It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gods of The Bible: Elohim (Genesis 1) and Yahweh (Genesis 2). Genesis 1 agrees with evolution, but n

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Arpgme wrote:

A (א) - Symbol of "the ox head". Also meaning "Power", "Strength", or "First/Leader"
L (ל) - Symbol of "the sheperd staff". Also meaning "Yoke", "Bind", "Toward", "Teach/Lead"

AL/EL (אל) - Would mean something like "Strong Leader", "Strong Authority", or "Bull Leader (A leader who is a bull)". It was also the generic term for a "god". "THE" bull god had to be distinguished as ba'el (Father of The Gods)".
Elyon - Above or Supreme. It can be used as a title for a god meaning "Most High".

עליון Elyon means "high", or "tall". Have you considered the English transliteration, "Orion"? Known as "the Mountain Dweller"; "the Heavenly Shepherd"; "the Messenger to the gods".

Orion is said to have been killed by the kiss of the Scorpion, the agent of Gaia. Consider the connection to the kiss of Judas. Hesiod states that Orion is the son of Poseidon/Neptune, able to walk on water.

He is called כְּסִיל "Kesil" by the Hebrews/Jews, meaning "the Fool" root כָּסַל "Kasal". Also "Macak" מסך"Hanged One" as in "Macaque Monkey".

In Gematria the name Kesil totals 120 and is associated with, "water"; "hanging", "king", "sin" and "mercy".
He is the resurrected Hanged Man of the Tarot, the 12th trump. Orion is associated with the Passion of Christ on the cross, as well as with Odin on the world tree Yggdrasil. Like Odin, Orion has two dogs, Canis Major and Canis Minor aiding Orion in the pursuit of Taurus the Bull (Yahweh?) as he targets Aldebaran, the Bull's Eye.

Orion's gematria value 120 as "Kesil" corresponds with the Greek word, "μοι" ("me") of the New Testament verse Matthew 2:8:

"And he sent them to Bethlehem and said, "Go and search carefully for the Child; and when you have found Him, report to me (μοι), so that I too may come and worship Him."

עליון "Arwen"/"Orion's is 156 in gematria and is strongly associated with the Greek words "ανδρα" and "ανερ", both meaning, "man" or "husband". Who, if not Jesus, is known as, "the Son of Man" and "the bridegroom"?
The NT biblical verse using the 156 value is Matthew 1:16:

"And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ."

Orion was known to the Akkadians as "Uru-Anna", meaning, "the Light of Heaven". In Arabic, "the Central One".
In Greek mythology, Orion is said to be consort to Ἕως, Éōs, the "dawn".

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." (Rev 22:16)

"And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts." (2Peter 1:19)
"καὶ ἔχομεν βεβαιότερον τὸν προφητικὸν λόγον ᾧ καλῶς ποιεῖτε προσέχοντες ὡς λύχνῳ φαίνοντι ἐν αὐχμηρῷ τόπῳ ἕως οὗ ἡμέρα διαυγάσῃ καὶ φωσφόρος ἀνατείλῃ ἐν ταῖς καρδίαις ὑμῶν." (2Peter 1:19)

λύχνῳ = Luchno(s) "light"/"lamp" Root of "Lucifer" "Light-bringer".

Yahweh's nemesis: "How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning , son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations!" (Isa 14:12) ἑωσφόρος (heōsphoros) a name, literally "bringer of dawn", i.e. the morning star.

Clearly, the "Satan" of the New Testament is not Yahweh's OT rival, "Lucifer", but is rather "Yahweh" himself. This is unmistakably demonstrated in Jesus' pairing of Revelation 13:16 with Exodus 13:16, proven by the study of gematria and further evinced through careful and comprehensive readings of scripture.

