It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine Gun fire from Military Helicopters over Florida

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Will September end?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Odd... the military has rules preventing armed aircraft from flying over any American city...
the reason is obvious, a crash with your racks loaded would mean a lot of dead civvies and their would be bloody hell to pay.

I'm not saying they don't fly armed over the US just not over a city...

Soooooo. what I'm getting from your video is--- someone changed those rules "recently"--- and it's got me wondering what that means?

Yes you could argue they were firing blanks and that's not the same as live ammo, but it shows intent to do so, right?
edit on 27-1-2013 by MajorMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

I'd be like .. That's awesome

But I do love my air craft and military movements

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by Sly1one

Wtf? There are only two reasons I can think they would do this over a populated area.

1. Practice

2. Conditioning

Either one is pretty scary to me.

That sums up the whole thread, couldn't agree more. A STAR for you to add to your collection.

Jus' Sayin'

spez

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't know if they are trying to desensitize people to this or what...and if so why? Its a BIG step to start conducting these exercises over major cities...it takes some brass ones to make that decision and accept all the potential liability behind it...

won't be long before some kind of mishap or accident turns everyone's eye to the "necessity" of this...accidentally loading live rounds instead of blanks...or just a black hawk crash into one of those large buildings. People will start asking how necessary it is to do these training exercises over a mass population...

and since when was the military in need of training for metropolis areas? They plan on invading/defending/patrolling a major city anytime soon?

It looks odd, sounds odd, and feels....odd to me...

The strange thing is in all my years here about 20, I have seen no military until the last couple and we are on the West Coast in the back of nowhere in a small town.

A few months ago military jets dropped what seem to be flares over the city and a few days ago I saw 2 of the big double prop military helicopters. We have seen both groups of military jets circling and several military helicopters at a time in the last year.

So the military presence operating in populated areas inside the country is from coast coast now. I don't think they even drilled that way during world wars.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Listening to the rate of fire from one of the helicopters I would say that it was a .50 cal. I have to wonder where those links and brass are falling.

I know I would be suing if one of those pieces of metal injured me or even damaged my car. (for repairs at least)

It looks as if they were firing over a busy highway at that as well. WTF were these guys thinking?

ETA: I know that they're blanks, but they still eject casings and links.
edit on 27-1-2013 by TDawgRex because: Need more coffee

Such drills would have no need to fire blanks or anything else I would think, very strange.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by Sly1one

The Posse Comitatus Act is the United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) that was passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1981. Its intent (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) was to limit the powers of Federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce the State laws. Contrary to popular belief, the Act does not prohibit members of the United States Armed Forces from exercising Law enforcement agency powers within a State, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order"; it requires that any authority to do so must exist within the United States Constitution or Act of Congress (which it currently does not except under the Insurrection Act).[Federalist 29 (Hamilton, 1788)] Any use of the Armed Forces under either Title 10/Active Duty or Title 10/Reserves at the direction of the President will offend the Constitutional Law also known as Public Law prohibiting such action unless declared by the President of the United States and approved by Congress. Any infringement will be problematic for political and legal reasons.

What happen to this act it was repealed.Did anyone hear about it?

I think the forming of Homeland Security changed all the laws.

This article is interesting

US Has been preparing to turn
America into a military dictatorship

whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
This is martial law training, let's call it what it is. A little over a year ago a fleet of Blackhawk choppers flew over my house in a suburban neighborhood, they were probably only 100-200 ft. from the ground. They flew so low everything in the house was shaking, the windows, floors, and I mean loudly. They are preparing for something big, that's for sure.

Same thing happened here! I actually called my military son who flies an Apache and asked what was up as here in our little town on the west coast, this was really odd. he said he didn't have any idea why.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just a joint LLE/MIL training exercise for a Mumbai style terrorist attack (not a sinister Martial Law drill).

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

There is a little glitch to that... Posse Comitatus. These didn't look like National Guard to me. Those look like Federal Active Duty Troops. Now that would seem to be a problem if that is the goal of the training. Mumbai happened in a nation where calling the local army garrison to roll out and respond to an attack is nothing to conflict with their own internal laws on the matter. That is *NOT* the case in our nation.

If they roll out active duty combat forces to respond to a fast moving hostage crisis...I'll be thankful to every individual man who was on the ground making it come out right. Then I'll call for the prosecution and imprisonment of every commander who was even remotely connected to the chain of command that saw it happen that way.

We're a nation of laws or we are not. That isn't negotiable, IMO, despite how everyone lately seems content to pick and choose and fudge whatever law isn't handy at the moment.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
i dont think brass and links fell onto the street below, they usually use these large brass catcher bags when they do ops like these:

www.usmachinegun.com...
edit on 1/27/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have MOUT training and we just used our on base training city to practice attack and defense. I can not imagine putting the population of a city at risk with war games. Choppers are notorious for crashing during training exercises. Every time I ever went up in a Blackhawk or a Heuy I would have to tighten up my you know what and swallow down that dread and say a little prayer that this bucket of bolts behaves and we get back to base alive. It is unconscionable to subject a population center to combat simulations.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good point...but the emasculating of the Posse Comitatus law has been ongoing as well as the defacto fusion of Local Law Enforcement and the Military thru drills and directives. There is an agenda and it is two fold: 1) to drill against actual terrorist attacks and 2) to desensitize the public to the future, inevitable Martial Law...but for now they have the excuse of #1.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Anymore (post 9/11 and 7/7) drills should make anyone nervous (given that they are always occuring coincidentally when there is a Terrorist Attack).

edit on 27-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This reminds me of an incident that happened 15 years ago or so here.The National Guard had a training exercise using blanks in their weapons. For some reason they ended up on a very large farm with 2 women living there. The women heard gunfire and looked outside to see a bunch of armed men firing at their house. The reciprocated in kind. They however were using real bullets. Thankfully, nobody was hit. It was extremely embarassing to the National Guard. No charges were filed. It is just a matter of time before this kind of thing turns ugly. And it will not be anyone's fault but the ones firing from the helicopter.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Maybe that is why they figure we're better without AR-15's. That sounds like a real Southern Comfort moment on the farm there instead of a Louisiana swamp. I'll bet a few Guard commanders learned some important lessons out of that one. Hopefully one wasn't to just insure live magazines were packed away somewhere if needed

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Just woke up and saw this on my FB page, blew my mind.
For them to just blantenly show their force like this says nothing
short of they know whats coming and they dont care who knows
because there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Boy are they in for a shock.... Looks like as much as we want to deni it
the only option we are going to have is a full scale revolt.
They may have the bigger guns but we have the more numbers.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SPEZNA1

Thank you. Right back at ya.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Whats that old Doors song, Five to one.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
How long has it been since the military did a live action exercise overthrowing a rogue President or Congress? I think we need to ship them up to DC to see how it would play out. But remember for the drill to be effective, it has to be a surprise. How about when that Feinstein AWB bill comes up for a vote?

Got to keep the troops in shape for various scenarios and contingencies after all...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join