It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major tornado touch down in Adairsville GA, deadly damaging storms roar East Coast!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Many report coming there is major tornado touch down ..

"Also many reports of cars overturned and major structure damage."

PEACHTREE CITY - The National Weather Service is reporting that a tornado touched down Wednesday morning in Adairsville in Bartow County. Details are sketchy at this point, but authorities are saying a number of buildings in the Adairsville area were damaged. There also are reports of overturned vehicles and possible injuries.

www.accessnorthga.com...

LIVE COVERAGE from Adairsville www.wsbtv.com...

Live: Track storms with Interactive Radar

www.wtvm.com...

WATCH LIVE: Streaming coverage of the tornado damage in Adairsville,

content.wdtinc.com...
edit on 30-1-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Some video of tornado ..

twitter.yfrog.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Sad thing those tornadoes are...
Praying for the people in the area.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Tornadoes reported as deadly storms wreak havoc in South

Updated, 5 min ago ..

Tornado watches and warnings covered a wide swath of the South and Midwest Wednesday, as storms caused widespread power outages, structural damages and were blamed for at least one death and multiple injuries in the regions.

Risks from severe winds and rain threatened more than a thousand miles of the country, stretching from Cleveland, Ohio, to New Orleans, The Weather Channel reported. Tornado warnings were issued in areas from central Tennessee and Kentucky to northern and western Georgia and were in effect until Wednesday afternoon.

A tornado reportedly touched down in northwestern Georgia Wednesday morning, causing "major structural damage," The Weather Channel reported. Tornado watches were also in effect in areas of Mississippi, Ohio and West Virginia. The storms were expected to move east later in the day.

usnews.nbcnews.com...

Powerful storms hit South, Midwest; tornadoes reported

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Oh wow.... crazy weather huh.

I have lived in Tennessee all of my life and its just getting stranger each year since the middle 90's. There is definitely change going on globally that one will not be able to deny much longer.

Growing up on a farm it was easy to know when to plant our crops.. now... there is no way to know because nothing is defining the seasons any longer.

We had an F2 touch down around 3:45 am here right down the street from my house (Mt. Juliet) last night/this morning. Did wide spread damage to homes and businesses, even our ballpark is destroyed.

My bf went outside to look and came running back in telling me to get the kids in the closet. My heart sank because for him to say take cover... was a lot. He grew up in Dallas seeing many tornadoes.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Oh wow.... crazy weather huh.

I have lived in Tennessee all of my life and its just getting stranger each year since the middle 90's. There is definitely change going on globally that one will not be able to deny much longer.

Growing up on a farm it was easy to know when to plant our crops.. now... there is no way to know because nothing is defining the seasons any longer.

We had an F2 touch down around 3:45 am here right down the street from my house (Mt. Juliet) last night/this morning. Did wide spread damage to homes and businesses, even our ballpark is destroyed.

My bf went outside to look and came running back in telling me to get the kids in the closet. My heart sank because for him to say take cover... was a lot. He grew up in Dallas seeing many tornadoes.

Definitely a climate change going on.
Texas hardly sees tornadoes any more.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Bartow County officials asking that you STAY AWAY from the Adairsville area..they're still searching for storm victims, area VERY dangerous ..

Shocking Photos from Georgia Tornado

"But so far, there have been no reported fatalities. "

www.thedailybeast.com...

"Our photog just sent us this photo of a tractor turned on its side on Hwy. 140 in Bartow County.

twitter.com...

"Major damage in downtown Adairsville. Reports of cars overturned and major structure damage."

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Injuries, property damage and at least one fatality reported from tornado touchdown in Bartow County
Updated: 12:54 p.m

Multiple buildings were reported damaged, with people trapped inside, in northern Bartow County after a tornado touched down late Wednesday morning. At least one person reportedly died when the tornado slammed into Adairsville.

Vehicles were reportedly overturned on I-75 in Bartow County, and the state Department of Transportation said the interstate was closed in both directions near the Ga. 140 exit. Meanwhile, a tornado warning was issued just before 1 p.m. for Paulding, Cobb, Cherokee and north Fulton counties after radar indicated a severe thunderstorm capable off producing a tornado south of Dallas.

“Major structure damage reported in downtown Adairsville,” the National Weather Service reported. “Reports of cars overturned and major structure damage.”

www.ajc.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Deadly, Damaging Storms Roar East
January 30, 2013

"As bad as it is right now, it's probably going to get worse," said Dr. Greg Forbes, severe weather expert for The Weather Channel."