"In whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving
so that they might not see the light. God is light." (2Cor 4:4, 1John 1:5)

ὁ θεὸς φῶς ἐστιν = God is light "light" = φῶς (phos/heos) Lucifer is Phosphorus/Heosphorus
edit on 28-1-2013 by Aesir26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aesir26

Elyon as "Orion", that is interesting but should the "l" be an "r" then?

Jesus is Lucifer, I agree. In Revelations 22, Jesus calls himself "The Morning Star - Lucifer". They edited out the word "Lucifer" but they left the name "The Morning Star" in which is still an alternative name for "Lucifer".

Yahweh is darkness, that is why he says he creates light and chaos (disruption of light - by darkness). The rebellious spirit of Lucifer may have in fact been Jesus!

Yahweh said "Love your neighbor and hate your enemy".

Jesus said "Love your neighbor and love your enemy".

Yahweh said "Eye for Eye, Tooth for Tooth (Revenge is OK)".

Jesus said "Bless those who curse you and turn the other cheek (Forgiveness)".

In The New Testament , the teaching was that "God IS Light" and "God IS Love", but the old testament says god is "Jealous, Wrathful, Angry" and that he was in "darkness" and he began to "create" light.

But Both, Yahweh (of darkness) and Jesus (the one called "the light"), are they "THE" creator god of heaven and Earth which was labelled as "The mighty one (Elohim)"?

Yahweh and Jesus BOTH believe in original sin, even though THE creator in Genesis 1 said that ALL fruit bearing trees were for man to eat. They are BOTH contradicting the "Heaven and Earth"'s Creator's words.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Concerning the Elohim's lack of restrictions about eating the fruit of the garden, in Norse mythology, it is told that Iðunn (Eden) freely gave out golden apples to the gods keeping them eternally young...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

So you are in agreement that Christianity is largely barking up the wrong tree, and perhaps even yourself needs to look elsewhere for answers.

Less riddles occur once you perceive higher dimensions, in fact all of the Bible is easy to throw out as well as all of the other texts...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Jesus said, "If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father" meaning that the Father (God) and Jesus are the same.

All of these different names like Elohim and Yahweh are different names given to God, Himself.

Names of God, or Holy Names, describe a form of addressing God present in liturgy or prayer of various world religions.[1] Prayer involving the Holy Name or the Name of God has become a part of both Western and Eastern spiritual practices. A number of traditions have lists of many names of God, many of which enumerate the various qualities of the Supreme Being.

The English word "God" is used by multiple religions as a noun or name to refer to different deities.

Ancient cognate equivalents for the word "God" include proto-Semitic el, Hebrew elohim (God or/of gods), Arabic 'ilah (a or the God), and Biblical Aramaic 'Elaha (God). The personal or proper name for God in many of these languages may either be distinguished from such attributes, or homonymic. For example, in Judaism the Holy Name is sometimes related to the ancient Hebrew ehyeh (I will be). In Hinduism the term Brahman or Parabrahman is often used or it is also symbolized by the word Om (pronounced 'Oum'), while, in other cases, the proper name for a deity is given special significance as a true name of God or incorporated from earlier beliefs, as in the case of the Native American appellation Gitche Manitou.

Correlation between various theories and interpretation of the Name of God, used to signify a monotheistic or ultimate Supreme Being from which all other divine attributes derive, has been a subject of ecumenical discourse between Eastern and Western scholars for over two centuries. In Christian theology the word must be a personal and a proper name of God; hence it cannot be dismissed as mere metaphor. On the other hand, the names of God in a different tradition are sometimes referred to by symbols. The question whether divine names used by different religions are equivalent has been raised and analyzed. See also Taboos below.

