It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about the Ouija Board

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Elq10000

Someone else said it - you need to do your research. The Ouija board, Hasbro's, is modeled after spirit boards or Witchboards which have been around for a very long time. If not taken seriously or used as a "toy" - bad things can and have happened to people of all ages.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I have read so many posts about the Ouiga Board that I am stunned about peoples ignorance.

The board is nothing but a tool to connect us to our guardian angeles.

Now before you flame me let me tell you about my actual major experience with the board (one of many good experiences).

I have had an Angle Board( a O uiga Board, with an angle imprinted on the face that you say a prayer before you go on) for about 18 years. My daughter and I went on every so often just for fun and to see what was going to happen in our lives. It was mostly mundane stuff and nothing major but still totally right on.

My mother died about 12 years ago and about two years later my phone satated ringing with no one at the other end. This happened for weeks (phone calls from the dead).

Well after about two weeks of the phone calls I thought I should go on the board to see what someone was trying to tell me. I went on the board and it kept pointing to GSD (go see Doctor) SC. SC. SC. At the time I had discovered a small lump at the top of my breast and went to the Dr. and had a breast screening. Nothing.

I went back on the board and told it I had a breast screenin and nothing was wrong, and it said the same thing. GSD SC, SC, SC.

At about a week later, out of the blue, my husband said he was going to the Dermitoligst and I said make an appointment for me too.

Well it turned out he was just fine but the the SC on the board was not Stop Cancer but was Skin Cancer ..i had Melanoma. it was removed and I have been forever grateful to those who look after me via my Angel Board.
I have not had a phone call since and continue to rely on my Angle Board

I'm sorry this was such a long post but sometimes you have to use the tool you are given. the Ouigi Board is not evil unless you think it is.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

TV is there for entertainment and ratings. Try doing it with just a few people in a room lit with only candles...and the TV off.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
TL;DR

Now if there was only an app for something like that...

There is , its called Facebook.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714
reply to post by christina-66

TV is there for entertainment and ratings. Try doing it with just a few people in a room lit with only candles...and the TV off.

TV WAS for entertainment but now its just for programming.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You are free to your own assumption. Personally, I find these to be more than just "board games," and if a parent were to buy one for his/her kid they should research the risks that involve actual contact. There are reasons "psychics" shield themselves during sessions when contacting spirits. Definately something that should not be made a mockery of.
edit on 29-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The board you talk about is in some hands just a piece of wood and in others is quite potent. The thing is do you know how to get rid of an entity if one appears? Do you know what to do if anyone gets possessed? If the answers to these questions is no then do not use one. As an occult consultant I can contact those passed on. I do so using a scrying mirror: a much safer tool. Any questions on this matter please address to my web page in my profile.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The only reason ouija boards cause harm is because the people using them are mentally unfit, the build up and suspence, dark lite room when using a board all adds to the unconscience mind, which fools the person into believing "ghosts" are communicating with them.
This has been proven lots of times, the mind is weird and wonderful place!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

My experiences with this kind of stuff.

Ive used the glass version of an Ouija Board many times when I was younger. For those not familiar with it, you just take a big paper (like an A3 or A3+) and copy the (boards) letters on it and use a regular glass turned upside down as the tool.

It actually works very well. But like the Ouija Board it is very receptive to your own thoughts and wishes. Even if you don't actively steer it yourself, your thoughts, wishes and opinions will affect the answers you get. You will have to keep your mind completely blank when it moves. You must not hope to get a certain answer to a question, that will result in.. yeah you get the point. Works with 2 ppl but a few more is generally better. Though the risk for the participants thoughts to affect the outcome also increases dramatically. So its a balance act.

Sometimes the glass kind of circles around almost like it's waiting for something. It is at that point you loose connection for a while and your own mind controls it instead. Just chill and wait it out.

* Light a candle before you start.

* Say a prayer if you believe or find it appropriate.

* If you believe in guardian spirits or followers, ask for one to come.

* Else, ask if someone kind and honest want to come forward and answer some questions.

* Asking about your own life rather that about aliens and paranormal stuff generally give you better answers. Some spirits dont know if there are bases on mars, nor do they care. They are not here to satisfy your wish for knowledge about such matters.

* Don't continue if you get bad answers like youre going to die or something like that. Dont be afraid eiher. Its just someone messing with you.

* Don't expect magic. If you make real contact with someone good, they often act like advisors that dont want to interfear too much and you generally get answers that will make you feel good rather that revealing the future to much. Not always but very often.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

So are you saying that people who believe in ghosts are mentally ill? As a believer with my own experiences, I'd say that's pretty ignorant.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I used to own one of those boards - Got it for Christmas one year (off of ebay - the owner seemed glad to be rid of it). Once I first got it, I actually came onto ATS and read a couple threads about the Ouija board, and read everyone's experiences.

Basically, I tried to get something to "come out", to prove that the board indeed was connected to the spirit world - I used it in a dark room, challenged any "entities" present to prove to me they existed, and didn't open or close my sessions. I also left the planchette on the board just to see what would happen. Finally, after about 4 months of nothing happening, I came to the conclusion that I, literally had a "Dead Board"
. It's probably in some garbage dump somewhere, as I threw it out.

There might have been one time that it did work though - One day I took it with me to a spot that I was often attracted to (an old bridge overlooking a creek where a railroad used to exist), and immediately the board (or my imagination) picked up the name (Mary), and an age (19). The only other information I "got" was "car accident". Seeing as I didn't have a date or time to reference, every now & then I'll look at the older newspapers & see if I can find anything that matches (nothing yet).

Just for amusement purposes I'll relay a story from a friend that worked at Walmart. One night, she was walking down an aisle next to the board games (it was the aisle with girl toys), when suddenly, from the next one over, came a huge crash. When she & another coworker took a look, they found that all the Ouija boards had fallen off the shelf - even the ones all the way at the back. After joking about them being haunted, and putting them away, my friend had to do a sweep of the same aisle just before her shift ended. As she passed the ouija boards, 5 of them decided it was time to aim for her (they fell right behind her).

-Fossilera

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

You should re-read my post. I said unfit NOT ill!!!!
I would say the same about you and your ignorance, I am/was a spiritualist for many years and ouija is all in the mind!!
When a group of people get together in a poorly lite room, all thinking the same creepy/scary thoughts it's amazing how your brain makes up stories to go with the standard creeks and groans of a house!!

And I have owned an ouija board for over 15 years!!
edit on 31-1-2013 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Check this out:

Do you believe in is actually communicatting?

Or is it all in his subconscious?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I've done the Quija board and I wouldn't do it again I tell you. There is something weird about them and people shouldn't mess with things they can't control and when it comes to the Quija board, you can't control what comes down the pipe, it isn't worth it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join