It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lose weight before TSHTF!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys! I read all of em thoroughly.

Also, this isn't just for me, it's advice for friends as well. We're all doing this.

I REALLY wanted a bike! I knew a bike would whip my ass back in shape, it has before! I can't afford one though

A bike would be my favorite choice as far as a cardio thing. I also really like it because you can use it rather than wasting gas in a car, and it's an awesome bug-out vehicle. A bike has been on my # 1 priority list for some months now.
edit on 30-1-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I lost over 45lbs and kept it off by eating less and fasting. The reason it worked was because I hated exercising and going hungry was easier than exercising. Once I lost the weight, exercising became more enjoyable because I wasn't a lardass anymore. As for diet, I ate cheap foods because I was poor back then. Rice, beans, potatoes made up the bulk of my diet. Not trying to give advice, it sounds like the exact opposite of what everyone recommends.. but that's what worked for me.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysteriousmysteries
I'm with InTheLight on this one. Don't lose weight, stock up! Sure the muscle goes first, but what comes after that? Your best bet is to be fat AND muscular. Tough, maybe--but not impossible. Just look at any wrestler from before 1990. Haha.

Seriously though...it's a tough choice. You want to be fit enough to run and forage for food, but you (or I) would want to have enough of a ponch to be able to live that extra day or two and stay those extra few degrees warmer at night.

Hmm. Maybe the "fat wrestler" training regimen really is the way to go! I gotta get to the store and grab some slim jims and a six pack!

I used to be like that, fat but fitter than most till I was 30. However, as you get older you cant keep it up, you have to loose the fat eventually.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by InTheLight
Wouldn't you want to gain as much 'reseves' as possible considering finding food may be a major problem?

I think I have enough... besides, when your body is in starvation mode, your muscle gets sacrificed before your fat does.

I want to know I won't get tired out if I have to run. I hate running, but if it's needed, it's needed. I wanna be as reliable as possible.

This is not true, fat goes first, then muscle. Think about it as a Evolutionary stand point. Pre humans would go days without eating, why would the body eat away at its muscles first, muscles being the means need to catch food in the first place, then fat?

It’s the other way around, once you burn all your fat stores, then the muscles start to cannibalize its self. Its like trying to tell me if I eat more without working out my muscles will get stronger.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

actually if you think about it... wouldn't it be worse for someone with a "healthy" eating pattern in a SHTF scenario?

lets say you are a healthy person who is used to eating 3 meals a day, breakfast lunch and dinner, and several snack in between...wouldnt it be worse? because now that food is limited your metabolism is craving to be constantly working and therefore you will feel hungrier than a person who eats maybe once or twice a day...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

actually if you think about it... wouldn't it be worse for someone with a "healthy" eating pattern in a SHTF scenario?

lets say you are a healthy person who is used to eating 3 meals a day, breakfast lunch and dinner, and several snack in between...wouldnt it be worse? because now that food is limited your metabolism is craving to be constantly working and therefore you will feel hungrier than a person who eats maybe once or twice a day...

That's why I fast.

I feel healthier and lighter when I fast, and I feel more "one" with everything I guess.

I also like to know I can go a certain amount of time with food, but I still want to be healthy.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The problem with fasting is that the body "remembers". The primal brain is smarter than we give it credit. If you fast, your body will struggle to retain it's energy reserves (fat). If you constantly eat (small amounts of healthy foods), your body will shed it's energy reserves as it anticipates more calories in the near future.

At least that is the way it was explained to me. It could be way off.

By eating 5-7 times a day, and working out for 1 1/2 hours a day three days a week, it took me three months to lose four pounds. However, I lost 9.5% body fat, which was my goal.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I hope i dont seem like ive been hiding underneath a rock all this time by asking this question but what does "TSHTF" mean? and if someone has time can it please be explained to me thank you

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnowyOwl
I hope i dont seem like ive been hiding underneath a rock all this time by asking this question but what does "TSHTF" mean? and if someone has time can it please be explained to me thank you

TSHTF means when "The Sh&$ Hits The Fan."

It's cool, I didn't know what it meant a couple years into conspiracy digging.

Also, TPTB means "The Powers That Be." Took me forever to break that down, because I never wanted to ask anyone.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You know what, guys?

Despite that i do FEEL healthier, I don't think I've done enough.

I'm now prepared to do something drastic.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I seriously need to be Blunt

You should be Fat as all heck

1: your diet will be SHTF... the SHTF diet.... it's what we will all be on I assure you it will be the first diet in history to actually work lol.

2: Running and Fighting are literally the 2 LAST things you want to do... Sneak Avoid is the order of the day. Fat and sneaky isn't really harder, your going to WALK in a bad environment, if you can walk continually your fine... most Fat people can especially if your young, running will exhaust you and burn vital nutrients quickly and consume too many calories, never run, fluids, clean water are lost you will be Spotted by others before you see them if your running as well and just get killed.