Exchange of names held sacred between different religious traditions is typically limited. Other elements of religious practice may be shared, especially when communities of different faiths are living in close proximity (for example, the use of Om and Gayatri within the Indian Christian community) but usage of the names themselves mostly remain within the domain of a particular religion, or even may help define one's religious belief according to practice, as in the case of the recitation of names of God (such as the japa). The Divine Names, the classic treatise by Pseudo-Dionysius, defines the scope of traditional understandings in Western traditions such as Hellenic, Christian, Jewish and Islamic theology on the nature and significance of the names of God. Further historical lists such as The 72 Names of the Lord show parallels in the history and interpretation of the Name of God amongst Kabbalah, Christianity, and Hebrew scholarship in various parts of the Mediterranean world.

One definition of the Name of God was given by Elisha Mulford as "that name which passes into the common forms of thought". The author states that in its derivation, it may have an ethical significance.[10] Other writers suggest that the "name of God represents the nature of God". The attitude as to the transmission of the Name in many cultures was surrounded by secrecy. In Judaism, the pronunciation of the Name of God has always been guarded with great care. It is believed that, in ancient times, the sages communicated the pronunciation only once every seven years; this system was challenged by more recent movements.

ccording to the Bible, the name of God was used during the lifetime of Adam and Eve, but by the time Moses was born, the scriptures imply that none of mankind still knew the name. In the Book of Exodus, God commands Moses to tell the people that 'I AM' sent him, and this is revered as one of the most important names of God according to Mosaic tradition.

Then Moses said to God, "If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' what shall I say to them?" God said to Moses, "I AM who I AM." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel, YHWH (possibly "the One who is, was and will be"(and a 3rd person form of "I Am"i.e. "the One Who (Eternally) Is")) has sent me to you.'" God also said to Moses, "Say this to the people of Israel, 'I Am, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you': this is my name for ever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

edit on 28-1-2013 by tonytrout1976 because: Missed some letters

edit on 28-1-2013 by tonytrout1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You are basing this off rules of the language you speak. It is a very interesting thread, but how do you come to the conclusions they follow the same rules of verbs and nouns and such in their native tongue? Not bashing. Just truly curious.

Unless you have a credited translator your getting your info from.
edit on 28-1-2013 by RightlyCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RightlyCurious

Can you give me an example of how I am just basiing this off of language rules I speak?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The Bible is the higher axiom.

Originally posted by ParasuvO
reply to post by EnochWasRight

So you are in agreement that Christianity is largely barking up the wrong tree, and perhaps even yourself needs to look elsewhere for answers.

Less riddles occur once you perceive higher dimensions, in fact all of the Bible is easy to throw out as well as all of the other texts...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Sorry. I was honestly asking. How do you know plural verbs make a noun singular? Don't take it as an attack. I was just wondering where you came up with that logic? I enjoyed reading what you wrote. Was curious as to how you came to since this is plural that is singular and so on.

Eta: Do you not have an answer since you were defensive and didn't provide an explanation. I'm here to learn and discover not argue. So take a step back and calm down.
edit on 28-1-2013 by RightlyCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Jesus is Lucifer, I agree. In Revelations 22, Jesus calls himself "The Morning Star - Lucifer". They edited out the word "Lucifer" but they left the name "The Morning Star" in which is still an alternative name for "Lucifer".

Jesus is not Lucifer. Jesus in the Morning Star and Lucifer is the son of the Morning Star. Jesus created Lucifer.

Colossians 1:16

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Yahweh is darkness, that is why he says he creates light and chaos (disruption of light - by darkness). The rebellious spirit of Lucifer may have in fact been Jesus!

No, Lucifer is Satan. Yahweh is Jesus.

In The New Testament , the teaching was that "God IS Light" and "God IS Love", but the old testament says god is "Jealous, Wrathful, Angry" and that he was in "darkness" and he began to "create" light.

Yahweh wasn't IN darkness. Yahweh is light, but created darkness. The only thing that was IN darkness before Yahweh said, "Let there be light", was the earth before it was formed.

Just like God created light and dark, he created man in his own image. You saw the wrathful side of him in the Old Testament and the peaceful and loving side of him in the New Testament.

