It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overpopulation: The elephant in the room (Bindi Irwin Vs Hilary Clinton)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

"Bindi Irwin has clashed with US secretary of state Hillary Clinton after an essay she wrote for the former first lady's e-journal was heavily edited [...] after Irwin submitted the 1000-word essay, which focused on population growth, the secretary of state’s department reportedly edited it beyond recognition."

LINK

Seems only the younger generation want to acknowledge the real problem in the world today- the 'virus' known as the human species.

We search far and wide for solutions to our environmental degradation problems, a way to end starvation, how to avert wars... yet we're too scared to confront the root of the problem- the human delusion that we have some divine right to keep breeding like rodentia and that in some magical way the Earth will somehow tolerate our overwhelming numbers.

How embarrassing that it's taken a child to bring this into the public fora and for shame on the US government censors for trying to sweep this most pressing of issues under the carpet once again.

9 billion by 2025. Get ready for a mass, WWII- like culling. It's inevitable, one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

we're too scared to confront the root of the problem- the human delusion that we have some divine right to keep breeding like rodentia and that in some magical way the Earth will somehow tolerate our overwhelming numbers.

Plenty of room for 9 billion, and much more.

Maybe if advancements in technologies weren't shelved and locked away, we could expand beyond this planetary dwelling.... and litter the galaxy with McDonalds and Walmarts for many aliens to enjoy such bargains.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

go work for planned parenthood.
i'am sure they would love to have you.
maybe you could help them set another all time record for murder.

there is more than enough land in America alone to support billions.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
if there's one banker...then we have a population problem
all those who agree with this UN agenda crap
we won't stop you in solving your own proclaimed problems
build a spaceship and take off whenever you're ready
us humans
yeah us not with the UN
still wonder why planet bliss exiled you here...did planet bliss not know earth was doing fine without
bankers and UNfreaks
edit on 25-1-2013 by lasvegasteddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Should you expect anything less from a Bilderberger?

Hilary is just like her husband, both will try to screw you, and deny the fact after the deed is done. And some people actually want her as the next Prez?

Be afraid America, be very afraid.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: Syntax error

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

And I'll close with these words from the late Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. He said, “Unlike the plagues of the dark ages, or contemporary diseases which we do not yet understand, the modern plague of overpopulation is solvable with means we have discovered and with resources we possess. What is lacking is not sufficient knowledge of the solution, but universal consciousness of the gravity of the problem and the education of the billions who are its victims.”

So I hope I’ve made a reasonable case for my opening statement, that I think the greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand this very simple arithmetic.

Thank you very, very much.

The threat of our population growth is very real.

People can get all **** hurt all they want, just thinking about what 'it all means'. It still doesn't remove it from reality.
edit on 25-1-2013 by retirednature because: additional comment

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
We cannot ignore the reality of the rapid growth population will undergo
in the next 30-40 years, it will be hard but its an issue that will have to
be addressed one day.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

we're too scared to confront the root of the problem- the human delusion that we have some divine right to keep breeding like rodentia and that in some magical way the Earth will somehow tolerate our overwhelming numbers.

Maybe if advancements in technologies weren't shelved and locked away, we could expand beyond this planetary dwelling.... and litter the galaxy with McDonalds and Walmarts for many aliens to enjoy such bargains.

Mmmmmhm, this is truly the elephant in the room!
The facts that not only are we not overpopulated but this world could support many billions more!
Then you add on supressed technologies and the failed race to space.

OP, I heard years back that the WORLDS population could all fit into a landmass the size of Australia!!!
I did not believe it so I went to wiki and got the Square mileage of aussieland and the approximate number of folks on this rock.
And sure enough, there would be 1/4 acre for every man every woman and every child!!!
That is only one continent, i think we got a couple or few more to spare!!
Well cept the cold one down south and hey, maybe some folks want penguin yard pets?!

The earth is nowhere near overpopulated.
Bindi got bad intel and was young and dumb is all.

(Edit)
To all who have bought the lie that the earth is overpopulated, please do the math and see for yourself.
If the math still cannot convince you, I will agree and allow you to be the first saviour of humanity by you removing yourself from the gene poole.
edit on 25-1-2013 by g146541 because: In the immortal words of Bill Hicks, "Kill yourself"!!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

It's not a space issue.
Sure plenty of space, it's just that when you look how much 1 men has of an influence in the bigger picture.

