It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My heart and soul is in this album I recently finished. It'd be so awesome if you could take a lis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
How do you edit posts? I wanted to add links to all my other sites too.

www.youtube.com...
www.soundcloud.com...
alexfamousmusic.tumblr.com...
www.twitter.com...
www.reverbnation.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Thank you! The goal of my album was really to be as diverse as possible and anyone who would listen to it would like at least one song.

I'm glad you like the live one. It was written for a friend.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thegrayone

I've been told that recently! And I'm glad because John Legend is definitely one of my favorite artists. Lots of passion in his music.. in a sexual kind of way.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Wow!!!! Awesome!!!! Just subscribed to your youtube channel. I go by Tylorian there.
You have the talent to make it! Good luck in your musical endeavors!

[pic]ma50c8eaf2.gif[/p

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

Hey man and thanks for the chance to review your album. I like every type of music style there is except for modern pop, that's not music 90% of the time. Here is my two pence:

It's been along time since I've been at music college but i can tell you've used a fair amount of post production on most of these tracks. I was at fist a little disappointed as I'm a fan of raw material that you can 'feel', you hear me? But then i got to:

Porcelain - awesome, very nice track. I was touched by your voice, i could 'feel' what you were trying to portray, some nice chemistry going on there.

Something Better - I got up to 0:45 and was thinking 'yeah perfect, this has style, beat, rymthem and the tone is just superb but then, shock! All this unnecessary noise came from nowhere. I'm sorry but i had to stop before i took a disliking to it. Overall i like it though.

Honest - Again another nice track.. All of the above in it but it also got soul.. Now soul is the name of the game but that's up to the individual to decide. Loved it up until 0:59 and then again noise, noise everywhere.. Were do i listen i don't know, i'm confused

In conclusion

I can tell there has been alot of work put into this and im sorry i don't have more time to review each track as i would love to. You've got style, heart, soul and a little twist of something to modern for me but hey people today like that right, who am i to judge?

I 'feel' that your voice is so good it deserves less noise and more attention. I think you'd do some great acoustic tracks.

I got to say although certain styles you use are a little 'off' to me at least over all i love the diversity of the album. Great work
. Cheers

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

quite,lol.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ptenjakin
reply to post by OuttaHere

I really love singing live. I respect artists who can carry themselves on a live performance so much. One of these days I'll get a live recording of an open mic gig and put it up!

Thanks!!

I live in the SD area so you could PM me where your gig is at.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Im going to be honest, that is the worst album cover/album name I have ever seen in my entire life. Also you've got a great voice but the actual music is terrible, try to find someone to make beats for you and you could be going somewhere. Just my opinion

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm a bit of an audiophile, and honestly, I was pleasantly surprised. Not that it's worth a damn, but here's my "review" of your whole album.

Good job, the Dance theme is really hitting overall now, but you spin it a little different and I liked it. has a Calvin Harris feel over all.

1. Kamikaze Love - Really like this one, probably my favorite. Think you should consider tossing a couple of them on iTunes, that one is probably worth a $0.99 buy I think.

2. Ghost - Chicks would like the 2nd track - well, teen to mid-20 chicks. Good theme and sound.

3. Sykological Strangle - meh... it's ok. LOL, not bad, but probably a skip for me.

4. Always Be This Easy - Very Owl City meets Usher maybe? Clean and crisp, I could see some DJ's getting ahold of this one and mixing like crazy. I'd get the voice only rip ready to distribute.

5. Know You Need It - Decent, maybe a little repetitive, but a good listen.

6 Porcelain - This one felt personal, like you wrote about someone specific, and it wasn't all great memories. Thanks for opening up.

7. Outta Luck - Again, good dance theme, could hear this getting mixed a lot. Good song on its own, just could hear the first part as a hook used in a David Guetta mix or something. I do like how it hits hard after the intro.

8. Fighting For You - Meh, it's ok. LOL, I think this one is what they call "indulgent"... ?

9. Honest - Nice mix up, sounds like you're giving homage to your home town. Can tell you've been influenced by some of those clubs south of you eh?

10. Thank You - The Frey meets Fun. with some Luminaries - not bad, different. I get bored with songs like this, but most don't.

11. Something Better - mmm, a little bubble gum for me, but this was the one auto-playing when I hit your link, and it was good enough to make me actually press play on the rest of the album.

--------------------

Also,that second one sounds like something I'd hear in a TV show during one of those "intense" moments that then goes viral and pretty soon the stupid radio ruins it.

Thanks a lot for sharing, I downloaded a few of those and will put them into my mix. I donated a bit too.

edit on 29-1-2013 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hey just letting you know I just made an account just to say this music is amazing! I love it and keep up the good work!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Awesome! Message me! What part of SD?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by random178

Haha I'm sad you didnt enjoy it but hey, somethings aren't for everyone. I'm glad you took the time to listen through it despite the outcome though man. Thank you.

The album title is a little joke
with a few meanings. but I like the cover hahaha so I guess it's just to my tastes

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Your review was worth many damns! Thanks for taking the time to listen through my album man...And then even spending the time to give me feedback on every single song.

That's so awesome and You have no idea how much i appreciate the support. Thank you so much!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SublimedSlayer

Wow! Thanks man! I'm definitely pursuing this hard so hopefully you'll be hearing of me in the near future

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think you're a cutie, kind of remind me of my son a little. The voice is great, but the music is not my usual genre. Still, while It's not my style I can tell you put a lot of work into this. You deserve recognition, trust me I've heard some horrible albums and this is great! Always Be This Easy is my favorite. I hope you succeed in your adventures! Good luck to you!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Its pretty good. I listened through the first track skimmed through the rest. I will listen to the whole thing tonight. If one of your songs pops into my mind during the day after i listen to it, ill buy your album.

good work

edit on 29-1-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Sounds like a deal!! Thanks for listening man!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Violetshy

Aww! Thank you so much! I will need all the luck I can get

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
nicely produced, good vocals. best of luck to you!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
By the way, what audio software did you use?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join