who many are at pains to call hoaxer) also gives/or allows in the translation that the two experts, an Astronomer, and a UFO buff, also are open minded as to a reflection, or a solid body outside the aircraft. A very reasonable hoaxer then??
edit on 1-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Plainly and clearly a lens flare/reflection of the sun.

The "shadow" is a video compression artefact and (as has previously been pointed out) sometimes appears above the image.

Again, it is another blurry dot. A blurry dot is not sufficient for any of us to draw conclusions from. It could be a real UFO or it could be a lens flare/reflection of the sun. There is insufficient information to determine unequivocaly exactly what it is.

The title for the OP is correct. This is not credible.

edit on 1/2/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
*sigh* One day I will actually open one of these threads and see something decent.

Unfortunately, today was not that day. Cool Lense Flare though.

I will keep opening these "incredible" threads though

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The video even in the highest quality it still looks like its computer generated and very badly computer generated...sorry no aliens here folks please move on to the next thread that fancies you.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
*sigh* One day I will actually open one of these threads and see something decent.

Unfortunately, today was not that day. Cool Lense Flare though.

I will keep opening these "incredible" threads though

Yeah, the Sunbeam is cool too, as it passes by.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Arken

Plainly and clearly a lens flare/reflection of the sun.

The "shadow" is a video compression artefact and (as has previously been pointed out) sometimes appears above the image.

Again, it is another blurry dot. A blurry dot is not sufficient for any of us to draw conclusions from. It could be a real UFO or it could be a lens flare/reflection of the sun. There is insufficient information to determine unequivocaly exactly what it is.

The title for the OP is correct. This is not credible.

edit on 1/2/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

Do you mean there is not enough information given? I don't mean to be rude, but your first statement, is pretty clear, but is instantly dissolved by the third.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Like I said, better work than the automatic "lens flare" crowd but I think some are making the same mistake as most, mainly watching the first 5 seconds of video, reaching a quick conclusion and not paying more attention.

In the segment where the video is zoomed in to show the "object" better you can see quite clearly the path is not in sync w/ the plane's movement (the plane is moving, not the sun - any artifact would be moving in relation to the plane). The object is taking a different path and changes course rather drastically at the end.

I can't rule out reflection entirely since it overcomes some of the issues that disprove "lens flare" but there are a couple of elements I believe make a reflection unlikely - mainly the seeming reflection of light off the object as it passes the center.

Still, it's nice to see some progress past the first idea that pops in their head and look a bit closer. If you continue to examine and investigate I think you'll continue on to where myself and some others have gotten - namely that it's not a lens flare and "probably" not a reflection either.

The photographer in the video is saying he did not notice the object at all at the time of making the video. He is not saying he saw it on camera then looked outside and did not see it. Two completely different things.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Sorry, you are wrong, I am a photographer, and IMO, there is no doubt that is simple lense flare.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Like I said, better work than the automatic "lens flare" crowd but I think some are making the same mistake as most, mainly watching the first 5 seconds of video, reaching a quick conclusion and not paying more attention.

In the segment where the video is zoomed in to show the "object" better you can see quite clearly the path is not in sync w/ the plane's movement (the plane is moving, not the sun - any artifact would be moving in relation to the plane). The object is taking a different path and changes course rather drastically at the end.

I can't rule out reflection entirely since it overcomes some of the issues that disprove "lens flare" but there are a couple of elements I believe make a reflection unlikely - mainly the seeming reflection of light off the object as it passes the center.

Still, it's nice to see some progress past the first idea that pops in their head and look a bit closer. If you continue to examine and investigate I think you'll continue on to where myself and some others have gotten - namely that it's not a lens flare and "probably" not a reflection either.

The photographer in the video is saying he did not notice the object at all at the time of making the video. He is not saying he saw it on camera then looked outside and did not see it. Two completely different things.

Yes, you are someone who is reading it right, that's why I mentioned the sunbeam in another post, it is a part and parcel of the the video, virtually unchanging, going from left to right, courtesy of the aircrafts banking to the left, and/or a panning of the camera, which could make a difference. It also brightens at one stage, (as the 'object' passes through or by it) so the video is full of ambiguity, without clarification as to what exactly the pilot is saying.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This hasn't been moved to the HOAX forum yet? I'm stunned...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

Who's the hoaxer?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

The "light coming from the object" could simply be compression artifacts. the video is full of similar artifacts, not just around the "object".

But the object moves exactly with the movement of the Sun.

Look at this other video again made by natayor (in the quoted post below) where here flipped the video then overlaid it on the original (creating two layers of video -- one original version and one "flipped" version, overlaid on top of one another)...

...it's best if you watch the "original" Sun in his video. At about the 2 o'clock position on the Sun is the inverted version of the "object". You can clearly see that the inverted object moves exactly with the Sun's movement.

Watch the below video in hi-def and on full screen:

Originally posted by nataylor
It's lens flare. Here's a video I created. I duplicated the clip, rotated it 180 degrees, and made it partially transparent. I then placed it over the same clip and inverted the colors. So now you can see a black spot in the upper right and a black sun in the lower left. You'll notice how the spot exactly follows the sun. Click through to watch it in HD.

edit on 2/1/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Your usage of the word incredible is quite flimsy.
That was a sad excuse for a UFO.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

How is mistaken identify a hoax?

Everyone has to get dramatic.. "omg.. they were trying to dupe us!! To the hoax forum and ban the OP!" This hasn't even conclusively been proven to be a lens flare. Just because some ATS posters say "That's obviously a lens flare duh!" doesn't mean that is really the case. It may well be.. but acting as if the folks that post here are all-knowing is laughable. Open up most UFO threads and you'll get 19 definitive yet completely different takes on what the object is.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

This hasn't even conclusively been proven to be a lens flare.

You've looked at all of the evidence presented and find it lacking? What more do you need?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
i love UFO footage of any kind, apart from the fakes. a lot of people complain of bad footage, mobile phones, cheap cam corder or even video recorders. the thing is, we get no warning of a "visit" they just turn up so 9/10 footage is going to be pretty bad. no one carries movie equipment around with them. There are ways to spot fakes as already suggested, and i am willing to suggest this is not a fake too.

It could be man made, or it could ET of some kind.. who knows, but this is definitely genuine.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The problem is when there are cases like this one where I feel it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is a lens flare/reflection of the sun but then you ignore that and claim otherwise then it hurts the entire UFO community. It makes those that believe in UFOs look like desperate kooks. Sometimes believers are their own worst enemy and this is one of those cases. It is on par to being caught in a lie.I appreciate those who scrutinize these things they keep me from looking like a fool. UFO is an extraordinary claim that needs extraordinary proof but this video has an ordinary explanation.

As I have said before I would love to see footage of a real UFO and there have been some videos where I think it is definitely a possibility however this is not one of those times. You need to be critical of each case or you will only hurt your own credibility. I certainly looked at this video a couple times and was open to the possibility but then some people here debunked it scientifically and even made visual graphics that demonstrated perfectly how it is the sun playing tricks. If you ignore the science then you are going on something more akin to faith.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
in the video, the ufo is symmetrically in the exact opposite position of the center of the sun.

You guys are right. Its lens flare

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join