It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Depression Natural?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Ralphy

It's lack of dopemine and other brain chemicals that induce euphoria.

True if you mean the mindset depression that causes chemical depression. But you can have a very depressed mindset and experiance a very dark outlook on what is around you while the body is bliss full and even euphoric. But that has to do with changes in how the body works and I guess it is the pineal gland that is one of the factor.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I had a dream last year where some kind of "entity" said the following to me.

"Neither money nor depression are real, which makes the fact that people experience one because of the lack of the other quite laughable."

I even made a post about it, because I hardly ever remember my dreams and it was so unusual to me. Here's a link to the original post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It is natural and you dont need a pill to fix it.

You just need to grow up... and exercise.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Situational depression, yes that is natural. Clinical depression is what I have and it's totally different. Everyday is a struggle. Life can be going great for me yet inside it's still an awful feeling. For the most part I have a good life, no more problems than the next person and I still suffer from this. So I def believe it can be caused by chemical imbalance. I am on an ssri and yes it's helping a little, but my quest for a natural way to feel better is never ending. I will def give this hydration thing a try and I just recently started another vitamin regimen that was mentioned in a diff thread. I'd love to get out of the pill game.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
On the question of "Does tea dehydrate" there are different answers on the web. It seems like many sources say it doesn't, but lots of those seem to be on tea-advertising websites (ha!). It seems logical that if you're a tea drinker and love it, drinking lots of water as well would solve any doubt about its dehydration effect. I can't personally talk about this question, as I'm not a tea drinker (maybe had a handful of cups in my life, and even less coffee. I used to get my constant caffeine buzz from Pepsi, Doc Pepper, and the other crewmembers of the bad ship soda).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join