But Both, Yahweh (of darkness) and Jesus (the one called "the light"), are they "THE" creator god of heaven and Earth which was labelled as "The mighty one (Elohim)"?

Take out "(of darkness)" and you have it right. Elohim is both singular and plural, just like God.

1 John 5:7

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father (God/Yahweh), the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Yahweh and Jesus BOTH believe in original sin, even though THE creator in Genesis 1 said that ALL fruit bearing trees were for man to eat. They are BOTH contradicting the "Heaven and Earth"'s Creator's words.

Go back and read Genesis 1 & 2 again. Genesis 1 is an account of everything that was created. Genesis 2 is a more detailed account of that creation.

As for your original post stating that there was a contradiction between animals being "brought forth" by water and then Genesis 2 stating that they were made from the ground...

2 Peter 3:5

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

edit on 29-1-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Great thread.

I am excited to see more breakdowns of the biblical passages.

So Yawheh is a like the manager, Jesus was the HR department, and EL was the company creator and owner. Lucifer/Satan the secret shopper?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Deetermined wrote: "Jesus is not Lucifer. Jesus is the Morning Star and Lucifer is the son of the Morning Star. Jesus created Lucifer."

Why are you determined to be so perverse? What is actually written is that Lucifer is "the Morning Star", or "the Light-Bringer", SON OF THE DAWN, not "son of the morning star". Here is the biblical verse Isaiah 14:12 with parallel translations:

1) New American Standard Bible: "How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations!"

2) King James Bible: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

3) Hebrew: איך נפלת משמים הילל בן־שחר נגדעת לארץ חולש על־גוים׃ "How have fallen heaven star son of the dawn have been cut to the earth have weakened and the nations". (Who incarnated/crystallized here on Earth?)

הילל בן־שחר Helel ben Shachar "Star/Shining One, son of the Dawn"
Lucifer: Latin "lux" (genitive lucis) "light" (see light (n.)) + "ferre" "carry"
ἑωσφόρος: Greek "bringer of dawn" (as opposed to the bringer of darkness, Yahweh)

2Peter 1:19 uses both terms "dawn" and "morning star" in the same verse to reference whom? Satan? Hardly.
He speaks of Jesus: " a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts." (2Peter 1:19)

The New Testament unfailingly describes the Heavenly Father in terms of "God is light" and it teaches us to "walk in the light of Christ". Never is Jesus associated with "the darkness of Christ", or "the furious wrath of Jesus".

Deetermined wrote: "Yahweh wasn't IN darkness. Yahweh is light."

Really?? Are we reading the same bible?

"Woe unto you that desire the day of Yahweh! to what end is it for you? the day of Yahweh is darkness, and not light." (Amos 5:18)

"Give glory to Yahweh your God, Before He brings darkness And before your feet stumble On the dusky mountains, And while you are hoping for light He makes it into deep darkness, And turns it into gloom."
(Jer 13:16)

"The sun will be turned into darkness And the moon into blood Before the great and awesome day of Yahweh comes." (Joel 2:31)

""All the shining lights in the heavens I will darken over you And will set darkness on your land," Declares Yahweh." (Eze 32:8)

"I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden wealth of secret places, So that you may know that it is I, Yahweh, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name." (Isa 45:3)

"Then said Solomon, Yahweh hath said that he would dwell in the thick darkness." (2Chr 6:1)

edit on 29-1-2013 by Aesir26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Aesir26

Compare Genesis 1:1-2 with Revelation 20:1-3 and Jude 1:6

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters." (Gen 1:1-2)

"Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he threw him into the abyss." (Rev 20:1-3)

"And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day" (Jude 1:6)

The terms "the surface of the deep" and "the surface of the waters" used in Genesis is "the abyss", "ἄβυσσος" of Revelation, a term described by Strong's Concordance as "unfathomable watery depths". You see, Yahweh had already been cast out of the light into the dark abyss."

