It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overpopulation: The elephant in the room (Bindi Irwin Vs Hilary Clinton)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

You sir are extremely misinformed.

The good earth is rich and can provide for everyone, the whole planets population could comfortably live in a space the size of Texas.

I will agree that our current model of civilization is not working, but only because greed and corruption have dominated politics and big business.

There is more than enough to go round (apart from oil but we wouldn't need that if all technology was opened up) it all comes down to infrastructure, and real progress instead of suppression and greed.

And that's not even considering mining/utilizing asteroid's/other planets that are floating about unclaimed waiting to be harvested.

You need a good long look at yourself.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Geez, this place gets crazier every single day.

Between the right-wing froth-fest and lunacy like this, where is the common sense?

Overpopulation is something that I thought was pushed by the Bilderbergers?

And who cares about Bindi Irwin?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Perhaps we are not yet overpopulated, but rather wrongly organized. There is plenty of wealth, food, space, and other resources for all of us, but greed, fear, and Social systems prevent us from properly ensuring all humans have equal access to the abundance provided by our planet and created by our technology. Fresh clean water is the only resource that I currently believe could be at or near its limits..

Plenty of Wealth for all...
"Oxfam said the world's poorest could be lifted out of poverty several times over should the richest 100 billionaires give away the money they made last year"

Plenty of Food for all...if it wasnt wasted...and managed better...
"A 1997 U.S. study found that 27 per cent of edible food is never eaten"

"A 2008 report on the relationship between food waste and water waste indicated that less-developed countries experience significant food losses and spoilage"

Or if we encouraged poly-culture farming with smart watering techniques...
"Polyculture: higher yields; less water"

Or used fewer chemicals and encouraged a stronger food-web in our farming systems...
"He found almost nothing. "I listened and heard nothing, no bird, no click of insect."

Water would be the exception in my opinion, but we could still catch rainwater instead of diverting all of it OUT of the cities that could use them...
"We hemorrhage 3.8 billion gallons of water when it rains just under a half an inch in Los Angeles,"

- - -

It means rethinking lots of things but if we can do it I believe we are far from being overpopulated.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well let little Bindi Irwin be the first in line to get her tubes tide then.Or prehaps she could throw aborted fetuses to the crocodile god Sobek.I can't stand that family of fool's.And to those advocating depopulation, please put your money were your mouth is, and take your own lives.Yeah didn't think you would.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
addit: would a billion people in the British Isles constitute 'over population' ?

I know Australia could house close to a Billion if we really had too.. 80-90% of our land doesn't have people on it. China is the same with their population. They have lots of spare land even with that amount of people. Well they have enough land to build ghost cities anyway..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

addit: would a billion people in the British Isles constitute 'over population' ?

I know Australia could house close to a Billion if we really had too.. 80-90% of our land doesn't have people on it. China is the same with their population. They have lots of spare land even with that amount of people. Well they have enough land to build ghost cities anyway..

Most of Australia is desert - and there is a salination problem with the soil - could Australia really be home to a billion people ?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
My hunch is that the real reason here is that the western nations in their decline just can't come to grips with the reality that their criminal and ideologically motivated policies have destroyed their own countries, which, among other things, is mirrored by birth rates. Unfortunately, rather than facing the obvious and changing course, the elitists are playing a game of denial and seem to have convinced themselves that their state is somehow normal, which it is of course not. Their conclusion is that everyone must immediately copy their suicidal culture, otherwise they'll be confronted with the reality that they are either not the best/strongest, etc, which they simply cannot accept, for psychological reasons (ego), so anyone, who's somehow eeking out a future around here or heaven forbid, tries to determine their own fate, must clearly be evil...

Enter depopulation, which started out in the late 18th to early 19th century at a fraction of today's number of people. If at all, overpopulation is always a local phenomenon (a function of density and soil fertility, maybe?), but the all-wise elites have done everything in their power to encourage and enable migration, so any self-applying corrective pressure will be delayed. People in general don't like to connect these issues and the reason is (imho) they would rather see violence, because the prospect excites them.

Of course, as always it pays to be careful what one wishes for. Btw. have any of you even taken a look at any population density charts? 'Cause from what i've seen ,herad and read, it's always someone else who has to die...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

Of course! None of these knowitall radicals count themselves among the "useless eaters" that need to be wiped out. It's kinda funny too, because from my experience, most of the people like that couldn't grow a houseplant, let alone a garden to feed themselves.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
Of course, as always it pays to be careful what one wishes for. Btw. have any of you even taken a look at any population density charts? 'Cause from what i've seen ,herad and read, it's always someone else who has to die...

Why does anyone have to die ?
Why not advocate birth control ?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
over populated huh?

What about all that spare land being held by governments world wide?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CristobalColonic

"Bindi Irwin has clashed with US secretary of state Hillary Clinton after an essay she wrote for the former first lady's e-journal was heavily edited [...] after Irwin submitted the 1000-word essay, which focused on population growth, the secretary of state’s department reportedly edited it beyond recognition."

LINK

Seems only the younger generation want to acknowledge the real problem in the world today- the 'virus' known as the human species.

