It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur historian discovers unknown 19th Century President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Just happened to be listening to a local public radio station the other day and they were talking about a President Franklin Marshal. I have never heard of a President Franklin Marshall and nothing immediately jumps up on a search here about him. If anyone has any further information about him, please share.

They exist in a netherworld of history: the obscure 19th Century US Presidents. Men who may have been well-known in their time -- although not necessarily -- but who now couldn't scare up a biographer, let alone a Ken Burns documentary. Who today can quote a speech from Van Buren or either of the Harrisons, name the Polk or Taylor Doctrine -- if there was one -- or think of a scandal or success from the Fillmore, Pierce, Hayes, or Arthur administrations? And who would care to? But these men are Roosevelt's and Reagan's compared to President Franklin Marshall, possibly the most-obscure of them all, and for whom the historical record is so scant, you might even question whether he existed at all. But Franklin Marshall has found his Boswell at last in Barry Cutler, an actor and amateur historian who lives in Palm Desert.

To read the rest www.scpr.org...
edit on 24-1-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

Pretty odd for there to be little to no records of this man ever being president -- IF indeed he was.

Strange one, this.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You are not joking. There isn't even a Wikipedia entry when I searched, "President Franklin Marshall"!!!!

That's a bit odd, considering he was a real POTUS. Wow, I guess the intro to the movie Ted was right:

No matter how big a splash you make in this world whether you're Corey Feldman, Frankie Muniz, Justin Bieber or a talking teddy bear, eventually, nobody gives a...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I am curious if he sold Bridges for a living or if you do...

This really smells like a HOAX or something like the King of New York/Brooklyn or Emperor Norton but less well known...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 24-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Maybe it was just wishful thinking. Maybe he was running for president, and was just getting ahead of himself, making preparations. He may have put all his time and effort into preparing for after the win, and not enough time actually campaigning, thus losing.

Kinda like how immediately after the Super Bowl, or World Series, they already have the shirts declaring the winner. But but but how do they do that? It's easy. Half the shirts they've already made are completely incorrect.

He was preparing his victory speech. Sewing his name into some presidential handkerchiefs, etc...... lol. Obviously, that's one possible theory.

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

You are not joking. There isn't even a Wikipedia entry when I searched, "President Franklin Marshall"!!!!

That's a bit odd, considering he was a real POTUS.
That↑ has brought me so much amusement that I can't really tell if you're being serious, or if it's just sarcasm..... I really would like to know.

edit on 1/24/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

There has never been a President named Franklin Marshall.

More here at the source that knows all presidents in US history first hand.

More here white house

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
LMAO...

I was just about to post a list of the former US Presidents. Nope not a thing.

I did find a Thomas R. Marshall, who was Vice President under Woodrow Wilson. That's about it.

Yeah, he doesn't have a Wikipedia entry because HE DOESNT EXIST!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Perhaps he was "vaporized"...

The Illuminati are EXPERTS at rewriting history and making facts disappear.

The art of propaganda through falsification of history has been around for most of recorded history.

“He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future.” ~ George Orwell

Rewriting History and Making Facts Disappear

An unperson is a person who has been "vaporized"; who has been not only
killed by the state, but effectively erased from existence. Such a
person would be written out of existing books, photographs, and articles
so that no trace of their existence could be found in the historical
record. The idea is that such a person would, according to the
principles of doublethink, be forgotten completely (for it would be
impossible to provide evidence of their existence), even by close
friends and family members.

Making the Historical truth Disappear:

"The falsification of history has done more to impede human development than any one thing known to mankind" - Rousseau

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

"The model of human prehistory built-up by scholars over the past two centuries is sadly and completely wrong, and a deliberate tool of disinformation and mind control. ...they demonstrate a systematic destruction of proofs that show another reality than that the official story. Falsifications and even destruction of such proofs has been common for more than two hundred years." LINK

"Throughout recorded history, the Illuminati has successfully withheld from humankind major aspects of history and science in order to subjugate the masses"

Secrets of Suppressed Science and History

edit on 24-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
franklin marshall davis= barack ocommie

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Pretty odd for there to be little to no records of this man ever being president -- IF indeed he was.

Strange one, this.

The whole thing is very odd, what better place for it to be discussed

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

And that lists Washington as the first president when there were 14 before him.....

www.freerepublic.com...

I am sure the people researching the matter are going a little deeper than the official list of presidents.

I'm not saying the guy exists but if he was campaigning against manifest destiny that could be a pretty powerful motive to nullify his exposure.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports

And that lists Washington as the first president when there were 14 before him.....

www.freerepublic.com...

I am sure the people researching the matter are going a little deeper than the official list of presidents.

I'm not saying the guy exists but if he was campaigning against manifest destiny that could be a pretty powerful motive to nullify his exposure.

The presidents before him were presidents of the Continental Congress which was designated by the Articles of Confederation, buddy.

Did you ever study American history, or did you spend your time oogling the girls in class, while rest of class were enlightening themselves with the proud history of USA?
edit on 24-1-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
whoa stand back! Disney bad ass from Mars up in here....take your lame arrogance to other threads and people who care.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
First off, this is fake. I cannot determine if it was meant to be a joke, or a hoax. Whoever ran this story either got sucked in big time, or they are part of the joke. Maybe the man did exist, and maybe he was even president of something or some organization, but not of the United States. It would be virtually impossible for someone to become elected without there being any press documentation. And we know he was not a Vice President that came into office after the death of a President. This is just silly.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

www.freerepublic.com...

Only if you play fast and loose with your definitions. The previous "presidents" were presidents of the Continental Congress established by the Articles of Confederation, which governed a loose alliance of the colonies, which were considered independent and soverign states. George Washington was the first President of the Federal Republic established with the adoption of the US Constitution. Prior to that time there was no United States of America.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

www.freerepublic.com...

Only if you play fast and loose with your definitions. The previous "presidents" were presidents of the Continental Congress established by the Articles of Confederation, which governed a loose alliance of the colonies, which were considered independent and soverign states. George Washington was the first President of the Federal Republic established with the adoption of the US Constitution. Prior to that time there was no United States of America.

Thank you Shuyler. You just said the same thing I did, but more eloquently. The ignorance these kids show sometimes, is really astounding.

edit on 24-1-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The ignorance these kids show sometimes, is really astounding.

and the arrogance of people using google to fake expert and take cheap shots on ATS is just commonplace..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

whoa stand back! Disney bad ass from Mars up in here....take your lame arrogance to other threads and people who care.

And god that movie was awful to boot.

Every time I see or am reminded of that movie, I have to read it's title in the voice of Arnold from Terminator, which really pisses me off.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There was mention of the Book Feud of Versailles, Kentucky. It seems while there were Kentucky feuds, that one didn't happen??

From the article,

"Because of his lack of popularity, the biography had to be privately printed and only 1,500 copies were produced. Of these, only 43 are known to have been sold. The balance were burned several years later during a severe winter in the president's home town, Findlay, Ohio, or Kokomo, Indiana. Two copies were in the Versailles, Ky. Public Library but were stolen during the 1902 Book Feud"
edit on 24-1-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
First off, this is fake.

Any reason in particular that we should believe a "Counter-Disinfo Agent & Spelling bee champien"?

So is all of history BTW...

Of course you knew that already being a "Disinfo Agent" and all...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join