3: If your fighting your probably dead, you don't want to encounter anyone without at least watching them for quite a while first. Gun fights aren't things you all survive when your protecting people or in a group and no one wins every time and there are no extra lives, if your fighting at all your loosing people period. So Don't and as has been said it will be guns Fat means very little particularly if your smart and pick up sniper skills...
edit on 3-2-2013 by penninja because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

ok but are we talking about the quickest way to lose weight?

or

if it would be better to be skinnier than fatter in a SHTF scenario?

i think a slower metabolism in shtf would be beneficial because your body would break down food slower therefore requiring less food to survive..

just my opinion

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

usually during a week, i go maybe 2 or 3 days with just eating once a day...

usually i just have one big breakfast feast, and i can go all day usually until bed time without eating anything else

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The body will use up most of the fat before it goes after the muscle unless the fat contains a lot of toxins and is locked. Here is an article for you to read. en.wikipedia.org... Try to eat healthier food. Avoid eating too many things that suppress the thyroid such as goiterinogens. Many of the cruciferous veggies if well cooked are good but when raw pose a problem. Eat breads made with unbromated flour because bromate lowers the creation of adrenaline.

If the SHTF it is important to know that aged foods can help keep muscle mass from deteriorating. Research Tyramines. Excess is stored as octapamines in the muscles and can help with fight or flight responses. Too much and you can get crabby, just look at the bar fights for evidence of that. If the body cannot process the Tyramines it will give you a morning headache, I am still working on the reason that the body doesn't break them down. Shortage of copper can cause this as well as mineral imbalances.

Vanilla is a beta blocker which calms people and can help to regulate heartrate. Sometimes it has Propylene Glycol in it though and that has stronger effects than the vanilla and it is not complete, vanilla has other good properties other than the chemical that gives it the vanilla taste. If you want some good vanilla, go to an organic store and buy some organic vanilla extract. We are hooked on that stuff now, my wife would have a fit if I told her this stuff was evil. I can't find anything bad about real vanilla if used in moderation but using too much of it can have some negative effects. Remember that vanilla is a calmer and overconsumption can make you gain weight.

Fat can be used to build muscle also. It has some of the necessary building blocks in it. People don't understand that fat below the skin is necessary and so is the brown fat. Eating foods consistantly that block blood vessel development during exercise means that big muscles will not be able to work right and still be weak because of low bloodflow. These foods that block blood vessel growth are listed as anticarcinogens and they do work for that but they also make healing properly a problem. If you want strength the muscles need blood vessels properly placed in them.

Eat homemade beef soups to build muscle and lower fats. Put some veggies in them to get minerals. Eat that soup with a sandwich made from real Italian meats, not those crappy ones they have in the grocery store that are neutralized. Use good Italian bread made with unbromated flour, something that is hard to find. A little mustard on the sandwich can help to keep the bloodpressure from elevating to high or just eat a piece of celery or a slice of cucumber.

You have to experiment on your own to find the results you want. Remember not to overdo any one type of food, incorporate it into your diet. Eating something aged boosts adrenaline so it should be eaten half an hour before work. Cereals are aged grain but too much is no good either, they give you fast energy but you dive in an hour.

Fasting occasionally will help you be able to utilize fats in the body. It also helps to keep you younger as it helps regenerate the body. I used to eat once a day for many years, eating when I got home from work. My dad taught me this saying that always eating is not good for us. Some people can't do this but others do well with this. My wife can't skip a meal or she gets crabby. She eats different than I do. You have to find your own nitch but must be aware that mineral and vitamin deficiencies can occur if doing this system. Everyone is different.

edit on 3-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Slower processes would be a 50/50 call I would think. Food will become incresingly difficult to obtain and energy would be needed "now".

I would think that a balance is what you want to obtain. Endurance to maintain yourself throughout the day, and strength to carry you through.

Ignore the "beach muscle" approach and shoot for solid lean muscle and around 18-24 BMI.

Blue chip:
Bench press your weight plus 100 pounds
Dead lift twice your weight plus 100 pounds
Squat three times your weight plus 100 pounds

Work to build the muscle while increasing cardio capability.
Day one - 5 mile jog
Day three - 4X1200, 6X800, 4X600, 2X400 "sprints" (fast as you can)
Day five - 8 mile jog

Skinny people will fall by the wayside the same as obese people. Goals for survival should be midrange between the two.

All of this is my opinion and I do not claim to spout facts on this matter.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Double post - sorry
edit on 5-2-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The protein shake you make might be fattening. Thry contain sugars and chemicals.. Anything whipped is bloating because of the air. The same with eating too fast, you take air in doing that.

Drink water in moderation. Too much can cause bloating.

If you want to get rid of a fat belly then cut out foods or drinks made with artificial chemicals, fats, yeast, flour and sugar.
No cakes, donuts, potato chips, fries, crackers, bread, pastries, ice cream, puddings, soda pops, cookies,etc.
Dark chocolate is ok. A bag of skittles isn't.

Its ok to indulge, just don't do it daily.
I avoid these foods by not buying them in the first place. If you're a kid, you're not doing the shopping. So that isn't something you can control or I would say never grocery shop when you're hungry.

As others have said, sit ups don't really work. Isometrics are best. Practice holding your stomach in. Imagine the centre of your stomach pressing into your spine. Sit and stand with better posture.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join