It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New China UFO Blitz?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Respect is earned, and experience is a great teacher -- so maybe folks might be less eager to see wormholes in the sky for every misisle test, or alien scout ships for every ice chip off a thruster nozzle on a space shuttle. How's that working so far?

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Destinyone

I've gotten used to it , when I saw Jim was the OP my first thought was rocket ... we've done this before .
New Russian UFO Video -- Tolyatti, Nov 21

Thank you Gortex. Brings to mind, something my Granny told me as a child. Respect is earned,,,,

Des

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Well then Jim. You could have taken an honest approach here. Instead of sticking a carrot out with the thread title, and the forum you posted it in. You could have given us the opportunity to volunteer to be a participant in your *study*.

Slapping a lab rat costume on me doesn't work, in my book.

Des

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The only real UFO captured on video in china in the last few days imo..

looks a lot different doesn't it ?

Anyone want to call this a missile test ?

Thx Jim for the clarification ... not every light in the sky is a ufo ... only some of them are .

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
The very legitimate 'UFO connection' has to do with previous missile tests of the same type which DID spark widespread UFO reports from northern China, as I described here:

Did missile test spark Chinese UFO reports?
www.msnbc.msn.com...
By James Oberg NBC News space analyst
Special to NBC News
updated 1/15/2010 9:06:54 PM ET

What was important was to get immediate raw eyewitness reports of what they throught they saw, how they interpreted it -- before later learning it was a Chinese missile test, which likely would lead them to edit their perceptions to get 'in line' with official proclamations.

The degree to which witnesses can misperceive and misremember striking sky apparitions is a fundamental issue in ufology, with no 'meeting of minds' over the decades. One side insists witnesses, especially special categories, cannot be so wildly off in their claims; the other side insists they always are so wildly off.

No resolution has been made, nothing beyond endless dialogues of the deaf, each proclaiming their own faith, or doubt, about the reliability of testimony.

MISSILE AND SPACE EVENTS OFFER US, FOR THE FIRST TIME, THE OPPORTUNITY TO CALIBRATE PERCEPTUAL PERFORMANCE AGAINST ACTUAL STIMULI. THEY ARE OPPORTUNISTIC 'CONTROL EXPERIMENTS' ON A GRAND SCALE.

I think there are profoundly important opportunities to establish the actual range of misperception, if ANY, in such events.

This was -- and still is -- one such opportunity.

You have reached an all time low!
So the point of making this thread is to let people know how they can easily be fooled by every day missiles or rockets thinking they're alien crafts?

So NASA-Debunker has turned ATS-Teacher? Is that your gig now?

Here's a news flash: We are not concerned with the identified objects which you seem to be consumed with and.. paid for. We're interested in finding out (conservatively estimating) the 15% of unidentified vehicles in and around our planet as we speak.

So to me and perhaps others, your tactic is very reminiscent of an old parlor or sleight of hands trick. You want us to focus on the mis-identified crafts while there are still hundreds (if not thousands) of unidentified ones flying in our skies. And I am here to tell you it's a very dishonorable disservice (not to mention -- insulting) you're performing for your fellow human being who is here at this time to seek their truth. Not engage in some Rocket-101 cyber lesson.

UFOs have been around and recorded way before we had motorized transportation. I guess you would've been out of a job 100 years ago

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Slapping a lab rat costume on me doesn't work, in my book.
Des

Then i apologize.

And I much prefer the costume you already have on, in your avatar.

Just an esthetic judgment, nothing more intended.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Yes. Respect is earned. Where do you stand with me, right about now, Jim? Do not pass GO, do not collect $200.00. You lost big time in the Respect Game.

Based on the disingenuous nature of this thread from the get go...I think it belongs in the HOAX bin. You were trolling for data from us, with a tantalizing tease....nothing more.

Des

edit on 28-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Vasa Croe

I've reread this thread. At first, it led me to believe, inside info on new flurry of UFO sightings was going to be reported.

I waited patiently, even deleted a post I thought I had made in haste. Now, I see it's just the same info posted previously on another site. That this thread is now maybe morphing into a psychological study on how people perceive, and interpret an event.

I'm confused...someone set me straight, please.....

Des

Perhaps you might have some clarity once you realize the OPs' main function and job!

It's easy to show people their mistakes (like mis-identifying something) but a lot harder to explain something unknown. So they prey on the weak. The easy part. Therefore it's a mind game that showcases the flaw instead of acknowledging the unknown.

