It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Years of being nosey. Hundreds of threads read. I live in Canada, and I hate soup!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Greetings from the cold barren north everyone!

Maybe not quite so barren but most definatley cold! I just want to start off by saying i've been snooping here for a long time and i've come to thoroughly enjoy this beautiful monstrosity of a website known as ATS. I'd also like to give a shout out and nice big thank you to past and present members for keeping it real and keeping this place one of the most intriguing places to conduct independant or personal research into a plethora of exhilarating topics.

Now about me. I am a 25 year old male from Ontario,Canada. Like most people on this site I simply became interested in ATS because everytime i'd google something interesting and not related to the main stream realm of science I'd almost always end up here in my journey. I just recently decided to become a member and finally post because I simply decided it was time. Ive had first hand experience with the paranormal or the paranotnormal and i've witnessed 2 UFO's which i'm entirely sure were human engineered but UFO's non the less. These are both difference experiences i'd love to share and talk about once I can post my own threads.

Growing up in a fairly remote boring place in northern Canada to a very religious christian family, when I had spare and free time I often found myself researching and exploring topics previously unknown to me. My father is a christian minister and my mother sang in the church choir. Sunday was a busy day and because of this we always had soup and sandwhiches after church, forever killing my love of soup. May you rest in peace soup and in the tummys of those who can still stomach you! Anways I was brought up in the christian faith but my views and opionions regarding it have drastically changed and I look forward to discussing that with other members here. I'm simply a lover not a hater, unless it's soup!

Along with that I've spent countless hours here over the past 8 years seeking information regarding everything and anything unknown to me. For 4 of those years I worked as a network analyst and was fortunate enough to keep ATS fired up 9 hours a day on my work pc or laptop. I can honestly say there isn't a forum on here that i haven't viewed and enjoyed multiple times. Sadly the work there really wasn't for me and these days working underground, I just simply dont have that luxioury anymore. Although I still find myself snooping daily once I get home or often before I head in for a shift. So to conclude thanks for taking to time to read this and to say hello. I look forward to jumping into the action and finally being able to stand here and Deny Ignorance with you all.

Farewell and Godspeed - May the Jesters dance

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Home-made soup or that yucky canned stuff? I make a DELICIOUS roasted vegetable soup that my husband simply cannot get enough of!! I think you should give soup another chance!

Welcome to ATS - look forward to your threads.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I like homemade soups. They are one of the healthiest meals there are. Some of the organic canned soups aren't bad either. I gained muscle weight and lost inches eating soup, you can eat quite a bit of soup in a day and only eat six hundred calories and be full.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
35 below here on Georgian bay (c or f, not much difference
)
soup tastes pretty good - beef consume a little vodka and a hb quails egg
mmmm good

welcome to the hot seats

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Welcome home, you're stuck her now

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
"Soup is Good Food!"

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Both, and all kinds of home made soup actually from meat based to veggie based and everything in between. Even my mother in law gets appalled when I refuse to eat her soup but I always tell her i'll try it if she'll strain it for me and always re-explain how solid soup sundays for years " brought meh down ". I'm not to sure why it got to the point it did in all honesty. If it was the fact I knew comming home i'd be eating soup again or how much it bothers me to eat water. I've never been a big fan of liquidy foods though truth be told. Even watery/liquidy pasta sauce bothers me. I'm not much of a horse fan either, but thats another story. Talk about a first world problem huh?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I most definatley agree with you regarding its health and nurtition benefits and the fact it packs alot of punch and fills you up. Especially how healthier soups can provide a low calorie count. I'll eat soup if theres no liquid in it but at that point its not really soup anymore and just boiled deliciousness in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJestersDance

*waves

well as a fellow Canadian I'd like to add that if Montel and Lalanne can make liquified meals then there has got to be a way to perhaps make pizza that tastes like .....soup.

Someone call Dalton. (not the Canadian politician, but the other guy--the chef).

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

-22'C here about 50KM NW of Sudbury, was -41'C this morning with this windchill. I must say I do enjoy beef and vodka, maybe different types of alternative soups is something I can maybe consider. I'll normally give any food a shot atleast once. Good thing its cold up here, ive seen how hot these seats can get!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Thanks sylent6. I've been stuck here for a long time. Stuck so bad it took me nearly a decade to finally say hello!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

the ( nice and hot ) beef consume w/ vodka garnished with a hb quails egg is called a bullshot
a nice drink for those that don't like soup

at least the sun was out today

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hey jude11, I'm always open to suggestions and willing to try something new. So if you know good soup cuz I most clearly dont and have any recipe or suggestions for me to try im open ears. Can't garuntee i'll like it but i'll try it. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

* Waves back *

I agree with what you have to say, but I dont know how I feel about the food I love most(pizza) merging with the beast i've come to hate(soup).

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

c'mon, tomato soup with oregeno, garlic an basil with dumplings filled with gooey mozz cheese.

You'd love it. mmmmm

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Never heard of it before but I am intruiged and may consider trying it out or a slight variant of it this weekend. Sounds like something you could sit back with and enjoy while out on the lake ice fishing or up at the camp during the summer, a solid year round drink. Ya it was nice to see the sun through a clear sky but you Gotta love how that cold winter wind doesn't let you feel it!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

Mmmmm I love cheese filled dumplings. Absolutely Adore them as does my stomach. I could also see myself eating a slight variant of that by either adding a roux or tomato paste to thicken it up. I think it's probably psychological and I associate any sort of watery runny food to a soup like base and right away I lose interest in eating it. I'll eat yogurt or ice cream and when in mood devour watermelon. Who knows though it took me 8 years if not longer to make an account and start posting. Maybe I might wake up one morning with a love for soup reInstilled in my life. But I can't say I'd hold my breath for it to happen - i'd be passed out within 2 minutes!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Welcome TheJestersDance To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Hey, TheJestersDance! I dig your prose man.
Welcome my friend...
I, too, waited many years to join.
Im glad you have decided to take the plunge.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Greetings and welcome fellow Canuck! I awoke to -27 during the night and was so cold that all I could do was to pray the power would not fail us, as I winter wussed and shivered away. I seldom have soups either, especially chicken noodle that I learned to despise as a child. However I bought all sorts of ingredients to make soup in anticipation of this cold session.

I like to add lemon to my bowl of tomato soup.

Hmm, Danbones, You've given me an idea. I recently saw a science program that showed how alcohol does not make you feel the cold as much. Maybe I'll try a little drop of rum in my bowl of soup. I sometimes add a little to my coffee, but why not the soup, eh?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join