It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shoots Alabama bus driver, holds child hostage underground (Another underground bunker being rai

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Man shoots Alabama bus driver, holds child hostage underground (Another underground bunker being raided)

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- A man boarded a school bus in Alabama, police said, shot the driver, took a 6-year-old boy hostage and hours later was still holding the child in an underground bunker early Wednesday.

The incident started Tuesday afternoon and continued early Wednesday morning with authorities still desperately trying to free the young child.

Late in the evening Tuesday, the man had the child in some sort of underground bunker or storm shelter, and authorities were communicating with him through a PVC pipe, CNN affiliate WSFA reported.

"We will continue to work diligently through the night
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well it's happening again. Earlier this summer I posted about a local in Washington from North Bend who was a Doomsday Prepper, and after killing his entire family fled into his bunker up in the mountains. They had to gas him out and in the confusion he died from a fire or smoke inhilation. It seems like almost another situration like this is occuring in Alabama.

I take this as either doomsday preppers not having their prophecies fullfilled, or extreme depression because of a myriad of factors including the economy causing people to go crazy and lash out. Or if you want to go into the real Conspiracies the media could be trying to make preppers look crazier and crazier as a means to turn society against people that are preparing for the possible bleak future of the U.S.

Either way this is pretty horrible, it only happened 1 hour ago and I don't know if it'll turn out with the best possible outcomes that a situation like this could bring.

www.cnn.com
edit on 30-1-2013 by Swing80s because: grammar

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swing80s
the media could be trying to make preppers look crazier and crazier

www.cnn.com

This is the more likely explanation. Soon it will be illegal to have your own underground bunker....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Go to the history books.

During the revolutionary war, it was neighbor militia vs. neighbor militia. Ugly, ugly war. Women and children used as bait to draw out your neighbor of 30 years so you could shoot them all.

Today... same-same.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Clearly, they need to pass a law so 6 yr old could obtain CCW license.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Okay, so I read the news articles and have watched reports on the news. So does anyone know if this man has some sort of relationship with the child or was he just taken at random? From the reports it doesn't sound like he wants to hurt the kid (authorities sent his medicine down to him and said he hasn't bee harmed). So is this guy just nuts, did he have a dispute with the bus driver, is there some sort of child custody issue, what gives?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I'm not sure I only heard this about an hour ago. As SWIM that works at Noemployment is Secure Department SWIM sees the best and worst of society and trust SWIM that it isn't getting better people are starting to break down...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Sounds like he's a rock spider to me
Scumbag

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
No direct relationship to the child. News reports are saying the shooter is a 60-something guy with a history of mental problems. He was due in court to face 'menacing' charges later today.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I heard that he tried to grab another child while he was on the bus, but only managed to make it away with the one he got because the kid fainted.

Since he took the kid to a bunker, and if he really did try to grab two kids, I could imagine he is going for a Adam and Eve thing. He believes the world is going to end, and tries to save the human race by dragging a male and a female into a bunker.

Maybe he rewatched The Blue Lagoon and got the idea.

Just a crazy theory.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Get Obama on the case, anyone who has an underground bunker will be sent to prison for life! Anyone with a bunker will be reprimanded and their bunker seized.....

On topic, I feel bad for the bus driver RIP and the poor 6 year old kid who has to live through this crap.....It's no wonder kids grow up the way they do......Pyschos like this are disturbed, but it is probably the guns fault.....

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Just saw a snippet about this ongoing story on CNN.

It was said that, All children were able to exit the bus except this little boy, because he is a special needs child.

My prayers go out to this little boy and his family.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaakin

the media could be trying to make preppers look crazier and crazier

www.cnn.com

This is the more likely explanation. Soon it will be illegal to have your own underground bunker....

Having seen the trailer for doomsday preppers adding the IQ up of the people in the trailers might just get you above 100 , can you make them look any crazier

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Seeing as how you can fortify anything conceivable, they're not going to outlaw bunkers. If they did, preppers would just fortify basements or other areas in the house instead. It's just a matter of logic there.

I saw this on CNN this morning, I'm worried for the little kid behind held hostage. From what I understand in online articles, the male captor is mentally unstable, so I'm hoping they can get the kid out of there before the guy goes past the point of no return mentally & does something awful

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Clearly, they need to pass a law so 6 yr old could obtain CCW license.

Crazy people do crazy things.

All these guys do have one thing in common.
They were wearing pants....... let's ban pants.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

True, crazy people will do crazy things.

What can we do to make it harder for those crazy people to do crazy things?

That is the question.

So far giving them easy access to nuke is not a good thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Responsible people have tornado shelters.

Responsible people have root cellars.

This is a crazy person and when he is hauled off to the pokie, someone else will move in and they will be responsible people with a safe shelter.

Shelters do not kidnap children.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Or if you want to go into the real Conspiracies the media could be trying to make preppers look crazier and crazier ...

Nope. They do a great job of it themselves. The only thing there was to worry about on Dec 21 were the idiots who had invested too much energy into preparing for the "end times". Honestly, I think they should be pointed at, ridiculed and made fun of like the flat earthers and the hitler on the moon people.

If you are a "doomsday prepper" do us all a favor and go into your bunker, lock the door, and never come out. The world is better if you stay out of the light. The rest of us are going to keep on livin and trying to make this world work, while you spend all your time fantasizing about it's demise. We don't need you. You were wrong. You are wrong. You'll forever be wrong. Go away. You're ideas are a cancer in this society and your presence is a disgrace to humanity. You mask your fantasies in terms of being prepared to survive when in fact it's just a sick psychological desire to see your fellow citizens of this planet in pain and suffering. You are bad people. You undermine the goodness in our species and hold us back from living our dreams and existing at our true potential. You are below worthless to our civilization, you are pulling us down... making us worse... making the world a sadder and more dangerous place. Please stop. Go away.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SKMDC1

Stereotype much you intellectual bigot? Just because Discovery channel seeks out some fringe idiots so people like you will label the entire prepper community 'bad people' doesn't make it so. You obviously are weka-minded and easily manipulated by media. I suppose everyone living in New Jersey is just like Snooky and her crowd, too huh? What a maroon.

The majority of us hold responsible, jobs, live full lives and don't spend our time running around shooting up the woods. We have, however, seen Katrina, Sandy and events around the world that have thrown large numbers of people into extended periods of suffering, deprivation and fear. We choose to take some of the resources (for which we work) in order to build an insurance for ourselves and our families 'just in case'. I've always owned fire extinguishers. Never had to use thise eaither. Does that make me carzy and a 'bad person'.

Your post was ill informed, defamatory, bigotted and down right offensive. Who the hell are you to cast your judgement on how other people chose to live their lives. Turn off the TV for awhile and do something with your life.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There is a solution to the problem of crazies targeting children: 2 to the body - 1 to the head.
Get a sniper in there and put this nut down. I have NO sympathy or thoughts of sending
this type of person to prison. You do this to a kid, you go down.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join