Yahweh is the Christian Satan.
Lucifer is Jesus.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aesir26
reply to post by Deetermined

Deetermined wrote: "Jesus is not Lucifer. Jesus is the Morning Star and Lucifer is the son of the Morning Star. Jesus created Lucifer."

Why are you determined to be so perverse? What is actually written is that Lucifer is "the Morning Star", or "the Light-Bringer", SON OF THE DAWN, not "son of the morning star". Here is the biblical verse Isaiah 14:12 with parallel translations:

1) New American Standard Bible: "How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations!"

2) King James Bible: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

3) Hebrew: איך נפלת משמים הילל בן־שחר נגדעת לארץ חולש על־גוים׃ "How have fallen heaven star son of the dawn have been cut to the earth have weakened and the nations". (Who incarnated/crystallized here on Earth?)

הילל בן־שחר Helel ben Shachar "Star/Shining One, son of the Dawn"
Lucifer: Latin "lux" (genitive lucis) "light" (see light (n.)) + "ferre" "carry"
ἑωσφόρος: Greek "bringer of dawn" (as opposed to the bringer of darkness, Yahweh)

2Peter 1:19 uses both terms "dawn" and "morning star" in the same verse to reference whom? Satan? Hardly.

Somehow you keep missing the word "son" in all of those verses. Lucifer was the "son of the Morning" and the "son of Dawn".

Jesus was the Morning Star and the Dawn and Lucifer was his "son" (creation).

The New Testament unfailingly describes the Heavenly Father in terms of "God is light" and it teaches us to "walk in the light of Christ". Never is Jesus associated with "the darkness of Christ", or "the furious wrath of Jesus".

God/Yahweh/Jesus created darkness, that doesn't mean that he wasn't still the light. Light created darkness.

Deetermined wrote: "Yahweh wasn't IN darkness. Yahweh is light."

Really?? Are we reading the same bible?

God/Yahweh/Jesus all represents the light.

"Woe unto you that desire the day of Yahweh! to what end is it for you? the day of Yahweh is darkness, and not light." (Amos 5:18)

"Give glory to Yahweh your God, Before He brings darkness And before your feet stumble On the dusky mountains, And while you are hoping for light He makes it into deep darkness, And turns it into gloom."
(Jer 13:16)

"The sun will be turned into darkness And the moon into blood Before the great and awesome day of Yahweh comes." (Joel 2:31)

""All the shining lights in the heavens I will darken over you And will set darkness on your land," Declares Yahweh." (Eze 32:8)

"I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden wealth of secret places, So that you may know that it is I, Yahweh, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name." (Isa 45:3)

"Then said Solomon, Yahweh hath said that he would dwell in the thick darkness." (2Chr 6:1)

God/Yahweh/Jesus control darkness because they created it, that doesn't mean that they are the darkness. Satan is darkness and God controls what Satan is allowed or not allowed to do.

God will allow darkness to take over the world (only to a limited extent) until he reveals himself to the world.

Without allowing the darkness, people wouldn't recognize the light. You have to experience one in order to understand and appreciate the other. That was God's plan all along.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aesir26
reply to post by Aesir26

Compare Genesis 1:1-2 with Revelation 20:1-3 and Jude 1:6

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters." (Gen 1:1-2)

"Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he threw him into the abyss." (Rev 20:1-3)

"And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day" (Jude 1:6)

The terms "the surface of the deep" and "the surface of the waters" used in Genesis is "the abyss", "ἄβυσσος" of Revelation, a term described by Strong's Concordance as "unfathomable watery depths". You see, Yahweh had already been cast out of the light into the dark abyss."

Yahweh is the Christian Satan.
Lucifer is Jesus.

Lucifer/Satan was cast out of the light into the dark abyss.

God/Yahweh/Jesus holds the key to the abyss and is the one who bound Lucifer/Satan there.

Ezekiel 28:12-16 (Lucifer/Satan)

12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Revelation 1:18 (Jesus)

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join