It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My heart and soul is in this album I recently finished. It'd be so awesome if you could take a lis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Here's the link to the album:
alexfamous.bandcamp.com...

I've been spending the last 1.5 - 2 years working on this - Learning how to mix a little, writing songs and finding people to collaborate with. It's been a great adventure with a lot of ups and downs. Now that it's finally done, I'm so excited and happy to share it with everybody I meet and I hope you guys here enjoy it as well.

The album is free to download (just gotta say you wanna pay 0) and all donations are definitely welcome.

Thank you so much and I can't wait to read all the feedback, good and bad.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I absolutely love your voice and style. I am an oldie and my heart is touched as well.I am on number 2 of your album, Ghost I am listening to now. I feel fortunate and blessed to hear you sing.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I skimmed through all your tunes and they are quite excellent. So, don't ask me why I'd like to hear a non-vulgar rap song thrown in there.
edit on 28-1-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

I'll take a listen - I have a ton of respect for musicians. I'll edit this post to let you know what I think.

Edit:

Track 1 - Nice voice, great emotion conveyed. It's catchy, the first song at least, some of parts sounds amateur though. Around 2 mins in the first song, I think if you went for deep bass/dub step-type feel it would work great. Your voice has the emotion, but the music, IMHO, seems to have lost the emotion there.

Track 2 - Love the opening. Voice is spot on (damn you're really good). Great lyrics, smart, catchy. Sweet transition to the drums. -- have you shopped this around? You may have hit here. A producer would get you better production equipment (of course) and maybe a slight rearrange of song, but that's a hit song. Wow.

Track 3 - I like the timing of the opening - better production of this song could make it "pop." It's dying for the production value a song like Nicki Minaj "Startships" has. This is really good too.

Do you have an AR? If not, DM me. I don't have time to listen to more, but you're really good, original and got talent.

Edit to add: I'm not an AR, but I have friends.

OK, I kept listening. I lived with a now well-known AR while in college with known rappers coming in and out of our apartment in NYC and visited the studios nearly every night for 3 years - for the heck of it I helped listen critically to tracks on some known radio songs and made suggestions. Anyway my point is, you're really darn good. The whole package from your name to look and the actual music.

Track 4 - Are you harnessing Adele (soul) with a mix of Savage Garden. It's good. Vocals again are spot on as are lyrics.

Track 5 - Party song. Definitively catchy, awesome lyrics for a paying audience. I can see this on the radio. The FT is solid too. This might be my favorite so far, it's emotional and can dance to it.

Track 6 - Another soul piece with piano - touching lyrics.

OK, I really have to leave. Anyways -- you're on the right track. It's an amazing first album. Congratulations - I hope you go far!

edit on 28-1-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I was thinking of writing a rap.. but my rapping is not so hot. Thats why I got my friends to rap for me hahaha

link   
reply to post by Jason88

Thanks so much man. I can't wait for the feedback

link   
reply to post by electricalpup

Thank you for taking the time to sit through the whole song!! I'm glad are you are enjoying it so far

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

It's just that I heard a female rapper on the radio today and your voice would do a "non-vulgar" rap song justice.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Hahah Thanks! Maybe on my next album when I'm a little more practiced and confident with my rapping. hahah

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Really not my taste but I have to say awesome job putting it all together and keep it up. Just because it is not my cup of tea does not mean others won't dig it. You have talent and motivation. I wish you the best.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

You're good, but I'm sure you've been told this. The whole album is good.
Better than some of the sh*t on the radio these days.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Thanks for the support man. I'm not sure if you've gotten a chance to skim through the whole thing, but I appreciate you taking the time to listen to a few anyway. Hopefully one day i'll come out with something that you can enjoy too

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Thanks man! I really just catered the album to myself and just hoped it would connect to people you know? There were no ulterior motives other than to just make an album that I'm happy with and hopefully it takes off.

I appreciate the support!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I listened to a few tunes, and will listen to a few more. The genre isn't really my style, but I know talent when I hear it. Don't take no for an answer. Keep forging ahead. You've got promise.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

No worries. I am just glad to see some strong independents out there. Heck, before the internet, your talent would be known only to a few. Today, you stand a real chance of making it because many will hear you. In addition, you have a lot of technology to aid in the production process. What you created was clean and catchy. A good combination.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Thanks man. I've been told no and to not to pursue it so many times. But I understand the risks. I understand that there will be failures, but there will also be success if I keep trying and keep refining my skill.

This album has kind of set my path in stone. I want it more than ever.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Yeah man. I'm really grateful to have all of these resources at my disposal. I can't imagine how hard it was before all of these things.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Sounds pretty good.
Not bad,not bad at all.
I wish you luck on what seems to be a promising future.

I don't know if they still do this kind of thing,but give a shout to this station.
www.wfpk.org...

They are a public radio station basically funded by the people who listen.
And they play everything.
edit on 28-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
You are really talented vocalist and songwriter. I would love to hear you sing live with piano/acoustic/full band instead of just keys!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Ptenjakin
What a great first album! You are very talented your songs had me dancing in my chair i loved the first song Kamikaze Love..
I have a feeling your going to go far in the music industry..Best of luck to you! S&F keep up the good work..peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join