We search far and wide for solutions to our environmental degradation problems, a way to end starvation, how to avert wars... yet we're too scared to confront the root of the problem- the human delusion that we have some divine right to keep breeding like rodentia and that in some magical way the Earth will somehow tolerate our overwhelming numbers.

How embarrassing that it's taken a child to bring this into the public fora and for shame on the US government censors for trying to sweep this most pressing of issues under the carpet once again.

9 billion by 2025. Get ready for a mass, WWII- like culling. It's inevitable, one way or the other.

if you are so keen on it why is always someone else that has to be culled?

huh

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

DING DING DING, We have a winner here folks!
You hit it on the nose there Red!
There are too many eaters that just might get out of hand and band together and overthrow the elite.
Star to you!
As for the 1/4 acre, there is a family of four producing I think 70 percent of their food on 1/10th of an acre.
They also sell their natural foods to local restaurants.
This is in a southern california neighborhood!
I'm sure 1/4 of an acre would be more than enough for 1 person using this story as a gauge.
Of course the need for fruit bearing trees would be terribly beneficial for a year long food resource, a food forest.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

No it's always a people problem. It's like a relation, we don't have a relation right now I think/believe where balance is possible with nature, stuff arround us, of course the ammount of people is making things worse.
It's not McDonalds which is the problem, or Exxon perse.
It's the amount of, be it cars, be it even as you say; mcdonalds. the more people, the more of them.

I can place like 50 people in my place, be sure it will become a mess fast, where nobody takes anymore responsiblity sooner or later but complain about all the filth and bad smells.
But sure in the end they will just flee if possible.
These times it's harder to escape to something better, it's just become messy and foggy more and more where it becomes harder and harder to really fix things, if even possible.

Everything has become ''now'' worry about now, tomorrow is not my problem, I got enough problems myself.
And when something outside, like for example the government, which it seems only make things worse, like just taxing out of their current problems, and we see there is no real sullution whatsover, we only get more angry and frustrated but know, nobody really cares, after all.

Things are becoming big, and bigger and more big.
Hard to see then when that happens, to see when standing infront of that, to do something about it, when you feel so little, powerless.
So maybe we do care deep inside, but it's becoming so big, what can you/we do?

Math does not lie, 1/4 acre is more than enough for 1 person to sustain a fabulous lifestyle, but as the above poster said, it is the elite who do not want to give up their extravagant lifestyles with all of their servants and trinkets and fast food and...
What can we do?
I grow a garden every year and do sprouts year long, I compost, provide roughly 30 - 50 percent of my own solar/wind depending on the time of year, I don't buy garbage, I try to make sure what I buy will be around for a long time, and I recycle!
It is not a huge list of mine and most are a labor of love, which is good because my health sucks.
But if everybody had a simpler lifestyle, the quality of life would go up.
Imagine not knowing what a clock was, only dark and light!
That's how every animal on this planet lives, except the one animal that is destroying it's world, the human.
There is no overcrowding dear brother, there is greed.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Have the ''there is no problem'' people been to India lately ? more then a billion people - why ??? They have lots and lots of children per family, this means that there is an enormous scramble for resources, 30 % of the worlds poor live in India. If they had had better birth control - the standard of living NOW would be so much better for everyone there.

Africa [...]

The Arab spring [...]

It's no coincidence that the more developed and civil a country is, the more in check its population expansion is. A lack of education, religious indoctrination and, simply put, lagging in the evolutionary race, leads to overpopulation.

Like a virus, those who breed like insects do not consider what they are doing- they just do.

Originally posted by Yowie13
1/4 acre in much of Australia would be lucky to feed a cat let alone a person. Around half of Australia fits the definition of Desert (Hot with less than 10 inches of sporadic rain a year)

Yes. It's why the bulk of Australia's 22 million people live in the eastern seaboard; with the south-west bringing up the rear due to China's avaricious hunger for iron-ore.

People who cite brain dead- asinine statistics like every person on the planet being sardine- packed into the geographical space of Australia effectively declare themselves as non critical thinking, abject retards that really have no place in discussions as earnest as this.

Originally posted by g146541
I would imagine that those 700 million folks living in "poverty" would say they had a wonderful life

WTF?! Is this 'Retarded Comments For The Sake Of Increasing Post Count Week' at ATS, or something...??

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus
You sir are extremely misinformed.

The good earth is rich and can provide for everyone, the whole planets population could comfortably live in a space the size of Texas.

lolololololololol...*

Originally posted by DarknStormy
I know Australia could house close to a Billion if we really had too.. 80-90% of our land doesn't have people on it.

Really?

And if you are prepared to be crammed, Beijing style into a desert in 55'c (131'F) heat, you might also be happy to survive without water.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Of course! None of these knowitall radicals count themselves among the "useless eaters" that need to be wiped out.

Nope.

I'd be perfectly willing to be subjected to whatever intelligence, psychological, biological, skills or other tests required to qualify / disqualify me from living on this planet. I'm no hypocrite and if am deemed to be some fat, dopey, useless, avaricious slob, I'll be the first to march into the kiln.

