It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur historian discovers unknown 19th Century President

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Perhaps this occured in an alternate reality. One of many within the multiverse in which we reside.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well, I'm not even an amateur historian, and I found him. Yes there was one. David Rice Atchison, a 19th-century U.S. Senator best known for the claim that he served as Acting President of the United States on March 4, 1849.

Feel free to send gifts, congratulations, and gold to me. I'll open them as soon as I can get rid of the dozen or so adoring women who refuse to leave my side (or put their clothes back on). It's a tough life I tell you.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think y'all got Sidd Finch'd

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Looking at the time stamps I think our posts just overlapped.

Originally posted by circuitsports

Originally posted by johncarter
The ignorance these kids show sometimes, is really astounding.

and the arrogance of people using google to fake expert and take cheap shots on ATS is just commonplace..

That's a cheap shot itself. I was under the impression that the ATS Motto was th "Deny Ignorance." Well? Let's see some. First of all, the subject of the thread portrays ignorance. There was no such person. If you'd actually read the cited artilce you would know that. Secondly, the insistence that George Washington was not the first President of the US is not simply a google search, but a matter of being educated in the issue. The first time I heard of this, for example, was on a television program where it was acted out--on a black & white TV. It's not as if this is a new issue.

The thing is, if you don't point this out, then people are left with a false imprerssion, going around and saying, "Hey! Did you know there was this Preident that no one has ever heard of? Hey! Did you know George Washington wasn't the first President?"

"Where did you find this out?"

"On ATS!"

So what are we supposed to do? Do you want those who know to just let it go and allow ATS to spread lies and falsehood? Do you want ATS to be a laughingstock as far as journalistic integrity is concerned? To be chastized for telling the truth seems to me to be the opposite of what ATS was designed to do.

If that's your idea of denying ignorance, then you are what you are complaining about.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I'm English and my understanding of American history come mainly from the Simpsons and a ouple of Bill Bryson books but If someone asked me If there was a Potus called Franklin Marshall I would have definatley said yes?

Was there a famous statesman, general or some other public figure with that name?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think y'all got Sidd Finch'd

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Yeah, right....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join