It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Finally Promised Referendum on EU

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LEL01

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by LEL01
reply to post by tdk84

In the other thread you said "this whole fiasco is to get more power in Europe" I think this link proves your point. Cameron saying we are not turning our backs on the EU.
Sky news

Did you hear they want to fine us £250,000 a day? It's because we failed to introduce 2 directives on how gas and electricity markets operate in the EU.
I would like to know if that would help us or not, it's not clear from this article.
Daily Express

Please don't quote from the Daily Express. It's a vile and pathetic rag these days.

I named the link Daily Express so members would know where the link would take them, so they could decide for themselves if they want to click on it or not.

I thought people might be interested to know that the EU decided they wanted to fine us £250,000 a day straight after Cameron made his speech. It seems like I was wrong.

Yeah that's confirmed the point, this has been nothing more then a power play in Europe, 'make amendments in our favor or were leaving.' There's no intention of leaving because he knows so many of Europe want the same changes... Cameron's just dropping the hammer to start the negotiating.

Its all about renegotiate the terms of the country’s membership, not leaving. Given the fact Merkel and other leaders have said there can be a negotiation, we will get what we want eventually.

I don't really like Cameron, but if things go to plan this could been seen as a master class in the future. Labour wouldn't of done this.

As for the fine... i doubt it will be imposed, just a threat to get our asses into gear. Besides we have enough political clout to tell them were to stuff it. You only have to look at the fact the deadline was in 2011 and they still haven't done anything.
edit on 28-1-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

I think we all know that Cameron won't bring us out of the EU but isn't it this year that Scotland get to vote on if they stay in the UK or not?
That should be interesting, if I understand it correctly it's up to Westminster whether or not they allow it if they vote out and they call it a democracy.
If Scotland were to leave the UK, then what? Everything changes because we wouldn't be the UK anymore.
I can't wait to see what happen's there.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

Yeah that will be interesting... but to be honest I think that was another power play for SNP. I think the majority of Scots want to stay in the UK or realise the benefits of being in the UK. Been a while since I looked at the opinion polls but i'd imagine they wont leave.

If they did leave i'd like to think the majority of FDI etc in located in the rest of the UK but obviously Scotland would be a great loss and vice versa.

edit on 29-1-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

<< 13  14  15   >>

join