It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about the Ouija Board

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I will go one step further and say that the mere act of reading this thread let's the demons know that you are interested in this topic. Now that you have their attention they will look for opportunities to use you to advance their own evil agenda. Demons do not need to wait for you to open some stupid mystical door for them by means of a game.
If it suits their purpose they can and will make your life miserable.

It is for good reason that the Bible warned us to avoid divination.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
I'm willing to bet there are as many deaths after playing Snakes and Ladders or Monopoly.

Not a betting man myself...

A little bit of evidence would have been nice though...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

The only thing that can make an object evil, is the intent behind the person using the board. Otherwise, it's just a tool used to communicate with the spirit world. Once you open yourself to the spirit world or world of energy, whether you are a believer or not, it's hard to close that door. Some people are just sensitive and attract energies. And others don't feel or see anything at all. The Board is just one of many tools that are used by people. And if not used properly or with caution, there are always dangers associated when working with energy and the spirit world.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm not religious, but the Ouija board is just something I will not tamper with. Whether it's the power of suggestion or demonic entities really do exist, I'd rather not put my psyche/life at risk purely for the sake of curiosity. Some people use it repeatedly & nothing happens. Some people use it once & they begin experiencing things that can't be rationalized.... There's just something intrinsically evil about the object...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

So every person that's had a negative result of using the board had evil intentions?? That's a far stretch... I doubt most people would want to invite a demonic entity in to terrorize them for a portion of their lives. If anything it's curiosity and intrigue.

Also, there are plenty of evil people out there who don't live with the effects that normal people may get just fooling around. Unfortunately it often doesn't work that way...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by CJCrawley
I'm willing to bet there are as many deaths after playing Snakes and Ladders or Monopoly.

Not a betting man myself...

A little bit of evidence would have been nice though...

I probably should not get involved with this thread. That, and I was enjoying just reading the responses, and I do appricate your zeal on this subject, since I didn't really see anybody supporting the notion that it had true sinister effects or can invite demons into your life. I enjoy balance in these threads, because the competing ideas really stimulate your brain more than just a one sided argument.

However, I just wanted to point out that you can't really critisize his lack of evidence, when all you provided was some youtube comments, which are notorious for being falsified intentionally. My point is that hearsay from random strangers doesn't count as empirical evidence. Though, that doesn't really dissuade me from considering the possibility. Anyways, thanks again for your input.

Also, can I ask if you are religious or spiritual at all? If so, in what way?
edit on 27-1-2013 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Elq10000

If you think that to you its just a board game? You are severely mistaken. Read up on it. Educate yourself, and stay away from them.

You are sooooo wrong on your opinion here...it proves you've done no real research at all. You are probably very young and this is cool to you. Its not. Go read. Please. For your own sake.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The truth is this:

ouija is bunk but the intent behind it can create a false sense of fufilment and can be used to subvert your "friends" will by moving the brick.
They will ask "did you do that" and you reply "no"

Then you win.
It's all ago lol

ETA: If you win on ouija, steal that dummies' valuables with vigor
edit on 27-1-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I done quite a lot of reading on it and actually played it as a child and like the author i never experienced no burning bushes, no sudden appearing or disappearing of stuff or anything else out of the ordinairy. I am not convinced it is a gateway to hell or anywhere else for that matter. I am convinced how ever that the original manufacturer made quite some money on it

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Anyone who says this is just a "board game" hasn't experienced what happens when it "works"

It's just a board game and I've seen it work, as have many many people in the UK.

The show below (the other 5 parts are on youtube) was heavily advertised before it was aired. Basically it was a national seance. We were all requested to write out the letters of the alphabet and use a glass as the pointer. Many people participated - we did in my household - and didn't that glass just fly all over our table
But it was the participants moving the glass not spirits. Tiny movements conjoined to give the impression that the glass was moving all by itself - it wasn't we were pushing it - even if we weren't aware of it. The real mystery is - just what are our sub conscious minds capable of?

edit on 27-1-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
A friend tried an Oujia-board and it went wrong. Horribly wrong. He opened up his eyes and saw dead people everywhere. And his house became haunted. He didn't sleep so well anymore after that. He thinks it would have been best if he avoided using it. But, you can't take back this kind of things. And he can't get back the years he lived in fear. The occult knows us well. It's actually quite benign once we respect it. Remember that feelings and instincts should not govern our lives. If you understand this, you can talk to demonic entities without problems. The thuths they will tell you are so big that you won't be able to contain them inside your mind. They will fade away after a while, but it will be a learning experience to see the world through their eyes. If you fail to have self-control, you might get some really, really bad luck. Some of those that I talked about the occult with are now deceased, not a coincidence.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

You know there's such a thing as pre-hypnotic suggestion. Most of what you have written is complete tosh (sorry) and I would ask you to research the hypnotic state just to see what the subconscious mind is capable of.