People like Mr Oberg repeatedly points out to us 'morons' how easily fooled we can be therefore questioning our judgement. Even J Allen Hynek admitted his 'swamp gas' explanation (the 'weak') was a game being played by the government and he couldn't continue.

This is not to say Mr Oberg is making this up. I'm sure there are rockets being launched. I'm just having a problem as to what that has to do with anything?
So it's still a game. One in which Mr Hynek participated in as well but.....stopped playing with that team after a while. Maybe his conscientious was too heavy!?

So in the year 2013....too many of us are now onto the 'swamp gas' game and it gets very little mileage now.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Explanation: So this was a psyop!

Personal Disclosure: :shk:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
People like Mr Oberg repeatedly points out to us 'morons' how easily fooled we can be therefore questioning our judgement. Even J Allen Hynek admitted his 'swamp gas' explanation (the 'weak') was a game being played by the government and he couldn't continue.

This is not to say Mr Oberg is making this up. I'm sure there are rockets being launched. I'm just having a problem as to what that has to do with anything?
So it's still a game. One in which Mr Hynek participated in as well but.....stopped playing with that team after a while. Maybe his conscientious was too heavy!?

So in the year 2013....too many of us are now onto the 'swamp gas' game and it gets very little mileage now.

HA, you are seeking insult where none was given or intended, and you are falsely attributing quote-marked terms to me that I never used. That makes you part of the problem, not part of the solution.

The central question always remains the degree to which human perception and interpretation and recollection can be distorted. Aside from dogmatic assertions from all sides of the endless, useless, and wasteful debate over this issue, there's no sign of any awareness of the need to develop calibration techniques to obtain measurable parameters.

My attempted contribution to this issue is to propose, and perform, investigations in which the stimulus is irrefutably known -- missile and space events -- and explore the degree to which SOME people will under certain specific conditions fall victim to perceptual inadequacies.

It's stupid to say that these people are 'morons'. People who do so exhibit a serious ignorance of human perception. As even Hynek discovered, actually the more experienced and intelligent witnesses are those most subject to occasional unconscious mis-cuing of existing perceptual experiences, to handle a new and similar raw perception. People 'see' new things on the basis of what they are accustomed by past experience to see.

Sometimes that misleads a person. How often it happens, and what it manifests itself is, is the central and still unsettled question of the entire UFO phenomenon.

For anyone smugly satisfied they already know all they need to about the question, any threat of new evidence is undesirable. Does that describe you, HA?

You can start being helpful by stopping being harmful through misrepresentations and disinformation. Lord knows, the issue deserves it. Our common ground is that there are important things to be understood from figuring this out. If that is not your motive, if your main desire is to assure yourself you are smarter than everybody else, then no, we don't have common ground.

So go play in your sandbox, I'll stay over here with other folks who share my curiosity.

edit on 28-1-2013 by JimOberg because: typos

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13
Thx Jim for the clarification ... not every light in the sky is a ufo ... only some of them are .

Does that REALLY need to be pointed out? (no offense to you R0CR13
)

Evolution has taken over. The naive are now more insightful. We're not members of some remote Amazon tribe who have never witnessed technology before.
My 4 year old grandson instinctively knows not all lights in the sky are UFOs. We don't need someone employed to remind us that anymore.

We get it.
We know that.
We consider it as well. But at the end of each night...somewhere on this planet, something defies common sense (like making 90-degree turns or.....propelling faster than conventional aircraft or disappearing right in front of our eyes).

I think some alien races are aware of our 'evolution' unlike Mr Oberg and are rising the stakes by performing acrobatic feats that instinctively (there's that word again) rule out: satellites, rockets, planes, helicopter, balloons, lanterns, bugs or birds!

Why does it feel like our galactic neighbors give us more credit than terrestrial NASA does?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Then let me just say this Mr Oberg, my intellect finds you very insulting while my senses are busy questioning your intent.

My 'moron' statement was not a quote from you but rather a general insinuation. Notice how I used ' instead of " .

I think this thread would be better served in some technology thread/category because you using the UFO category is very uncomfortable, unwarranted and not to mention unsolicited too.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

So go play in your sandbox, I'll stay over here with other folks who share my curiosity.

I'm curious as to why you were upfront with the missile information on the other forum yet chose this forum to conduct your "research" with a minimal post and an ambiguous title, surely it would make more sense to gather information from multiple sources using the same information .... I find that disingenuous .

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I read about this. They have these set up for training. Bombing runs and all that. If you zoom in you will see trucks and shacks they use for target practice.....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
** Closed - pending review ***

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join