In Holland we could just build every square meter with buildings & roads, we don't really need any farm land anymore. Food can be made in cheaper country's like Poland or wherever and we just import the food. Of course we also import oil and just every engergy need we may need. The trash we make, when not enough space or not really recyclable, enough space in Africa for big trash mountains. . The local people can even make some money from the trash (that's happening already).
All the stuff China makes, they don't care that much about the environment, but damn we got nice & cheap shoes and whatever! The oceans, are becoming more acid and full with plastic parts, but we don't need that either really, as long we can use it for crossing it with ships when needed, what's the issue?
And we still got pictures anyways from sea life, even video's! No lose when they go extinct, the more space for us!
edit on 25-1-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Not enough room for 9 billion ppl on earth is BS lie the elite want you to swallow, food is used as a weapon as is clean drinking water. A method of control. How much food is thrown away? How many crops rot because the farmers are instructed to let it happen?

Do not believe their lies and play into their trap do not give them what they want.

Mother Earth as plenty to go around.

Perhaps we should stop poisoning the oceans as a start?

edit on 25-1-2013 by Komonazmuk because: errors

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

You should set the example for everyone else to follow.

I'm all for exterminating humans, but population control is not a valid reason.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Crikey!

You little ripper!

Go Bindi Irwin. Hillary is flat out like a lizard drinking these days. No wonder she bumped her head.

edit- their teeth are razor sharp.
edit on 25-1-2013 by stuntmanbob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
This is the most taboo and difficult problem we face as humanity - there are simply too many of us. We are playing emus with our head in the sand, but this is one problem that is literally growing every day.

The irony of the human condition is that we have the intelligence to do almost anything we can imagine and yet all of this intelligence amounts to very little when we don't have the brains to realise that we need to stop having so many babies. We don't need to stop all together, but it is vital we admit to ourselves that one, maybe two kids is enough.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The World is NOT overpopulated...

In fact it is quite under-populated.

Do a simple comparison of population vs. land mass and you will see we are no where near being overpopulated.

The Earth's carrying capacity is close to 30 billion.

The myth of overpopulation is promoted by the elite because of a stealth agenda.

The Planet Earth, incidentally, produces enough food to feed THREE WORLDS equivalent to the Earth.

Where does it all go so that people starve to death?

Ask the ELITE...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Perhaps a nice example.

On Eastern Island, the people who lived there, cut the trees, they used the trees for everything.
But 1 day there was not 1 tree left, unrest and fights broke out because of it.
Everything was falling a apart and the population shrunk very fast.

Today nobody lives there, and still no trees to be found but a wise lesson for all of us.

When Easter Island was "discovered" by Europeans in 1722, it was a barren landscape with no trees over ten feet in height. The small number of inhabitants, around 2000, lived in a state of civil disorder and were thin and emaciated. Virtually no animals besides rats inhabited the island

Reminds me also about Europe, where almost all forest where once cut since wood was like oil today.
And in the end cities where full with rats where deceases had their change, giving a final blow.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Interplanetary establishments and you still want aliens working there.

I kid I kid.

I don't like the number of people we have at the moment, let alone wanting billions more. you wan't to live in a desert, be my guest. The coastlines are littered with rubbish, and the garbage they leave when they go home from the beach.

Sure I'll go first. But only if everyone else promises not to renege.

My carbon thong print (flip flop to you dirty heathens) is minuscule.

But I saw a guy on the train today. He was sitting there and giggling to himself. He was wearing a pretty blue baseball cap, flat rimmed, with the picture of a blue lake on it. A white shirt with his boobs hanging out and he was resting his plump little fingered hands on his bulbous belly. His headphones were pink and blue. Seriously. And they looked like someone had tried to stuff cadbury creme eggs into his ears.

reminded me of this

Now, you do realise he is the result of the the ipod generation. Wouldn't know a ball from a bottle of cola, and the closes thing to a bat is that exhausting WII controller. I felt sad as he grinned about whatever was creating the illusion of reality in his mind.

you want 2 billion more people making them?

What is wrong with you!!!!!

Ohh who'd be born a human... So long and thanks for all the fish..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

You should set the example for everyone else to follow.

I'm all for exterminating humans, but population control is not a valid reason.

It is for every other organism on the planet. Equilibrium in nature sorts out the issues.

