It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians "The Book of Enoch", In or Out???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The problem with enoch is, it have no timeline, thus non historical

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by uthu74

Originally posted by uthu74
The problem with enoch is, it have no timeline, thus non historical

The exact same accusation can be thrown towards many books in the Old Testament.

And the book fits in nicely, before the time of Noah…

So
back at ya…

- JC

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

The question I’m asking in my OP is, do you think it’s inspired and should it have been included into the Bible etc… and if so, then why?, or if not, then why not?

No i don't consider it inspired, because according to Enoch 5 of Heylel's highest lieutenants (stars) are imprisoned in a black hole chained up forever, which contradicts them being thrown into Gehenna (lake of fire) in Revelation.

Wether books get thrown out of or excluded from canon revolves around wether or not they measure up to both the OT and NT scriptures, if they don't then they are not considered inspired. It would be like choosing wether or not to vote on including someone's ancient grocery list into the scriptures.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Lonewolf19792000
No i don't consider it inspired, because according to Enoch 5 of Heylel's highest lieutenants (stars) are imprisoned in a black hole chained up forever, which contradicts them being thrown into Gehenna (lake of fire) in Revelation.

I'm not entirely sure which exact verse you mean in the “Book of Enoch”, which talks about 5 fallen Angels being “imprisoned, forever”, except this one verse below…

The Book of Enoch 21:9
Then Uriel answered me, one of the holy angels who was with me, and said unto me: 'Enoch, why hast thou such fear and affright?' And I answered: 'Because of this fearful place, and because of the spectacle of the pain.' And he said unto me: 'This place is the prison of the angels, and here they will be imprisoned for ever.'

But the above verse and any other verses you had in mind, would have to be considered in comparison, with these other 3 verses below…

The Book of Enoch 10:12-14
12. When all their sons shall have slain one another, and they shall have seen the destruction of their beloved ones, bind them under the hills of the earth for seventy generations, till the day of their judgment and of their end, till the last judgment has been passed for all eternity. 13. And in those days they will be led to the abyss of fire, in torture and in prison they will be locked for all eternity, 14. And then he will burn, and be destroyed; they will be burned together from now on to the end of all generations.

These verses above, fit perfectly with the “book of Revelations”, which mentions how Satan will be released from his Abyss, and how Satan and his Angels will be eventually destroyed forever, in the lake of fire. Of course, these are depictions of future end time events, which have yet to happen.

In fact, it could be argued, that Jesus is actually quoting from the “Book of Enoch”, with its depiction of the final destruction, for the fallen Angels, in the Matthew 24:41 below...

Matthew 24:41
Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

- JC

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Matthew 24:41 is a reference to Yom Kippur.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Matthew 24:41 is a reference to Yom Kippur.

My bad; its Matthew 25 verse 41, not Matthew 24:41, but I did quote from the right verse.

Here’s my entire post again, this time amended…

I’m not entirely sure which exact verse you mean in the “Book of Enoch”, which talks about 5 fallen Angels being “imprisoned, forever”, except this one verse below…

The Book of Enoch 21:9
Then Uriel answered me, one of the holy angels who was with me, and said unto me: 'Enoch, why hast thou such fear and affright?' And I answered: 'Because of this fearful place, and because of the spectacle of the pain.' And he said unto me: 'This place is the prison of the angels, and here they will be imprisoned for ever.'

But above verse and any other verses you had in mind, would have to be considered in comparison, with these other 3 verses below…

The Book of Enoch 10:12-14
12. When all their sons shall have slain one another, and they shall have seen the destruction of their beloved ones, bind them under the hills of the earth for seventy generations, till the day of their judgment and of their end, till the last judgment has been passed for all eternity. 13. And in those days they will be led to the abyss of fire, in torture and in prison they will be locked for all eternity, 14. And then he will burn, and be destroyed; they will be burned together from now on to the end of all generations.

These verses above, fit perfectly with the “book of Revelations”, which mentions how Satan will be released from his Abyss, and how Satan and his Angels will be eventually destroyed forever, in the lake of fire. Of course, these are depictions of future end time events, which have yet to happen.

In fact, it could be argued, that Jesus is actually quoting from the “Book of Enoch”, with its depiction of the final destruction, for the fallen Angels, in the Matthew 25:41 below...

Matthew 25:41
Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

- JC

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join