It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North korea Nuke threat to USA.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
North Korea can't even feed it's own people, let alone reliably launch a rocket.

Just FYI, that is due to the sanctions you have placed on them...

Yeah.

Right.

Any excuse is better than none, I suppose.

If they're all that big and bad, why don't they just put some sanctions right back on US? Maybe they can starve us out without having to mess up their scary nukes.

Seriously - if they can talk crap about nuking another country, if they've got that kind of raw power, why not just sanction us first and starve us out, saving all that valuable fissionable material?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I am not. There isn't any internet connection there anyway.

And I was replying to another member who started talking about Iran, I think you should ask him this question.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

North Korea can't even feed it's own people, let alone reliably launch a rocket.

Seriously - if they can talk crap about nuking another country, if they've got that kind of raw power, why not just sanction us first and starve us out, saving all that valuable fissionable material?

Are you being serious?

Comparing US economic power with NK?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i feel like they would fire it up in the air and it would just fall right back down on top of them

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Lets do this.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
Because America is the biggest and baddest dog on the block. That's why. That's how the world works, has always worked and will continue to work. Don't like it? Tough. We didn't make the rules, just play by them.

Right. Anyway, enjoy your superpower status, it won't be much longer until you lose it.

Thanks. We're living it up. Empires come and go. History will tell you that. Just hope the next one is as nice as we are. I don't think your precious Kim Jong-Un is going to like when you complain because you're starving to death and can't get on the internet anymore to voice your opinions about anything- other than how great the Great Leader is. LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Hey, I just thought, maybe the U.S. should have pulled all our troops home after WWII and let the Soviets have everything. I'm sure your quality of life would be much better than it is now.

Quit trying to bite the hand that feeds you. No, I literally mean that. The U.S. is the world's breadbasket. Without us and our good will millions, if not billions, would starve. And we are so nice, that we continued to sell grain to the Soviets during the Cold War. Hmmmm. . . we sure are a bunch of evil devils.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I am not. There isn't any internet connection there anyway.

And I was replying to another member who started talking about Iran, I think you should ask him this question.

You're right - I should.

Dear Seekeroftruth101 -

Why on Earth did you bring Iran into this discussion? Haven't they got enough troubles of their own, without being stood up beside North Korea so we can laugh at them, too?

Here's the skinny - at least North Korea actually has tested a nuke. An itty, bitty weak one, but a nuke all the same. Iran is allegedly still "working on" theirs. If then North Korea is a joke (which it really, really IS!) what would that make Iran?

See the sort of negative publicity you may be bringing to bear on those poor beleaguered Persians?

ETA: After further review of that conversation I butted into, it appears that everyone is trying to wipe everyone off of some map. GlaDOS and Seeker are BOTH wiping maps, and it appears that GlaDOS wiped the first map, by asking what gives us the right to "wipe countries off the map".

Stop it. No one is wiping any maps. Not us, not Iran, not Israel, not North Korea. Out of that list, the US would be the closest to capable, and we can't do it. We could likely destroy them as a viable political entity for decades to come, but no maps would be wiped in the production of that wasteland. Their entire population could not be killed off, either.

So just give up on the map wiping.

edit on 2013/1/24 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

Again, I have never praised NK leaders.

And I have no problem with WW2. That was a justifiable war with a declaration. What I am talking about are picking on smaller countries and drone bombing their civilians.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Please don't synonymise Iran with Persians. Only 51% of Iranians are Persians.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Got to, so that folks don't confuse them with Arabs just because they're mostly Muslims. Arabs get pretty riled if you confuse the two.

See how confusing that can get?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Why does NK seem to have a death wish? I don't understand why they continue to try to piss off a country that could obliterate them beyond belief... If anything, these stubborn leaders within NK are just putting their whole population at risk. Obviously no one wants another war or conflict, but USA has proven that when they feel threatened they will act. I just don't get it...

edit on 24-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Are you being serious?

Comparing US economic power with NK?

Oh yes, absolutely! I'm as serious as a heart attack!

They either have the power to walk the walk, or they don't. If they're just flapping their gums, just talking the talk, then they really ARE just yappy little chihuahuas.

Down on the farm, they've got a saying - "if you wanna run with the big dogs, you'd better learn to piss on the tall trees."

If you can't run with the big dogs, then your better off staying on the porch.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Life isn't fair. The sooner you accept it the happier you will be. The utopian world you want doesn't and will never exist.

And maybe if the terrorists wouldn't hide out in hospitals and residential neighborhoods then civilians wouldn't be killed. And here's a thought- are they really civilians when they harbor terrorists?

And here's something- this thread is about North Korea. We haven't killed any citizens there. Yet. Although their government has said they would like to kill ours.

I notice you try to hide the country of your origin. Why? I'm sure your nation is not a pure white, blemish free sacrificial lamb. Everyone's got skeletons in their closet.

edit on 24-1-2013 by chrome413 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

It does seem they are "pushing our buttons." Maybe they are trying to give us a reason to start a "nuclear war," and make the U.S. seem like the ring leader.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Happy1

The LAST thing China want's is a WAR with the U.S.

What is the very first thing the U.S. would do at the start of such a war?

Answer...it would stop payments on all loans given to it from China and stop all shipments of Chinese Goods headed to the U.S.

Such a war would collapse the Chinese Economy in a WEEK!

No, not a week but months, the Chinese do have a very substantial domestic economy.

But, US attack subs could easily sink most oil tankers heading into China, reducing their oil by half or so---whatever they make themselves and can get by pipeline from Russia. (those could be bombed too, but that's pretty provocative).

Subs only have to attack one or two, and the shipping companies will stay away.

Chinese could and would turn nationalist and order their industries to concentrate on domestic demand & production and not exports, and people would accept the economic pain, but the lack of oil would be serious. We wouldn't have iPhones and laptops either for 9 months.

They would be faced with having to make a lose-lose nuclear threat.
edit on 24-1-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Maybe not, the Chinese have been prepping for ages, their not buying tonnes on tonnes of Gold because they like shiny stuff.

They havn't tripled their import of rice for no reason

They don't tell their citizens to buy gold for no reason

They are PREPPING and the Chinese Govt don't put their citizens on a terro-rist watch list for doing it

Their economy will be in better shape than others

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

61% and the largest ethnic group by far.

Persian 61%, Azeri 16%, Kurd 10%, Lur 6%, Baloch 2%, Arab 2%, Turkmen and Turkic tribes 2%, other 1%

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity-- someone more knowledgeable than myself-- please tell me what would be the political consequences for the US if we nuked these fanatics back into the stone age, ASAP?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
Just out of curiosity-- someone more knowledgeable than myself-- please tell me what would be the political consequences for the US if we nuked these fanatics back into the stone age, ASAP?

I'd be more concerned with environmental consequences.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join