It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end is very near

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
They are also clothed in ignorance! They are sheep being led by unruly deceitful shepards that has made them fearful, greedy and self-centered, prideful, warmongers.

If even 1/2th of the so called Christians stood up and said NO! I will not fight my Brothers I will turn my cheek instead!

Wars would cease...

If only 1/4th of the so called Christians stood up and said NO! I will be not greedy! I will feed and clothe the poor!

Poverty would cease...

I could go on and on...but to me a Rapture will not occur for an 1/8th or even a 1/16th of these so called "Christians"!

So few would be "Caught up" that would not be noticed....

edit on 24-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Do you even read what you post? You claim that a sixteenth of the population can somehow, by their actions, prevent the 15/16'ths from ruining everything? Really? FYI, Christians DO clothe and feed the poor. You clearly either have no idea, or pretend to not know, how many churches run food pantries, clothing closets, and more, for those in need. Plus, it isn't christian churches that start wars, but secular governments.

Your bias is showing. Might want to adjust that.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Why do Christians believe they are going to escape this mess most of them made?

Why do they think they will escape tribulation?

Why do they need to feel they need to be rescued by Jesus?

Why do only about 1/6 of the world's population think they are God's chosen and what...to hell with the rest?

Why do they believe that Jesus will not destroy every single Christian for not being good stewards of this beautiful Planet?

If Jesus does return I think the Christians will have a lot of explaining to do on why his home was robbed, gutted and pretty much burnt to the ground by them...

...and the anti-Christian bigotry rears its head. You are SO wrong, it's sad that you can't even see it. Christians are not responsible for all the woes of the world, while the rest simply hang around as poor little victims. What a crock! The fact that the United States slides more and more into decline, the more that people turn from Christianity, is more than enough proof that you, as usual of the anti-religious crowd, have everything all backwards and upside down.

Now, do you have anything relevant to the actual thread to add?

The End is not at hand unless we want it to be and if it is we all go down the tube there is no secret escape, no rapture, no get out of Earth Free card. That is a fairy story!

I am challenging Christians to stop feigning weakness to be saved. If they believe in Christ they are already saved that still does not help this planet.

Have you been outside this Country? The world has been ravaged but actually in some places it is getting better! The US is in decline not because of people turning away from Christianity but from involvement all across the board. As with most civilizations they ebb and flow. Is Europe gone? LOL they turned away a lot longer then the US...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

They are also clothed in ignorance! They are sheep being led by unruly deceitful shepards that has made them fearful, greedy and self-centered, prideful, warmongers.

If even 1/2th of the so called Christians stood up and said NO! I will not fight my Brothers I will turn my cheek instead!

Wars would cease...

If only 1/4th of the so called Christians stood up and said NO! I will be not greedy! I will feed and clothe the poor!

Poverty would cease...

I could go on and on...but to me a Rapture will not occur for an 1/8th or even a 1/16th of these so called "Christians"!

So few would be "Caught up" that would not be noticed....

Do you even read what you post? You claim that a sixteenth of the population can somehow, by their actions, prevent the 15/16'ths from ruining everything? Really? FYI, Christians DO clothe and feed the poor. You clearly either have no idea, or pretend to not know, how many churches run food pantries, clothing closets, and more, for those in need. Plus, it isn't christian churches that start wars, but secular governments.

Your bias is showing. Might want to adjust that.

So basically everyone who fights for the US is an atheist, or non-Christian?...Ah...

Basically Christians do not support greed and are not greedy? It is only the Atheist and non-Christians?

Let's talk numbers if you want because I was just speculating to make a point.

I said HALF not 15th or a 16th BUT HALF (sorry to use caps but you seem confused...) I said if a rapture occurred there is such a small population (That 1/8th or 1/16th would go and that was being generous!)

There are approximately 65-70% (and that may be low) of Americans who consider themselves some form of "Christian". The current US population is 311,591,917 so that means approximately 218,114,341 of those Americans are some form or denomination of Christian.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now back to that HALF number I mentioned...so half the population of Christians in the USA is...

109,057,170 and for fun let's round down to A HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE...

You are telling me if that half of Christians STOOD UP AND SAID NO...That ONE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE STOOD UP AND SAID NO! A difference could not be made???

And this is ONLY in the United States....

Let's go back to my example of the generous amount of 1/16 the population of Christians or
49,854,706 people who would be in a rapture. Basically the States of Texas and New York... And even they Stood up and said no are you telling me there would be no changes? I know there are great churches and lots that donate but I doubt...DOUBT any where near the State of even Texas in all the US is that devout and altruistic!

Moving on to WAR...
It may not be Christians that start wars? OH REALLY??? How many in Congress claim to be christian???

www.pewforum.org...

