It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about the Ouija Board

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoEskiMo
Yes, we had experiences, and it is a way for the non-living to communicate,,

would you care to elaborate on experiences??(no is an acceptable answer)

non-living??

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

My party-trick is winning the lottery. For now I only won some small amounts, but I got a winning chance of well above 60%. It is incredible what the mind can do once it's properly trained.

But, the Oujia-board is dangerous. Because it causes discomfort and harm to those who use it. Peering through the veil is harmless once you are prepared. But, for the unlucky ones who are not prepared it's dangerous. This board gives no preparation in the things that await you on the other side.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

You know how they say that discrimination often evaporates when the one doing the discriminating actually meets the object of their discrimination face to face? Well I feel that way about the ouija board - it's a classic case of 'nothing to fear but fear itself'. If people could take the time out to watch the vid I posted on the previous page of this thread I'm certain many fears would be quickly allayed - we may even have a giggle at our own misconceptions
(largely put in place by Hollywood movies and television).

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My life has never been the same since after I used a ouija board... Used properly yours will too

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

When you're in a group with lots of people doing a séance, it's different. Especially if you have somebody who is hellbent on NOT connecting with anything and deceiving. Such a séance is doomed to failure. If something comes out of it, it will probably only be creeping terror. Terror that gets you when you are alone and causes you harm. This kind of experiment is the scientific equivalent of using test-tubes in a chemistry-experiment that has not been properly cleansed before you add ingredients. The circle is just as strong as the weakest participant.

My advice is to stay away from the Oujia-boards. Even if they were harmless, try something else. Don't bet on it with your life.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TitorelliP
My life has never been the same since after I used a ouija board... Used properly yours will too

I do appreciate this is A.T.S. and conspiracies are generally vague in nature,
and that 8 out of 10 posts are generally pretty vague,but if you had gotten
any more vague there would be no words to form a sentence.

would it be possible for you to elaborate??

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

Are we talking ghosts of the mind? Cos that's what I'm talking about - not ghouls and goblins. Admittedly if an individual has these kind of beliefs then a ouija board may indeed frighten them - because they will not be expecting or anticipating the movement of the pointer - even tho' these movements are only caused by the participants and not some deceased person's spirit.

Have you ever heard of mirror neurons? These little wonders of the mind give us all a level of telepathy....as I sit in conversation with you - and you raise a glass to your mouth - even though I'm not taking a drink myself my muscles will imperceptibly mirror your movement. That is how I believe anybody gets any results from these parlour games....empathy.

What's so special about mirror neurons?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

So I take of you've never used a Ouija board? Because it seems like the people who have (myself included) often warn others not to use them (I won't ever again) while those who haven't just dismiss it as "subconscious" or what have you.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Bigfoot12714 because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

So I take of you've never used a Ouija board? Because it seems like the people who have (myself included) often earn others not to use them (I won't ever again) while those who haven't just dismiss it as "subconscious" or what have you.

Actually believing science saying we have the capacity to be more than extraordinary,as apposed to hocus pocus and someone saying don't do it without being willing to explain comprehensively why you shouldn't,is reasonable i think...However if someone passionately says don't do it,your still going to explain it rationally whilst heeding a warning

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

I would never use one ever again and warn others not to.

I played the Parker bros game when I was about 10 and nothing happened.

Its when I played one that was homemade that it became a horrible experience. First off it said its name was "foe". It said horrible, truly horrible evil things, threats against myself. Now granted it could very well be the person I played it with was pushing the planchette around. I only know it wasn't me trying to. My life hasn't been the same since. Is it to blame? How do I know. It could be. I just wish I didn't get talked into it. I suppose the attraction is based on curiosity.

Its unfortunately addicting to some people.

I had a friend who kept playing it by herself. She was into fortune telling and it was giving her answers. Wrong answers as it would later be revealed. She was too addicted to it. She would invite me over to hang out then get the board out. I declined her offer to join in and just observed her playing it. She kept asking if whoever was going to die, stuff like that. It told her that her father would die soon. She became very distraught, but only asked for more details. It was consuming her thoughts. Every single day she would say she was so worried her father would die.

Shortly thereafter she began complaining about paranormal hijinx going on in her home. Her daughter & husband said this was true and they were getting freaked out. They said her daughter had a wreath on the wall above her bed and when her mother and stepfather would go to bed at night, they would find it laying on their bed, on her stepfather's side. They would put it back, but it would come back to the bed on its own. Kept moving around on its own. None of us thought about the Ouija board. I only thought about this later myself but never said anything. So a few weeks later, my friend and her husband were having dinner at a restaurant and he suddenly in the middle of eating, died. A brain anuerism was the cause. We were all shocked of course. He father did not die, he's still alive. She however died recently of cancer, her father was with her before she passed on. She was supposed to be going home, somewhat recovering and feeling better, writing messages she couldn't wait to go home.

I would like to mention what fuelled her addiction. As well as enquiring about who would die, she kept asking if she would win the lottery. She did win a big amount, lucky sevens scratch ticket. She spent all the winnings on more tickets. It was like she thought it brought good luck, not bad luck. Once her husband died her life went downhill because she was so distraught and completely inconsolable.

There's no way of proving any of this but it was enough to scare me off. I witnessed a beautiful vibrant woman deteriorate into a complete wreck. Very sad.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Chris Everard WARNS Against using Ouija boards
www.youtube.com...

Warnings
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Like I said in my earlier post, it's just one of many objects or tools used to communicate with the spirit world. Not everyone has the ability to sense or have paranormal experiences. Not everyone who uses a Ouija Board is going to have a bad experience. But like I said, once you open yourself up to communicating with the spirit world and entities, you leave yourself wide open for dangerous situations. If the person using the Ouija Board is not taking it seriously or using it improperly without taking precautions, which let's face it - are most people who use it - then of course there is the possibility of having a bad experience with it. Even those who use it properly can have bad experiences with it.

