It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gods of The Bible: Elohim (Genesis 1) and Yahweh (Genesis 2). Genesis 1 agrees with evolution, but n

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Al / El

A (א) - Symbol of "the ox head". Also meaning "Power", "Strength", or "First/Leader"

L (ל) - Symbol of "the sheperd staff". Also meaning "Yoke", "Bind", "Toward", "Teach/Lead"

AL/EL (אל) - Would mean something like "Strong Leader", "Strong Authority", or "Bull Leader (A leader who is a bull)". It was also the generic term for a "god". "THE" bull god had to be distinguished as ba'el (Father of The Gods)".

Elyon - Above or Supreme. It can be used as a title for a god meaning "Most High".

Elohim (Could be plural or a form of an adjective) means "The mighty (one or ones)".

Some say that "Elohim" in Genesis 1 refers to more than one god but I disagree because the bible used the verb "bara" which means "he made" or in this case "god made". It is a singular verb.

"Elohim bara shamayim ev erets" - God made [bara - singular verb] the heavens and the earth.

So "Elohim" is being used as an adjective noun "The Mighty One".

Notice how Genesis 1 to Genesis 2:3 , it talks about the creation and Elohim resting on the 7th day and through all creation was saying "it was good". Elohim made mankind - MALE and FEMALE (together as opposed to the female being genetically engineered from the males rib). Many was free to eat of EVERY fruit bearing tree (NO EXCEPTIONS!).

But then in Genesis 2:4 - "Yahweh/Jehovah/YHVH" is introduced and then "Elohim (The mighty)" becomes an adjective for "Yahweh". "Yahweh-Elohim", "The Mighty Yahweh" becomes translated as "The LORD God". Yahweh WALKS in the garden and he also tells the man and women that what was said in Genesis1-2:3 was not true, that there was a tree that they WEREN'T supposed to eat from even though earlier Elohim said ALL fruit bearing trees were given to them. This is how Yahweh got The Man and Woman to think that they had messed up (Sin).

The Bible admits that "Yahweh" is NOT "THE" Mighty (Elohim) talked about in Genesis1-2:3

Deuteronomy 32:8-9

The Most High (Elyon) gave to the nations separating the sons of man and setting the boundaries of the people according to the number of the sons of Israel. For the portion of Yahweh is his people; Jacob is the allotment of his inheritance.

In other words, The Most High (Elyon) divides up the various nations and allocates a portion to Yahweh.

Here is more Evidence:

Psalms 82:1

A Psalm of Asaph. The Mighty One (Elohim) stands [singular-verb] in the congregation of Divinity (El - God); judging in the midst of The Gods (Elohim).

This was a bit tricky to translate. I knew for a fact that "Elohim" had to be singular in the beginning because the verb is singular. So it must refer to "The Mighty One" of Genesis 1-2:3. The congregation of EL was a bit difficult to translate. On the one hand it could mean "In the congregation of God" but that would not make sense, since "Elohim (The Mighty One)" was refered to as The Creator God of Genesis1-2:3 who created "the heavens and the earth". For judging among the "elohim", I think it was appropriate to translate that part as "Gods" since "judging among" would have to be more than one. Either way - It is NOT "The Lord" (Yahweh).

Here is another interesting one:

Psalm 82:6

I said "You are Gods [Elohim]; and are all sons of The Most High (elyon).

SO IN SUMMARY:

Elohim was NOT a plural when it was talking about the creator of "Heaven and Earth". Elohim was used as an adjective instead so that it can be a title meaning "The Mighty One". How do I know this? Because it is combined with SINGULAR verbs, in Genesis1:2-3. Another title for "Elohim" is "Elyon" meaning "Most High".

El was used to mean "God" or even plural "Gods" such as "Ba'el" (Father of GodS), but sometimes it was just used in the sense of "divinity".