Having said that, this is not about necessarily devising a way to equitably cull people right now but, rather, how to stop the rot.

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
if you are so keen on it why is always someone else that has to be culled?

huh

Read my above reply and your [fretful] response pretty much confirms you, yourself feel you may qualify for the ' culling'.

Originally posted by g146541
DING DING DING, We have a winner here folks!
You hit it on the nose there Red!
There are too many eaters that just might get out of hand and band together and overthrow the elite.

ATS: Absolute 'Tardation Society

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You think it's #in hilarious to throw up pictures of people with down syndrome and use it as an insult eh? Well # you, you are small minded, and I am sure it would be a lot more fun hanging with him than you, and that kid would be able to hold a much more intelligent conversation than you. Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but all the information you need to know about the "overpopulation" conspiracy is right here: www.overpopulationisamyth.com...

Overpopulation is a lie invented by Thomas Malthus back in the late 18th century when the global population was under 1 billion people. It was an eugenics ideology he spread to get rid of so-called "undesirables", like the poor, those of other ethnic groups, the diseased, those with mental illness, etc. In other words, overpopulation is the lie of bigots who should be subjected to the treatments they would show others, i.e. starvation, holding back of cures to illness and disease, sterilization, etc.

There is no food shortage, but an unequal distribution of food and other resources. The US grows most of the world's food, but we also "consume" about 50% of it, too. The reason consume is in quotation marks is because a good amount of that food is not actually eaten, it's wasted. Rich countries like the US and Britain throw away 1/2 of the food we have because we let it go to waste sitting on store shelves. The reasons countries like India and those in Africa are "scrambling" for resources is because they have governments who take food away from their citizens to feed the wealthy. In India, because of their caste system, the poor don't get food because they're so low on the scale. The rich won't go near them, not to help in any way. Anyone who does gets to starve to death, as well. They're called "untouchable" for a reason: they believe that if you touch them, you catch some sort of "poor disease" or some crud like that. In Africa, Joseph Kony and his mooks steal food and resources from villages so that they can use it to feed themselves so they can keep their power, as well as take down any other areas they decide they want to conquer. In other words, the lack of food and resources is due to severe unequal distribution due to politics and cultural bigotry.

We don't need so much farmland anymore, as we've recently found how to grow food in multi-level warehouses with minimal water usage. It's called urban farming, and it uses hydroponics and/or aeroponics. Also, barren land can be made farmable again, like it was in the Cerrado (Brazil) and Vanashree (Bangalore) by introducing vitamins to the soil, researching local flora, and introducing foods that can be grown in that climate and soil content. It takes a little work, but it can be done.

According to the U.N. Populations Division's low variant prediction, which has shown to be correct time and time again, global population will peak at 8 billion around 2045, and then fall from there. Unless Torchwood: Miracle Day happens to come true (by some freak coincidence), we won't be over-populated.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

i dont deny the fact that some land somewhere could support number x of people and all that bs, but do you really want to fill this planet with these whiny bastardos? really? i think that when we breed when we are too young it holds us back as a species. fathers should bee about 30-40 years old and wise and should breed with +- 20 year old fertile women. that would be the way to create more stabile people, like in the animal kindom, we are animals too, you dont see these young stupid males have offspring with the females, usually the slightly older ,bigger and stronger males get to breed... but no! some young dude has a shiny car and lots of green paper so it must be good for evolution and natural selection.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
over populated huh?
What about all that spare land being held by governments world wide?

Originally posted by TKDRL
Mine isn't. Most of it is unnoccupied.
Overpopulation is not a problem at all. It is our excessive waste and over use that is the problem.

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus

Sorry but you all are being myopic.

As I said .. it's not PHYSICAL SPACE that decides if the planet is overpopulated.
It's if the earth can SUSTAIN those that are on it. And this earth can not.

The 'good earth' is NOT rich. People are sucking the nutrients out of the ground and ocean at a massive rate. What we eat is no longer good for us but is empty. It's like we are eating and yet starving for vitamins and minerals at the same time.

Each person needs a certain amount of ground space to support them. Ground space to grow food, make air, make clothes, make medicines, etc etc.

Just to say .. everyone can fit in Texas so the world is not overcrowded .. that's myopic.

edit on 1/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I see this worrying trend on ATS and elsewhere that goes something along the lines of "The NWO/Bilderbergers/Elite/TPTB/They etc want to depopulate the planet, or push overpopulation as a big problem, and of course the predictable reaction by people who are opposed to these nefarious groups, people who say "overpopulation is a myth" etc.

This is f**king lunacy.

Overpopulation is not a myth

Get your heads around the fact that we as a species are destroying this jewel of a planet, it's ecosystems, it's bio-diversity. Whether you oppose the NWO or whoever or not does not change the fact that human beings by their very nature are, for the majority, only concerned about themselves, and if it wasn't for the work of a tiny amount of people many many more species would be committed to the void. This is something you never hear the likes of Alex Jones talking about, we are part of the symbiotic nature of life on Earth and we need to harmonize with nature or sooner or later we will be the undoing of ourselves.

We are draining this planet of it's resources at an incredible rate.

edit on 26-1-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join