Preconceived notions can appear to manifest as reality - it doesn't mean they are reality.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjttatu
Do they work?

Yes.

Are they dangerous?

Yes.

Was there ever a good reason given for the ban on sales?

Since the negative results are 'other worldly' and our courts don't acknowledge the supernatural, then the Quija Board can't be banned by law. It's up to the COMMON SENSE of parents to keep this so called 'toy' away from the family. Its definately not a toy or game.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Deny Ignorance

Derren Brown is an entertainer - this programme went out on terrestrial television. Do you guys really believe we were playing with demons? Come on,

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
What an absolutely pointless, poorly thought out thread. Way to put that effort forth, OP. heh.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

My friends house became haunted after using an Oujia-board. If furnitures move in the house when the house is empty, you say one of two things: Either you say that it's not haunted, or you say it's haunted. What you choose to say has nothing to do with any observation you made. It's not a question of science. It's about faith. Some people believe that places are haunted, others don't. Even when they see videos of furnitures moving about when nobody is around, they claim the footage is fake. And the witnesses are of course full of delusions.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

Why only one of two things? (Haunted or not) There are a myriad of reasons why your friend may be experiencing these phenomena and none of them included ghosts. As I posted we still don't realise half of what the human mind is capable of.

I'm trained in therapeutic hypnosis - but I do have party tricks - like making myself invisible and moving objects around the room. Or making my subject blind to a certain colour and appearing (to them) to be hovering in mid-air. Or holding a clock behind my back and asking them to tell me the time on the face of the clock - and somehow they can see right through me and tell me the correct time

It is the human mind that is the mystery - not ghostly entities. Your friend's mindset may be such (what with the belief in ghosts and ghouls) that they believe their use of the ouija board triggered something - and all the while it is their own mind and imagination simply complying with that belief system.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by homeslice

Agreed.
This board is nothing more than a satanic tool used as a gateway to Hell.

I feel its more the person mentally and spiritually allowing the connection to the other side to be opened,whether that connection or opening can be controlled by the individual is another matter.
think of it like the internet and your mind is the modem, some people have a faint reception to the collective thoughts and feelings of the people and places around them, some people can go deeper and explore the "web", while some can gain a connection like old school dial up to the other side. Now like our internet our mind and "spirit"can be hacked", if you dont understand what hell you are doing. its simple you go to "websites"you need virus protection its the same with this stuff, thing is humans still really dont understand wtf they are dealing with on the other side, its really there, it exists.
the "board" is just a psychological medium. its more of whatever gets you going really.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLAYERONE01

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by homeslice

Agreed.
This board is nothing more than a satanic tool used as a gateway to Hell.

I feel its more the person mentally and spiritually allowing the connection to the other side to be opened,whether that connection or opening can be controlled by the individual is another matter.
think of it like the internet and your mind is the modem, some people have a faint reception to the collective thoughts and feelings of the people and places around them, some people can go deeper and explore the "web", while some can gain a connection like old school dial up to the other side. Now like our internet our mind and "spirit"can be hacked", if you dont understand what hell you are doing. its simple you go to "websites"you need virus protection its the same with this stuff, thing is humans still really dont understand wtf they are dealing with on the other side, its really there, it exists.
the "board" is just a psychological medium. its more of whatever gets you going really.

It would seem the church did a really good job of blacklisting this one,
the fear based around it seems second to none,i am guilty of being very
wary of it myself,however every account seems in some way second hand,
the whole thing stinks of urban myth,that said i have 2 questions

(1) what/where is this 'other side'...is it religion based?

most accounts don't suggest using it unless you have experience/knowledge or someone with some.

(2)How do get said knowledge without trial and error...what would you call someone with said experience/knowledge?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I am confused. Are you trying to tell people that you found something on the internet and that makes it true?
I am thinking you are younger than possibly 30 years; the reason I say this is I am older than 40, and when I was young my parents purchased it for us kiddos for a christmas game. They did not know it was considered "real", and thought like many others that it was all in fun.
It was less than a year later that I recall seeing the board in the outdoor trash burner...yes, to be burned.
Yes, we had experiences, and it is a way for the non-living to communicate, we kids sure did not know it was real, and we were young.
I do not understand when people just copy and paste other stories as if this is the answer. And I am not sure if you are attempting to educate yourself? or others'? or just trying to spark a debate?
I would think that if you have some kind of experience firsthand, either good or bad, then that is the basis for a conversation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join