Elohim (The Mighty One) or more specifically Elyon (The Most High) is the Genesis1:2-3 creator of "heaven and earth" which created mankind (Male AND Female - together) and gave "ALL" fruit bearing trees to man. Yahweh (The Lord) or Yahweh-Elohim (The Mighty Lord) is NOT Elohim /Elyon (The Mighty One - The Most High). Yahweh was introduced in Genesis2:4 and claimed to have genetically engineered woman from mans' rib and that there was a tree that the were NOT supposed to eat from even though "The Most High" said in the beginning that he gave ALL fruit bearing trees to them. The rest of the bible is MOSTLY about Yahweh , and even in some verses like Deuteronomy 32:8-9 it talks about how Elohim/Elyon (The Mighty One, The Most High) gave SOME power over to Yahweh (and therefore Jesus).

Even the creation stories are in contradiction:

Genesis 1:25-27, Humans were created after the other animals. (Elohim/Elyon) [Agrees with Evolution]

Genesis 2:19-19, Humans were created before the other animals. (Yahweh)

Genesis 1:20-21, God made the moving creatures of life and fowl from the water (Elohim/Elyon) [Agrees with Evolution]

Genesis 2:19, God made every beast and fowl from the ground (Yahweh)

Genesis 1:11, God brought forth vegetation of every kind (Elohim / Elyon) [Agrees with Evolution]

Genesis 2:8-9, God brought forth vegetation specifcally from a garden in the east of Eden

Genesis 1:27, God created man and woman (Elohim / Elyon) [Agrees with Evolution]

Genesis 2:18-22, God created man, then animals, then woman from man's rib...

What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Well, since you asked.

It all means nothing lol. So they changed the name of their 'God' to suit the times, none of them got it right, and we still don't know what is really going on in the universe.

What happened to El Shaddai? How does El Shaddai fit into this picture?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
What are your thoughts on this?

My thoughts are that if Genesis says "let us create man in our image", then the context that should be used is Elohim the plural since the rest of the words are plural.

"The gods said 'let us create man in our image'." sounds much better and makes more sense than a singular "god" speaking those words. Of course, a singular "god" could've been speaking to his angels.

Either way, more than one entity was involved in our creation.

edit on 27-1-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
My thoughts are that if Genesis says "let us create man in our image", then the context that should be used is Elohim the plural since the rest of the words are plural.

"The gods said 'let us create man in our image'." sounds much better and makes more sense than a singular "god" speaking those words.

This is incorrect and I can prove it. The bible says "wayomer elohim (Elohim/God said)". This is NOT a plural verb, but singular. It actually is used in the sense of "he said (wayomer)" but NOT as a plural (more than one person). So "Elohim" was one entity who was saying "let US create man in OUR image". Who is "us" there is no definite answer just speculation, but "wayomer" definitely shows that it is a SINGULAR action being done (One being saying something).

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You should quit translating as you do not understand the meaning of words.

elohiym can mean
1) (plural)
a) rulers, judges
b) divine ones
c) angels
d) gods

2) (plural intensive - singular meaning)
a) god, goddess
b) godlike one
c) works or special possessions of God
d) the (true) God
e) God

Also, you say this ...

Some say that "Elohim" in Genesis 1 refers to more than one god but I disagree because the bible used the verb "bara" which means "he made" or in this case "god made". It is a singular verb.

Incorrect. The word used is asah.

elohiym amar asah adam

Then God said, "Let us make man

edit on 27-1-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Doesn't matter if there's 40 gods in the bible with conflicting views, means nothing.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

That is your assumption.
Tell me exactly where is my error?

aleph is a symbol of the ox head also means first, leader, or power.
lamed is a symbol of the shepard staff also meaning yoke, bind, teach (lead).

al /el (strong authority)
im can be used as an adjective title
elohim (the strong/mighty one)

al was used as a generic term for god or gods once, as you can see in the name of the canaanite god ba'el which means "Father of the gods" (they were polytheist).
edit on 27-1-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Very good work, but there is no contradiction. Think of the Gnostic ALL as the Field of quantum mechanics. John 1 reveals that WORD is used to create. Here is where your paradox is resolved. Genesis 1 is the creation of the archetypes in the Word as images. Genesis 2 is the rendering of the image into particle from wave and archetype. Hebrew tradition would call the first image paradise and the second is a copy for raising children to the first.