You don't see the bears going "Hold on Trevor, we ate 4 fish yesterday. If you eat those we'll have none for tomorrow and we'll starve to death." - they simply starve to death if there are no resources for them to continue as a part of the environment.

Humans are the only animal that sits on his bum and gets pizza delivered. And then says "We need to cull those kangaroos because there's simply to many of them. It's impossible to play golf here."

I do like the typical "You do it then!" reply. Heyyy if the people with the solution all killed themselves, you lot would have no one to point fingers at

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
The World is NOT overpopulated...

In fact it is quite under-populated.

How do you come to that conclusion?

Do a simple comparison of population vs. land mass and you will see we are no where near being overpopulated.

The Earth's carrying capacity is close to 30 billion.

What about natural habitats of the worlds wild animals? - we are already causing mass extinctions on a scale never seen since the ice age.

The myth of overpopulation is promoted by the elite because of a stealth agenda.

What is this agenda you speak of? How would the elite benefit from less of us, when it is us, the not so rich that they reap their wealth from?

The Planet Earth, incidentally, produces enough food to feed THREE WORLDS equivalent to the Earth.

Where does it all go so that people starve to death?

Ask the ELITE...

So, the grain shortage mention below is imaginary?

www.abc.net.au...

Global climate change is making it harder every year for basic food crops to grow. Intensive farming practises rely on good old fossil fuels. We are now resorting to the dregs as far as oil goes, as the recent announcement of a discovery of a massive oil shale field in Aussie goes to show - all the 'easy' oil has been sucked out of the ground.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
my personal opinion is the world has been over populated for about 20 years. I wish that I personally can't wipe out enough the f****** population that human beings to go back to what's important in life. human beings are a virus a disease and need to be stopped before they continue to make the rest of us look bad. let's do this the way the Spartans did you get rid of any of useless people living pointless lives only consuming everything around me about returning anything. we should only be producing or keeping people with a higher intelligence I want or need to do something more for everybody and everything around them other than only benefiting themselves. I'm sure I'll get a rash crap for saying all this but either will be a lot of people ever would leave with me whether they mention that or not. It's the truth we tend to use the news news not care plastic for 100 percent non biodegradable but we used in everyday we have no concern for would end up in the damages do the world. 1 of the very first things we should be doing on this planet is preserving our planet stop producing plastics for everyday uses are disposable plastics. We should also focus more time on changing are saving the environment.

when I look at you mean being as a species when I look at who I am Who I want to be I tend to envision someone looking at us from historical stand point, when we read in our history book some of the things that our people have done in the past it's normally something that we are shame dove are we laugh at how some plumb steaks work. I can only imagine if aliens exist and they came to this planet I would be embarrassed and ashamed of what we as human race would represent. We would look like a bunch of parasites that destroy kill ourselves and our own planet..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973
How do you come to that conclusion?

By learning to believe the exact opposite of the propaganda.

What is this agenda you speak of? How would the elite benefit from less of us, when it is us, the not so rich that they reap their wealth from?

Agenda 21...

Don't even TRY to understand it unless you can come to terms with the FACT that everything is a lie.

So, the grain shortage mention below is imaginary?

NO...

There have never been food shortages, just a lack of distribution.

There have never been insurmountable distribution issues, just a lack of WILL to distribute.

Controlling food is just one of many ways of controlling the populace.

Those in control create these artificial shortages in order to carry out Agenda 21.

The problem of hunger today is not lack of food, but interference with distribution of food. In Africa, for example, which has experienced the worst famines in the last quarter of the 20th century, people starved not because there wasn’t enough food, but because of the actions taken by governments there to keep food out of the hands of people.

www.tennesseerighttolife.org...

"There have been famines and shortages in the world since the world began, but there never has been, and is not now, a World Food Shortage.

The World Food Shortage is a myth, and this myth has been steadily “plugged " by all the official channels of publicity, from Government White Papers and Controlled Press to the B.B.C., Cinema, " Educational " Literature, etc., etc., since Mr. Churchill's Labour-Coalition Government came to power in 1940." ~ W. L. RICHARDSON.

THE "World-Food-Shortage": a Communist-Zionist Plot

The success of using food as a weapon to control/punish/eliminate a people was first used by the Soviet Communists. Since then this has become a standard tool in the arsenal of communist regimes to control/punish/eliminate people, and has been used by such regimes such as China, North Korea, Ethiopia, Cambodia, Zimbabwe amongst others.

Artificial Famine/Genocide

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join