It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My heart and soul is in this album I recently finished. It'd be so awesome if you could take a lis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

Outstanding !!! You have the pipes kid. As far as the sound, I like it all but the drum machine. It's a little thin sounding. Some touch up here and there in a good studio, is just what this needs. Keep going my young friend, there is great music here. Just be in that right place, at the right time. When you come to Joe Louis arena in Detroit, I'll be there.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It is just awesome that ATS allows this. Best of luck to you I know I will be getting a copy or two! Thank you ATS for supporting things like this. It really makes my day knowing this community standing by your side!
edit on 28-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thanks for the reference man! I'll definitely check it out!!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

I really love singing live. I respect artists who can carry themselves on a live performance so much. One of these days I'll get a live recording of an open mic gig and put it up!

Thanks!!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Aww Thanks! I really appreciate the support and I'm totally happy to know that my music got you to dance a bit

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by oldkawguy

Yeah I definitely wish I knew how to play drums or had some drums readily able to record. It's always the drums that are the most noticeable!

Thank you for the feedback and support and I'll definitely let ATS know if I'm lucky enough to get a major tour going!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Thanks so much! It's all free as I want to spread it around as much as I can.

ATS is so awesome, I've been lurking on this site and posting here and there for a while now. The community is generally nice, gives good feed back and you can count on most of the members.

Thanks for the support!!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
if you sound this good in real life you should go out to auditions

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Gotta say "ya done good" Its not an easy job taking a project from start to finish, especially one done by yourself.

With that said, next time you might consider letting a professional mixer mix your CD...they can take your project to a whole new level.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I've only checked out the first song so far (but will continue listening.)

For starters, I gotta say I'm impressed. Nice quality, especially of the vocals. Catchy tune. Your hard work shows.

So far it's a little more 'pop' than my personal preference, but still good.

I'm glad to find more musicians on ATS! I'm in a band myself called 'Word of Mouth.' I've posted up a few threads about it, but you can check out some of our tunes and videos HERE.

Cheers and good luck doing what your doing!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Dude it is mixed horribly I'm sorry to say, when it picks up in the chorus it is hard to hear each instruments own definition, it sounds like it is all fighting for space and as for the 'Hi-Mid' section sounds ear piercingly bad (cheap EQ or EQ used to hard) What Mic did you use, do you know?

The verses and less crowded bits sound fine, and I think I hear some sort of phasing issue as well, the stereo depth of this is pretty bad as well.

The writing and arrangement are good typical pop stuff, and the vocals sound okay from what I can hear, but like I say the mixing and/or the mastering is terrible.... I hope you got the multi-tracks for it where ever you recorded it.

I will mix a track for free out of good will if you got them. If not i would phone up the studio and asked them to be sent on a disk with no processing on them.
edit on 29-1-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hey Dude, pretty good stuff, I was a bit alarmed by your Cover art though.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Thanks I've tried a few auditions and got onto TV briefly for one and almost made it to a few others. Auditioning is tough work!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ATS23

Yeah on my next work I'll probably send it over to the pros or maybe i'll take classes and become a pro hahaha
Thanks for the feedback!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Thank you! You too! I'll definitely check out your band

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

No worries. I just did it myself on my computer honestly. I have no background in mixing at all I just tried to teach myself with forums and what not.

I'll definitely send you something in the near future and see what you can do! I'll pm you my email address in a bit. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Baguul

Haha did the image stick in your head?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Ah okay, I was going to say I hope you didn't pay for it. send it when ever

I'm always free.
edit on 29-1-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Nice job like the live song you have on there....you are as good as any other male singer out there...you will only get better as time goes by...best of luck

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Good job there, sir!
Your style reminds me a bit of John Legend.
Keep up the good work!

I'll listen to the album again when I come back form work. If I feel the same way about it that I feel right now, I will definitely get it!
edit on 1/1/2013 by thegrayone because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join