How many claim to be in the military? I am betting around the same as the US around 70%
www.prb.org... (This document says 68%)

These are just examples of how "Christian" the military is!
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.vanityfair.com...

If it isn't "Christians" Who is starting and Fighting these wars???

We can argue all day but until Christians stop believing they will be raptured and start fixing the problems they create, Start standing up and saying NO! Then yeah maybe the End would happen but it wouldn't be from Christs return. It would be because his stewards, God's Children didn't care enough about their brothers & sisters and their home...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

The Jehovah's witnesses believe its only 133K. Out of 7 billion I dont think anyone would notice. We probably loose that many a day world wide any given day.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
So many off-topic posts on this thread.

The thread was about the OP's belief that the end was near, based on cross-referencing Biblical prophecy with current events.

And almost no one wants to debate this.

Instead, it's pretty much the usual arguments anytime God is brought up on ATS:

"God isn't real and Christians are hypocrites!"

"Yes he is, and no they aren't!"

"You're both wrong, why not try something New-Agey?"

Repeat ad infinitum.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Snsoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Prove that God is not real ! You do not want there to be a God, that is proven . You think you know, but , more than that you hope there is no God ,because you would be in a world of trouble . You and your new age scientist are making claims you can not prove . Well ,soon we will see . The Bible prophecy written 2000 years before you were born that is talking about the times we are about to go through validates the bible . The One World Government, Mark of the Beast - Money, Israel verses Iran war with Russia included requires Israel to be a nation . After 2000 years of being ran out of Israel the Jews now occupy their nation again .Also the only thing that can describe the plague that the Jews pour out on those that comes against them in this upcoming war is the Abomb in Zechariah 14 verse 12 .

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Snsoc

Prove that God is not real ! You do not want there to be a God, that is proven . You think you know, but , more than that you hope there is no God ,because you would be in a world of trouble . You and your new age scientist are making claims you can not prove . Well ,soon we will see . The Bible prophecy written 2000 years before you were born that is talking about the times we are about to go through validates the bible . The One World Government, Mark of the Beast - Money, Israel verses Iran war with Russia included requires Israel to be a nation . After 2000 years of being ran out of Israel the Jews now occupy their nation again .Also the only thing that can describe the plague that the Jews pour out on those that comes against them in this upcoming war is the Abomb in Zechariah 14 verse 12 .

I think that perhaps you misunderstand me. If you read my other posts, I claimed a belief in God.

I don't, however, subscribe to your Israel vs. Russia scenario. I'm not saying that it's impossible for the two nations to ever be at war; what I am saying is that it was not fortold by Ezekiel, chapters 38-39. These chapters describe an invasion by horsemen-not tanks, guns, planes ,and missles. No references to fire. Just swords and horsemen. By no stretch of the imagination does that describe a modern scenario-unless you are talking about a situation in which all technology has been destroyed and people are reduced to fighting with Iron Age inventions.

Futhermore, there is NO possible way that you can say that the countries/peoples involved in this prophecy are Russia. I have demonstrated this to you with several points, all of which you ignore. You are stubbornly clinging to your false interpretations of Scripture.

As to Zechariah 14:12-

"This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths."

this is not talking about an atomic bomb. An explosion is not a plauge. Radiation does not cause people's bodies to rot while they are standing on thier feet.

This is deluded, Zio-Christian wishful thinking that does violence to Scripture.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by abeverage

The Jehovah's witnesses believe its only 133K. Out of 7 billion I dont think anyone would notice. We probably loose that many a day world wide any given day.

I have heard that but I have never understood it, nor do I think those that go understand it either otherwise what is the point?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

First of all you need to get a KJV bible . The KJV was written long before your New Age bible was written . The passage says your eyes will consume away , your tongue and flesh shall consume away WHILE YOU STAND . That means instantaneous not some thing like a flesh eating bacteria . How long do you think you would stand while your being attacked by a flesh eating bacteria . You should read about how the flesh was flashed off the skeletons of people instantaneously and their bones laid out bleached from the dark gray that they are naturally to white within a few seconds while still mostly intact .
Then if you remember the Ark landed in the area of Turkey now called MT.Ararat and from there the decendants of that area moved in every direction . Rosh was a decendant of Meshech and Tubal and migrated North ward . You dont think that he stayed in upper Turkey do you ?
Now put the Bible aside and look at the world as it is today . Iran is making some pretty stupid moves . They are forcing this war and Russia is backing them . Russia isn't stupid but they can't let the USA get those oil fields .Russia I will be dragged into this thing possibly at the request of the UN to put an end to the use of nukes by Israel. Who would be in a better position to do so ? How ever you call it, this thing is about to happen .

(post by MINDSPIKED removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join