It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

points on RATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Why exactly can you not earn points on RATS?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
the answer is really above top secret sry...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Thats one of the best answers i have ever heard. Now someone who actually knows....

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Why exactly can you not earn points on RATS?

Last I knew you did. Maybe you're thinking about BTS?

Here's the FAQ on points: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Nope Atomix is right, you cannot earn points on RATS.

The reason i do not know, probably because its just for top secret stuff and the 3500 you pay is to have whatever you post in there protected from any search engines.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Probably to keep the forum on the right tracks. Some people are obsessed with earning points and will post anything just to earn them. By not permitting points to be earnt in rats reduces those kinds of posters therefore keeping the integrity of rats by only attracting those who really have something to say.

So i gathered. I think.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yeah Atomix, you really shouldnt be bothered about the points its not exactly going to get much if you have loads of them, i agree no one should earn points from RATS its for specific sensitive information.

If you want alot of points find something controversial put some effort into creating a good post with alot of depth in it and your points will come flooding in, but that isnt the point(getit
) you should just be posting your opinions and reading other peoples posts dont worry about raking in the points my friend it doesnt make a difference on here one bit.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
Probably to keep the forum on the right tracks. Some people are obsessed with earning points and will post anything just to earn them. By not permitting points to be earnt in rats reduces those kinds of posters therefore keeping the integrity of rats by only attracting those who really have something to say.

So i gathered. I think.

I'd buy that. I just had my first big thread that blew up my points count. I had no idea that an interesting topic could affect ATS points so dramatically. Now that I see the effects, I could see why someone would keep making posts that start out 'WTF' or 'WARNING:' just to get responses and points. (No WTF or WARNING at the beginning of my thread BTW, just interesting subject content and good timing).

RATS is not the place for that. No point mining there. In fact, it does not seem nearly as active as the rest of the board since folks only post there to get specific questions answered by top-tier participants and the discussions don't tend to either ramble or diverge into flame-fests there.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
he is a point rat like me

we love points so he is asking this question...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
he is a point rat like me

we love points so he is asking this question...

If you were such a point rat youd know there are very few points awarded for posting in Board Questions and Business.

Edit...got 1 on this post!!

[Edited on 28-10-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

If you were such a point rat youd know there are very few points awarded for posting in Board Questions and Business.

Edit...got 1 on this post!!

[Edited on 28-10-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

ok i am a point rat and a helper of the newbz...

top topics

join