It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think Hugo Chavez (Venezuelan President) May Have Died....?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The following video was posted, apparently from Cuba, where I guess he was being treated. And some people I think are accusing Cuba of covering it up.

Not sure, don't ask me, just wanted to post it as news(?)...

EDIT: Also, from reading comments in Spanish, some are saying that the President of Argentina went to Cuba, apparently dressed for the occasion, with flowers and stuff...

Dunno folks, strange....

EDIT2: As early as 2 days ago, this from the BBC:
www.bbc.co.uk...
Hugo Chavez 'in physiotherapy', says Bolivia's Morales
edit on Thu Jan 24th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

EDIT3: so yeah if video was posted 2 weeks ago, this could be a hoax. Either that or an orchestrated coverup.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Looks like the video was posted two weeks ago.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Welp. Its from weeks ago. Gonna go ahead and call fake.

ಠ_ಠ

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
You wouldn't know, the crap we see on the MSM could be old footage. Its possible but without any more information, I'm sticking to a hoax.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Oh noooooo... This is my sad Huge Chavez is dead face

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Uh oh, we might have us a hot one here, this COULD be a coverup, and that could be real.

It’s impossible to imagine a political situation so lawless, scary and downright surreal - unless you are a citizen of Venezuela, where the apparent death throes of Hugo Chavez are unlike anything that even the continent of magical realism has ever seen before. Monday marked the 42nd day since Chavez departed for Cuba, saying he was to undergo new surgery for the cancer he has battled for more than 18 months; it was the 11th day since his presidential term expired and he failed to appear for the inauguration of a new one.

During that time Venezuelans have heard and read no words and seen no photographs of their ruler - not even a tweet. But his closest aides have been regularly trooping to Havana for meetings with Raul and Fidel Castro, who are openly steering Venezuela’s crisis. Last week Chavez’s vice president, Nicolas Maduro, produced what he said was a Chavez-signed decree appointing a new foreign minister, prompting a furious debate about whether the purported signature - the closest thing to a Chavez sign of life since Dec. 10 - was authentic.

www.silive.com...

Read that article...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Huh.......no word from him since then? We can hope!!! Then again, wasn't Castro supposed to be dead before, too? Of course, we had a politician out of sight for a couple of weeks from something here, recently. Hard to say what is real these days.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
wow. just wow, if it has happend.

did he want to lead again?, maybe he is just bowing out and dying is easier than explaining you quit heh?

wouldnt be the first staged death.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

All I have to say about it........

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I am going to say the image looks photoshopped. The eyes are not closed. A body prepared for burial in any country would have eyes closed. The face also shows some muscular tension through the mouth and cheek area that a corpse would not display. There appears to be some sort of formal ribbon or whatever it is called, draped over the shoulder. I would say this is some sort of image, snapped from a vantage point below a podium, retouched to darken it. Lastlty, the body appears to me to be floating in the casket. There is shadow, but not enough depression into the pillow for a grown human male.

Photoshopped. I am betting if someone looked hard enough, you could find a ceremonial type image this was taken from.

My 0.05. Inflation and all.

edit on 24-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

ETA: Link to still used in video. Appears to be the same regalia he was wearing in a televised speech from last year.

imgur.com...

And a video of him with a pic wearing the regalia...

www.youtube.com...

And another lol this time with the regalia on the correct shoulder.

www.golf.com...
edit on 24-1-2013 by Libertygal because: ok I am done now lol

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Thanks for digging that full pic up Libertygal, and btw, love your username!

So now that we can see the full pic, still think it's photoshopped? Upon first looks to me, that lighting looks pretty dead on and consistent, and I think the impression of the body is visible now in the linen of the coffin... Hmm...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Libertygal

Thanks for digging that full pic up Libertygal, and btw, love your username!

So now that we can see the full pic, still think it's photoshopped? Upon first looks to me, th
at lighting looks pretty dead on and consistent, and I think the impression of the body is visible now in the linen of the coffin... Hmm...

Thanks!

Yes, I still think so. Been trying to find the video of the speech where he was wearing that regalia. Best image so far was that last one from golf.com.

I am guessing someone grabbed a still from that video, or found some flicker snaps or something someone took. If you zoom in on the still shot, even on my phone, I can see his eyes are open someone just darkened them. He may have been looking down, reading, or in prayer, but his eyes are not closed. The eye on your left, his right, clearly shows iris.

If I wasn't lazy, I would get on my computer and find the video. Lol, but it is almost bedtime. Perhaps the folks that are good with photoshop can plug in that image I linked and take a look. I downloaded it to my phone in case it disappears, but not sure if that adds or strips info from the exif data. That's why I gave links, instead.

ETA: also, if you look at his left shoulder, where the ribbon is, there is a lot of blur there, for what appears to be no reason. Also, low in the imjur pic, there is something there that got cut off. Flowers? Maybe. Paper? Could be.

edit on 24-1-2013 by Libertygal because: ETA

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Sadly acording to Wikileaks Argentina he died: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hmm check out this pic. I think we have a winner, folks!

www.diarioveloz.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Venezuela's Chavez is not dead and not in a coma, his brother says !
on a personal note i really hope he recover from this becouse its a great personality and takes care of the less fortuned
Venezuela's Chavez is not in a coma, his brother says

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I hope he is ok.

He has done so much for the poor in his nation. A great man.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
3 reasons why he is regarded as an enemy of america

1...he doesn't like the way the government of america treats its people, or its foreign policy.
2...he took over american oil corporations and the profits go to the people.
3...he helps the poor with medical , food, and housing programs, from the profits of oil.
these are all anti-american

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
BBC posted this 5 hours ago, looks like Chavez is still among the living, this is not talking about the casket picture but another one that was posted in Spain's newspaper and is apparently fake.

Spain's El Pais apologises for false Hugo Chavez photo

The photo shows a man in hospital with a tube in his mouth and was printed on the front page with the headline: "the secret of Chavez's illness

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Supposedly it's a fake video just showed my 50 year old mother and she said " noooo that's fake it's a video from 1990 something of a Mexican dead not Hugo "

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
To update this further, here is a video interview in Spanish from a Panamanian ex-ambassador, who is claiming that his inside government and military sources have told him that Chavez died about Dec. 30 or 31 in Cuba. He says that all the media has been putting out lies in the video, covering up his death, because of power struggles within the Venezuelan government (I speak Spanish).

And it's hard to refute, because no one has been able to produce a picture of him since that time. The Panamanian guy taunts the government as well, saying "PRODUCE A PICTURE, PRODUCE CHAVEZ"... and then saying "YOU CAN'T, cause he's dead, and BEEN dead." He goes on to say that he is a journalist now, and would never lie about it, although he still refused to divulge his military and/or governmental sources to the lady doing the interview.

edit on Thu Feb 28th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join