There are further clues in the Virgin of the World document. Source Doc

"Celestial order reigns over terrestrial order, as being absolutely determined, and inaccessible to the idea of death. Wherefore, the things below lament, being filled with fear before the marvellous beauty and eternal permanence of the heavenly world. For, indeed, a spectacle worthy of contemplation and desire were these magnificences of heaven, revelations of the God as yet unknown, and this sumptuous majesty of night illumined with a penetrating radiance, albeit less than that of the sun, and all these other mysteries which move above in harmonious cadence, ruling and maintaining the things below by secret influences. And so long as the Universal Architect refrained from putting an end to this incessant fear, to these anxious investigations, ignorance enveloped the universe. But when He judged good to reveal Himself to the world, He breathed into the Gods the enthusiasm of love, and poured into their mind the splendour which His bosom contained, that they might first be inspired with the will to seek, next with the desire to find, and lastly with the power to readjust."

-------------Another Passage

"And Nature, O my Son, was barren until the hour in which those who are
ordained to survey the heavens, advancing towards God, the King of all things,
deplored the general inertia, and affirmed the necessity of setting forth the universe. No
other than Himself could accomplish this work."

At these words, the God smiled benignant, and commanded Nature to exist.
And, issuing with His voice, the FEMININE came forth in her perfect beauty. The Gods
with amaze beheld this marvel. And the great Ancestor, pouring out for Nature an elixir,
commanded her to be fruitful; and forthwith, penetrating the universe with His glance,
He cried, "Let heaven be the plenitude of all things, and of the air, and of the ether."
God spake, and it was done. But Nature, communing with herself, understood that she
might not transgress the commandment of the Father, and, uniting herself to Labour,
she produced a most beautiful daughter, whom she called Invention, and to whom God
accorded being. And having differentiated created forms, He filled (p. 5)
them with mysteries, and gave the command of them to Invention.

---------The command to the newly formed Children was to stay put.

"Then, having summoned to these splendid regions of ether the souls of every
grade, He said to them: "O souls, beautiful children of my breath and of my care, you
whom I have produced with my hands, in order to consecrate you to my universe, hear
my words as a law: – Quit not the place assigned to you by my will. The abode which
awaits you is heaven, with its galaxy of stars and its thrones of virtue. If you attempt
any transgression against my decree, I swear by my sacred breath, by that elixir of
which I formed you, and by my creative hands, that I will speedily forge for you chains
and cast you into punishment."

---------From Enoch One, Jude 1 and Genesis 6, we find the truth about what happened. The Watchers assigned to care for the newly created universe decided to disobey God. Much like mankind, there was only one rule.

"Having thus spoken, God, my Master, mingled together the rest of the congenial
elements, earth and water, and pronouncing certain powerful and mystic words – albeit
different from the first – He breathed into the liquid protoplasm motion and life,
rendered it thicker and more plastic, and formed of it living beings of human shape.
That which remained He gave to the loftiest souls inhabiting the region of the Gods..."

----We see what they did from this verse:

"Forthwith, O my Son, proud of their work, they were not afraid to transgress the
Divine law, and, in spite of the prohibition, they receded from their appointed limits. Not
willing to remain longer in the same abode, they moved ceaselessly, and repose
seemed to them death. "

I came to these conclusions recently. You are correct in showing the nature of powers and principalities that we have little reference to from antiquity. The Hermetic texts reveal large parts of the story. The best translation of the Corpus Hermeticum is found in the book, The Way of Hermes.

And my favorite part is this: "For, indeed, a spectacle worthy of contemplation and desire were these magnificences of heaven, revelations of the God as yet unknown..."

Compare this to Luke:

Luke 10:22, "All things are delivered (revealed) to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the son, and he to whom the son will reveal him."

