It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*VID* Washington City Councilman walks out of meeting when Afghan Veteran confirms he is carrying co

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I don't know whether he (the councilman) was panicking that he would be shot (why would he be afraid? many people in WA carry concealed) or if he really was just nervous around a gun in the same room (again, they're in WA?)

Either way, the mayor handled it EXTREMELY well in the end, I'm glad there are still public officials like him in office.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

The mayor handled that very well. Hats off to him.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Good on that mayor.
Well spoken people I'll add. The veteran showed equal honor.
I think this is a clear case of what is happening throughout the branches of power.

Because that motioned failed, it became moot.
If it had passed, it would have been a breach of their oath.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Whoa people are starting to get it.. We are all tyrants if given the choice.. I wouldn't mind my girlfriend talking less about shoes.. But if I limit her free speech I'm worse than she is. The constitution is a guide book to keep us ALL in check.

the three branches of government grow off the Tree of the Constitution. That's all there is to it. If they want to amend it they can try that, but enacting laws against it without amending it is ILLEGAL for the Feds. States can take any power not expressly inhibited, but the Feds can only have power where the states leave off, like interstate commerce.

Guy seems like a good mayor.. I'd feel safe as well with guns around in citizens hands like that. I used to be afraid of guns when I was young. It was ingrained in my head that handguns were evil, but rifles were ok... Now they've flipped the script on me..

edit on 1/25/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Anyone else notice that the city councilman was not the only one who walked out ? There were like maybe 20 persons and then.....about six in the audience after that little performance ?

As for why people might feel uncomfortable.....

edit on 25-1-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I liked the way the City Attorney responded and admire his restraint. In fact, I admire the cordiality of all concerned in the meeting - it's something we don't see much of out here in Podunkville Texas.

I don't know about WA but in TX we have an "Open Meetings Act" which requires a publication of notice and agenda - as well as a prohibition on consideration of any items not disclosed in the published agenda.
The Mayor would have been well within his rights (if in TX) to declare the councilman's motion out of order as any consideration or vote would have violated the Open Meetings Act statutes, and been void on that basis as well.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have a feeling city council members of larger, more populated cities wouldn't have responded in the same, honorable, constitutional, oath-kept manner.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
hey....did anybody notice how many chairs there are at the 3:45 mark when the guy returns to the podium to answer the councilmans question and then when the vid cuts to the audience at 6:01 how many chairs are left ..it is .....im gunna use the word 'obvious' that the vid has been edited but not the audio......did a bunch of people come in and remove all those chairs??? i think the vid was edited on purpose................any links to the whole city council meeting.....the ccw guy did say he thought that were gunna talk about parks and rec...AAAAND did anybody hear the mayor saying that the same 2 council people wanted the ccw guy to remove his hat at the begining???

was the video edited on purpose???????????????

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

hey....did anybody notice how many chairs there are at the 3:45 mark when the guy returns to the podium to answer the councilmans question and then when the vid cuts to the audience at 6:01 how many chairs are left

That's because the meeting was near over. You can hear the mayor at the end saying :

" We have the motion to adjourn "

Nothing about feeling unsafe because a vet with ccw...

The only stupid was the politic leaving the room...

edit on 25/1/2013 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This isn't "Breaking" news, but big thread already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If I lived there I'd be taking names and planning how I would vote in the next election.

Two people would never have gotten my vote again.

top topics

join