It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead astronauts in space...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
How many dead astronauts litter space, and is it possible official figures are purposefully inaccurate?

What happens to a dead body in a vacuum?

Do astronauts carry some form of 'suicide assist', in the chance that events may unfold in an unplanned catastrophic manner, ie. cyanide etc, to avoid a painful death?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nquisitive

What makes you think there are dead astronauts in space?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I doubt there are just dead bodies floating around out there.

I honestly don't know if any American astronauts have died while actually IN space, but I can't say whether or not any other countries have had disasters up there.

Even if an astronaut died in space, I doubt they would just be left up there...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nquisitive
How many dead astronauts litter space, and is it possible official figures are purposefully inaccurate?

Do astronauts carry some form of 'suicide assist', in the chance that events may unfold in an unplanned catastrophic manner, ie. cyanide etc, to avoid a painful death?

Cyanide does not help you avoid a painful death, It would actually be a rather miserable death honestly. If I wanted to die quickly, I'd just open my face mask on my space suit.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There have been many stories and rumours over the years of US and NATO listening posts monitoring soviet space exploration
Before yuris time in space these listening posts reported eavesdropping on cosmonauts drifting off into space due to mechanical failures or slowly suffocating ..........literally listening to their breathing becoming slower and more laboured until silence

en.wikipedia.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-1-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Interesting! I haven't heard of that before.

Do you have links to these stories that you can share by any chance?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

Yep just added a few
I originally heard this from a friend that works at a NATO listening post and then stumbled across a vid on YouTube a few years later ............one of the links I've added is to an old ats thread with a link to a vid .........dunno if its the same one I saw,and can't view it at the moment but hopefully it will point you in the right direction

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There are rumours of various lost cosmonauts

Phantom cosmonauts

Also, don't forget the numerous dead animals consigned to a lonely death in space, totally oblivious to the reasons for their abandonment and inevitable death.

ETA: just noticed Neocrusader beat me to the lost cosmonaut info.

edit on 25/1/13 by Morgil because: just noticed

edit on 25/1/13 by Morgil because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

Yeah didn't want to mention all those dead puppies up there in that big kennel in the sky

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

Originally posted by 1nquisitive

Cyanide does not help you avoid a painful death, It would actually be a rather miserable death honestly. If I wanted to die quickly, I'd just open my face mask on my space suit.

My point being, do astronauts receive a 'suicide assist'?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
reply to post by Morgil

Yeah didn't want to mention all those dead puppies up there in that big kennel in the sky

Didn't Leika supposedly get exposed to solar radiation?
edit on 25-1-2013 by 1nquisitive because: typo

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

What makes you think there are dead astronauts in space?

People die at some point, why not in space?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

From what I can gather US astronaughts do not have a suicide assist .........well it's been widely denied anyway
Where as the soviets apparently did eventually start giving them out .......though I can't find any conformation of this, but they did/do take a pistol ....................doubt it's for protection from aliens

And yes if my memory serves Laika did die of radiation exposure .............don't take that as gospel though ....as I said .......if memory serves

edit on 25-1-2013 by Neocrusader because: Auto correct

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader

From what I can gather US astronaughts do not have a suicide assist .........well it's been widely denied anyway
Where as the soviets apparently did eventually start giving them out .......though I can't find any conformation of this, but they did/do take a pistol ....................doubt it's for protection from aliens

And yes if my memory serves Laika did die of radiation exposure .............don't take that as gospel though ....as I said .......if memory serves

edit on 25-1-2013 by Neocrusader because: Auto correct

pistol? Yep, only one thing that's being used for, and it sure isn't to ward of hostile intergalactic aliens!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
if there are dead astronauts in space - then why hasnt rusia admitted it ???? they have unilaterally admitted a catolougue of attorocities in other feilds - any dead cosmonauts would have been accidents / negiligence / equipment failures

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by csuldm

I doubt there are just dead bodies floating around out there.

I honestly don't know if any American astronauts have died while actually IN space, but I can't say whether or not any other countries have had disasters up there.

Even if an astronaut died in space, I doubt they would just be left up there...

While it's pretty amazing considering the fact that we die on earth like flies, you are somewhat right. They mostly die during take off or reentry.

So no floating up there.

edit:

If you happen to spot a floating body on some NASA photos...it's probably debris. It's just paranoia/elia...something....oddly shaped like a human corpse in a space suit.
edit on 25-1-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
if there are dead astronauts in space - then why hasnt rusia admitted it ???? they have unilaterally admitted a catolougue of attorocities in other feilds - any dead cosmonauts would have been accidents / negiligence / equipment failures

The logical conclusion of your statement is "if there are dead astronauts Russia would disclose it".

Why would they?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Some just fall back to earth.

A sick answer to even sicker question OP.

Obviously a major malfunction.
edit on 25-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There are NO dead astronauts (or cosmonauts) in space.
the only off-ground fatalaties were the Shuttle disaster (the Challenger iirc), and one Voshkod craft that suffered a malfunction in space that produced an accidental vaccum in the capsule; the cosmonauts died but the capsule and their bodies landed.
It is impossible to launch a manned flight into space without multiple countries knowing about it, as everything going up and coming down is monitored (not just by the US and Russia either). This has been the case since the 1950s.
there were no secret manned flights, no secret Russian moon flights, no stranded astro/cosmo nauts, none, nil.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join