We have not be formally introduced yet. The Son and Father are yet unknown and we all wait.

My Thread on the Subject
edit on 27-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

That is your assumption.
Tell me exactly where is my error?

No, that is what the word means. That is your error.

Psa 8:5 It means Angels.
Exd 21:6 It means Judges (plural)
John 3:3 It means Exceeding

I can go on.

Also as I showed bara is not used, which you lied and said it was. asah is the word used as I demonstrated.
edit on 27-1-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Actually, I am correct because I was referring to Elohim the creator in Genesis 1:1. It says bara (SINGULAR).

Elohim bara shamayim ev eretz.

Elohim created [one being doing it] the heavens and the earth.

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

That's the way the word was TRANSLATED into English, but the word used is "EL" meaning "God".

reply to post by EnochWasRight

Salvation is a lie. Elohim the creator of "Heaven and Earth" as spoken of in Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 verse 3 says that ALL fruit bearing trees were given to man to eat - ALL. In Genesis 2:4 Yahweh enters the picture and he says that there was a fruit bearing tree that was NOT given to man to eat, contradicting Elohim what the creator said in Genesis 1.

Yahweh the liar and deceiver came along and said that it was a sin to eat the fruit and guilted/tricked them into believing that they had the original sin...
edit on 27-1-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Salvation is a lie. Elohim the creator of "Heaven and Earth" as spoken of in Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 verse 3 says that ALL fruit bearing trees were given to man to eat - ALL. In Genesis 2:4 Yahweh enters the picture and he says that there was a fruit bearing tree that was NOT given to man to eat, contradicting Elohim what the creator said in Genesis 1.

Yahweh the liar and deceiver came along and said that it was a sin to eat the fruit and guilted/tricked them into believing that they had the original sin...

There is no paradox. You are working from a lower set of axioms and the higher axiom above unifies these inconsistencies. In Genesis 2, we know God said it was good and then he rested. At this point, we see YHVH take over. When Jesus said, "I and the Father are One," this single statement unifies the paradox. To know, you need to have an understanding of Adam Kadmon and what this verse below means.

Collosians 1

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

You may have glossed over the verses listed in the last post. Go back and read them. The Sons of God, mentioned as the ones who fell in Genesis 6 and Jude 1, denote the same Archons set over each galaxy and star. They were to reside in their own domain. What did they do? They moved about. Enoch One records them corrupting mankind.

As you say, there is more to this story. Don't bet for a second that God didn't know what would happen. How do we know?

Genesis 3

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

There are many roots to symbolism that are already known from the symbolism in the Bible. One that may have slipped your attention is the 'heel' that will strike the head of Satan. As I bounce back and forth between the beginning and the end, the mystery should reveal itself by simply asking a few questions.

1 Corinthians 10

14 Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry. 15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. 16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

Who is the loaf? That's us, the church. We are ONE body, yet many. Who is the heel of the loaf?

1 Corinthians 15

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

After reading the verse above, you now can see who and where the heel resides. When Jesus says, "I and the Father are one," we now know who he is one with? Jesus is Adam, the kinsman that must pay the penalty. Before you cry foul, let me show you more.

Go back to 1 Corinthians 10 above. Why does it say that we are the loaf (Slices in the middle)? For the answer, we go back to Colossians 1

The first Soul is a Son. He is Adam, both sides of the loaf. God knew how he would accomplish this by raising a Son in the wilderness. We are the Sons. We are many.

Don't thing that Jesus and God are one. They are not.

1 Corinthians 15

24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

The prodigal Son returns after being raised. We, who are many, are one loaf. Ultimately, the Hermetic texts would reveal that the entire Cosmos is the Son.

edit on 27-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I'm not sure what Jesus has to do with Yahweh deceiving and trying to control people, can you explain in a more simple way? Elohim said ALL fruit bearing trees was ok for humans to eat. Yahweh said it was a sin and then claimed that they needed salvation (Jesus) afterwards... Yahweh goes against Elohim who created existence (The Heavens and The Earth).