I myself do not use Ouija boards. I did once as a child, nothing happened at the time but I've had many experiences that I can not explain since that year. Communicating with spirits is not a game, and should never be taken lightly as a game - no matter what tool you use for communication. Always take precaution. Even if you are non-believer or skeptic, things can still happen to you if you are not careful.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

I think what the poster meant is that it's like performing any ritual, seance or meditation. In doing any type of spiritual work one must learn to protect themselves. Prepare yourself, protect yourself - use candles, blessings, prayer - just depends on what religion you follow. Even if you don't believe, better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I've never had contact with anything otherworldly since I did it but what happened when I did do it is why I won't touch one ever again. The topic fought my interest about three or four years ago so I read up and studied it with the intention of trying it. I convinced a friend who owned one to do it with me, along with a mutual friend. They volunteered to work the planchette while I took notes. Out of respect for the dead and fear of what else might be on the other side we lit white candles, said prayers, and anything else we could as to not attract evil entities. So for about ten minutes my 2 friends were asking "are there any friendly spirits here that would like to speak to us" to no avail.

Growing impatient and having read that it worked better with more people I decided to put my hands on it. Getting lazy, I shortened the question to "are there any friendly spirits here" and this is when things got a little weird. As soon as j shortened the question I felt as if something was entering my body through my feet. At the same time the planchette began moving toward the word no. As the feeling moved up my legs, making them feel asleep almost, I began to worry. The only way I can describe it is that I felt like I was being pushed out of my own body. The feeling then got to my stomach and that's when I knew it was bad. I felt like I was going to vomit but I kept my hands on thinking it must be fear. The feeling moved to my throat making breathing difficult, then into my head and I began to lose vision as if I was going to black out. Just before I did I yelled "YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE GOODBYE" and moved the planchette to "goodbye." Mind you this gave my 2body friends a scare because they had no idea what was happening to me. When I yelled goodbye, at a much faster rate, I felt it leave my body starting with my feet and so on. I can't describe to you how it felt when it left only to say my whole body woke up (you know that tingly feeling). We went outside for a smoke and apparently I was devoid of picking in my face and the rest of my body and very distraught. It was no fun, it was pure evil.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

My problem is not with the pointer or how that moves. There are so many sources for errors including involuntary movement. It could also be that one of the participants is trying to scare the others. So, there are both inner demons and social processes to worry about. I don't think too much about that part of the boards. Even the answers that seem to come out of nowhere is not worrisome. Because that might be the subconscious at work. If it was only this, the whole thing would perhaps just be shadows on the walls playing tricks on the mind.

The problem with Ouija boards is when furniture starts moving by themselves in the weeks after the board is used. When people nearby complain about lots of strange stuff happening. When people grow pale because they can't sleep anymore. It's not when you're in a group of people, but when that group splits up and they have to sleep by themselves and face the terrors in the night alone. That's when things go bad. Those boards have a really bad reputation.

The solution is the same, though. For both the problem of the worrisome one-night experience and the fully-fledged haunting: Meditation. Know thyself. Inner strength. It's the common denominator between science and religion. If you can't meditate, you're missing out on a lot of things.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

That sounds scary. When I played it myself with the homemade one, like I said I was hesitant. The girl who made it kept assuring me it was ok. Not sure how I even got talked into it. I was so against it.

I've heard homemade ones are better than the Parker Bros one and you should never play it alone or release your fingers off it, where one is left touching it alone.

It seemed ok at first just answering ordinary questions. We asked things it couldn't possibly know, but of course it had the correct answers. There was intelligence in this thing that seemed unreal. I thought ok its answering my secret questions, so perhaps I'm subconsciously moving it around not realizing, so I let the others play, but it still got them right. Then it turned nasty, the marker was racing around the board so fast, when it said YES, but slow with other words. it told me I was going to burn to death. The way it teased was so evil. I don't even want to give it credit explaining my experience more than that.

It makes you say to others " you're pushing it aren't you?". They say no but you don't believe them.

I just don't think its safe to dabble in the occult.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Well if you read my earlier posts in this thread you'll see that I have - I took part in a national experiment which was undertaken via a television programme aired on terrestrial tv. I also posted a video of the programme that was aired and encouraged us to participate.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
reply to post by cjttatu

I think what the poster meant is that it's like performing any ritual, seance or meditation. In doing any type of spiritual work one must learn to protect themselves. Prepare yourself, protect yourself - use candles, blessings, prayer - just depends on what religion you follow. Even if you don't believe, better to be safe than sorry.

Makes sense, i do have trouble with the 'spiritual' bit

also for the need of religious items/prayer

i think this only intrigues because of 'reported' physical results

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

If you're not spiritual then just use white candles and incense and say a mantra or chant. When I do my work, or a simple meditation I say something like "May the light of God keep me safe"...even though I'm not sure what I believe in, I'd rather just say it. There are a lot of unexplained things that happen in this world and it's just better to play it safe.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Elq10000

You havent read enough, and many of your responders are trying to help you here: but you refuse to listen. Many of us here range widely in age and experience. I surmise totally, we've responded to well over 20,000 posts to your 50 or so.: and here too...you disregard us.

Most of us trying to teach you something here...are trying to tell you from our knowledge and the tons and tons of books and testimony from all we all learned from 20 to over 50 or so years.

Our advice to you here hold more than your .."well...I think...." You are not thinking at all.

What have we to gain except trying to seriously disuade you from harm? Nearly all of the responders against it have played it . So we know.

Read and research deeper and more into it. You can apologize later.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join