A huge storm system with thunderstorms, damaging winds and possible tornadoes raked a wide area of the central U.S. and South on Wednesday, and threatened to become more powerful as it roared East. The severe threat includes many major cities: Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh and New Orleans. Philadelphia, New York City, Washington, D.C., and southern New England could see 60 mph winds Wednesday night, forecasters said.

The squall line, which extended from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico, created travel headaches. A ground stop was issued for arriving flights at the world's busiest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, on Wednesday morning.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It went over my house. My dog got ansty but it was over fast. Adairsville is bad. Maybe worse than CNN's coverage. I mean...wth.. CNN is headquartered in Atlanta. What is with that carp coverage? They said at least one home destroyed...they lost any cred they had left w me. Horrible source.

Homes destroyed, businesses gone, people trapped, at least one death. Triage set up town center....town blocked off, big manufacturing plant GONE...get your news form WsbTV, Fox5 atlanta, and Twitter for Adairsville news. They are still going door to door.

Say a wide f3 was what hit last I heard.
edit on 30-1-2013 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Live: Track storms with Interactive Radar

www.wtvm.com...

"NorthPointe Church in Adairsville is open for those who need to seek refuge in the area. The address is 30 Orchard Road"

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Tornado warning for Harris, Meriwether

Uploaded: 20 minutes ago

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Glad you are ok. I have family in the area I am trying to get in touch with.

News didn't start reporting the F2 that came through my town until later this morning. Why that is I have no idea. Here in Mt. Juliet, TN it was a 115 mph F2 confirmed. www.wkrn.com...

From the link it states..

The tornado was on the ground for 4.6 miles and had a width of 150 yards. The heaviest damage occurred in a commercial district around Lebanon Road and Mt. Juliet Road where one warehouse and an automotive business were heavily damaged. Several other businesses in the area received minor to moderate structural damage. Significant damage to outbuildings, fences and power poles also occurred at the Mt. Juliet ballpark. Dozens of trees and power lines were blown down and many other homes received minor damage along the storm's path.

Another article (same link) states

n Nashville, a 47-year-old man was killed when a tree fell onto a trailer behind a home in the 3800 block of Abernathy Road in Bordeaux, north of Nashville. Metro police said Vernon Hartsell was living in the trailer. At 3:30 a.m., high winds uprooted a large tree, which crashed into the building. He was crushed and died at the scene. A crane had to be used to lift the tree off of Hartsell. Also in Davidson County, at least half a dozen homes in the Ranchwood Mobile Home Park on Dickerson Pike off Trinity Lane were damaged. A tree fell into a living room where a woman, her son and great grandson were seated. "It was cracking. It was just the worst sound I've ever heard in my life," Delorise Adkins recalled. Adkins was on one couch with her three-month-old great-grandson Ricky and her son Samuel was seated across from them. "It was just like, I don't know, a train, like the trailer just ran into something, like it was just a loose train and just ran into something," Adkins continued. No one was seriously injured although a picture frame fell off a wall and hit Adkins in the head, causing a gash on her forehead. The family is just glad to be alive. Samuel Reed said, "I'm just glad to be alive. I'm glad they're okay." "That trailer, you know, is nothing compared to the life of this child or that one, nothing compared to that," Adkins said. The American Red Cross is working to find shelter for at least five families from the mobile home community. In Williamson County, Ravenwood High School in Brentwood sustained some damage to its roof but the school is open Wednesday. Significant damage was also reported in Mt. Juliet, where forecasters confirmed an EF2 twister with 115 mile-per-hour winds touched down, in Robertson County, where the roof of a gas station was blown off and in Hickman County, where as many as 15 homes were damaged or destroyed. Two additional tornadoes occurred along the Dickson-Cheatham County line and in Sumner County, south of Gallatin.

If I knew how to embed photos I would but via the link there are plenty to view. Its crazy looking.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Tornado Tracks Across Adairsville, Georgia

This imagery is generated from the NOAA National Severe Storms Laboratory

www.nnvl.noaa.gov...

NOAA's National Weather Service Storm Prediction center received reports describing a tornado's impact on Adairsville, GA. Multiple cars have been overturned on Interstate 75, one person has been reported killed, multiple structures damaged and numerous trees and powerlines are reported down. People around the region are urged to review the SPC Tornado Safety FAQ and your family's tornado plan.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Tornado Demolishes Adairsville, Georgia Graphic Footage!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I just can't believe that tornado was a 3! It looked like a five! One of those gargantuan monster wedges. The things apocalyptic nightmares are made of.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The storm must not have reached us yet, or maybe it fizzled out, Im in Surfside beach S.C. and we havent had anything but some clouds and a lil wind, havent seen any rain yet, UNFORTUNATELY storms usually fizzle out before they get here, so we miss all of the good stuff, sometimes.

new topics

top topics

join