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Nothing to say about El Shaddai? Or Eloah

The Septuagint and other early translations usually translate "El Shaddai" as "God Almighty." However in the Greek of the Septuagint translation of Psalm 91.1, "Shaddai" is translated as "the God of heaven."[2]

"God Almighty" is the translation followed by most modern English translations of the Hebrew scriptures, including the popular New International Version[3] and Good News Bible.

The translation team behind the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) however maintain that the meaning is uncertain, and that translating "El Shaddai" as "Almighty God" is inaccurate. The NJB leaves it untranslated as "Shaddai," and makes footnote suggestions that it should perhaps be understood as "God of the Mountain" from the Accadian "shadu," or "God of the open wastes" from the Hebrew "sadeh" and the secondary meaning of the Accadian word.[2]

Eloah
Live by the word of Eloah (Deut. 8:3; Mat. 4:4; Lk. 4:4).
Explain the Law of Eloah (Neh. 8:7).
Teach the Law of Eloah (Deut. 33:10; Lev.10:11; Ezra 7:10).
Keep or preserve the Law of Eloah (Mal. 2:7; Neh. 18:18).
Judge by the Law of Eloah (Deut. 17:2-13; 21:5).

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. (for those with eyes and ears)
Truth is glaring. (for those who will not see)
Truth is blaring. (for those who will not hear)

Truth is there for those who care...

The god(s) of the bible are the creation of man - translations upon translations upon translations upon...interpretations~

These interpretations have allowed inconsistencies - which explains how the same book is applied as evidence by opposing sides.

Thanks for sharing a new one - In the beginning "all fruit bearing trees were for man"... and then in the not so distant future, ONE tree was excluded as exempt from the eligible edibles!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

I am talking about the god mentioned in Genesis1 to 2 verse 3, the creator of existence (Heaven and Earth) called "Elohim" (The mighty one - a TITLE, and also called the most high - elyon another TITLE).

Yes, I am aware that Yahweh wanted these titles for himself. I am also aware that there are other names in the bible.

But the god that believes that eating a fruit was sin (Yahweh) is going against the creator (Gensis 1-2:3) word the creator said ALL fruit bearing trees were for man to eat.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

I am talking about the god mentioned in Genesis1 to 2 verse 3, the creator of existence (Heaven and Earth) called "Elohim" (The mighty one - a TITLE, and also called the most high - elyon another TITLE).

Yes, I am aware that Yahweh wanted these titles for himself. I am also aware that there are other names in the bible.

But the god that believes that eating a fruit was sin (Yahweh) is going against the creator (Gensis 1-2:3) word the creator said ALL fruit bearing trees were for man to eat.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Actually, I am correct because I was referring to Elohim the creator in Genesis 1:1. It says bara (SINGULAR).

Elohim bara shamayim ev eretz.

Elohim created [one being doing it] the heavens and the earth.

No, all that means is you are putting human limitations on God. One God (singular), different 'parts' (plural). God is both singular and plural.

That's the way the word was TRANSLATED into English, but the word used is "EL" meaning "God".
Tell me what the word means in the verses I gave you.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

No, all that means is you are putting human limitations on God. One God (singular), different 'parts' (plural). God is both singular and plural.

That is your belief. In Genesis 1, the heaven and earth an action was done by a SINGLE entity, not a plural as we can see with the word "bara".

Tell me what the word means in the verses I gave you.

Here you go:

Psalms 8:5
For thou hast made him but little lower than God [me-ELOHIM], And crownest him with glory and honor.

Exodus 21:6
then his master shall bring him unto God [ha-ELOHIM], and shall bring him to the door, or unto the door-post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an awl; and he shall serve him for ever.

John 3:3 was written in GREEK not Hebrew therefore it doesn't use the word "Elohim"

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Well I don't believe in divine origin for these texts to begin with. But it does seem clear to me there are multiple gods in the Bible....and even more clearly when you introduce Gnostic texts.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Elohim is a plural generic title, not a name. YHVH is the proper name.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join