It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Finally Promised Referendum on EU

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Most definately not mate.

Got to agree with something wicked, Farage is a one-trick pony - ignore his stance on the EU and he's very much a Tory - in fact he used to be a member of The Conservative Party but he left because of his anti-EU beliefs.

Yes, he seems very honest and to the point on EU matters and his speeches in the EU Parliament are outstanding but what do you know of UKIP's policies that don't concern the EU?

They don't seem that dissimilar to those of Cameron to me.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

In the other thread you said "this whole fiasco is to get more power in Europe" I think this link proves your point. Cameron saying we are not turning our backs on the EU.
Sky news

Did you hear they want to fine us £250,000 a day? It's because we failed to introduce 2 directives on how gas and electricity markets operate in the EU.
I would like to know if that would help us or not, it's not clear from this article.
Daily Express

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Here is the man who I would like to take the wheel...

Why? Name 5 other policies UKIP have and how you stand on them? Don't know them? You won't, they probably don't yet exist.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

I have read the tories and the UKIP manifesto (which does exist, look at their website) and UKIPs one makes much more sense to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
The saddest thing about this whole thread is people arguing for and against the politics, when are people going to realize that everything is planned behind closed doors, away from the public's eyes. Election promises are a joke, tell me one election manifesto in the last 50 years that was actually kept? You are told what sounds good and you all vote on it, but what they say at election time has absolutely nothing to do with what will happen.

Whether we are to leave or stay in the EU is already decided, the Rothschilds have already chewed through that bone and spit it out.

It is pointless arguing over it, because by doing so you are doing exactly what they want, divide and conquer, get people fighting amongst themselves and they will ignore what is really going on around them, they have you hating your life and looking around at anyone seeking to blame them, he black it's his fault, or should I blame the gay over there, no its the French, the Germans fault, hell it's my neighbor's fault if he was gone my life would be better.

Its easy to look at the EU and blame all this hardship on Poles and Latvians etc. coming here to work, but it is not their fault, the blame lies squarely with the BANKERS and the POLITICIANS, remember all the corruption? See how easily your mind is distracted and you are looking to lay the blame elsewhere

STOP and THINK, this is all just window dressing, stop fighting each other and fight the real enemy, those that control and are manipulating you

Amen.
From what i read in this thread, everywhere it is the same, no knowledge about the EU because everything is secret, even for most politicians.
Cheap workers Poles, Romanians, Bulgarians and Latvians who work for little pay and live in old houses with sometimes up to 10 people in one room.
All constructions possible because of EU.
Than the problem with islam, i do not know how it is in England, Germany, France, but here there is no integration, in fact there is segregation with problematic consequences.
It should be a trade union indeed, instead it became a power block of non elected eurocrats who make laws.
As you state, we should not look at eachother but at those who are behind this power block.
We should work and stand together in this.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Just watched an interview with the tory party chairman on Sky News.
When pressed on the referendum and asked to confirm a no vote would force the government to withdraw us from the EU he evaded.

Not that I'm surprised, There is no way that any of the big parties would ever let us leave.
As someone else pointed out, we'll keep getting referenda until they get the answer they want. ..or they'll just say it was an exercise in consultation and not a real one that needs acting upon.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

I think I may know why he evaded the question. I heard an analyst (global finance) a few days ago on the World Service state that, while a proposed referendum on Europe may please the electorate, it would do the UK's credit rating no good whatsoever because from now on a 'risk element' would be factored into their calculations.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Of course. Never mind democracy, we gotta do what the big financial institutions want.
I said earlier in this thread that i didn't believe for a minute that the political cabal in this country would ever let us leave.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LEL01
reply to post by tdk84

In the other thread you said "this whole fiasco is to get more power in Europe" I think this link proves your point. Cameron saying we are not turning our backs on the EU.
Sky news

Did you hear they want to fine us £250,000 a day? It's because we failed to introduce 2 directives on how gas and electricity markets operate in the EU.
I would like to know if that would help us or not, it's not clear from this article.
Daily Express

Please don't quote from the Daily Express. It's a vile and pathetic rag these days.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

Yep. Have we ever experienced democracy? Not in my lifetime - and I can't think of another period in our history when we have had it.

I just don't understand Europe's drive to become a federal superstate contrary to the wishes (I believe) of the majority of its citizens (not just the UK). It's been explained to me (by a 27 year old MEP candidate - yet another wannabe career politician) that we have to be a unified block in order to compete with the BRIC nations - but the truth is even a unified Europe will never be able to compete with these countries unless our workers' rights and pay are decimated. Even then, we just don't have the natural resources.

I'm certain former citizens of the USSR must be looking at the EU and wondering what the hey they're playing at.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Cameron's tactics are puzzling and don't make much sense. I think that he's trying to buy time in an attempt to outflank the Europhobic idiots on the right who have been threatening to tear his party apart for the past 20-odd years. However, there's a good article in today's Observor by Andreew Rawnsley that claims that Cameron has just slipped himself a long-term poison pill (www.guardian.co.uk...).

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
deleted post - put it on the wrong thread :-)
edit on 27-1-2013 by justwokeup because: doh!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

No? I think they make a lot of sense.

He's sending a message to the EU that we want a gutted out, slimmed down EU. If we don't get one (or at least a new deal for the UK) then conservatives will offer a referendum and the British public will probably choose to leave.

He's also neutralised UKIP for the next general election as the offer of an in/out referendum is why most defected to UKIP in the first place.

I think he's played a blinder.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Cameron has promised nothing, Cameron has 2 hopes of getting re-elected, that is Bob Hope and No Hope. This is an empty promise and he knows it, it is just a political playing piece to gain more influence in the EU and to have a stick to beat Labour with after they get elected at the next general election.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Frankly the more I look at Cameron the less I think of him and his political skills. I don't think he even know what a blinder is, let alone how to play one.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Cameron has promised nothing, Cameron has 2 hopes of getting re-elected, that is Bob Hope and No Hope. This is an empty promise and he knows it, it is just a political playing piece to gain more influence in the EU and to have a stick to beat Labour with after they get elected at the next general election.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm not convinced Labour will be able to win the next election. Unpopular as the coalition are I can see it getting another term because Labour will be unable to win a majority.

Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Indeed, with the electoral system the way it is, Labours current lead will still not manifest as a majority, or even give them more seats than the Tories. Don't forget, Labours support base is the towns and with the new constituencies being drawn up with the towns getting less MP's, Labour will find it hard to overturn the Tory majority.

Given the choice between the two, I would rather the Tories stay in. They at least have a credible economic plan, whereas Labours appears to be based solely on spending money and/or just opposing everything the Tories say without offering a credible alternative.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
As for the OP - Historically I have always had a problem with the EU but I also recognise the need for us to be in it, at some level anyway. If we can secure some key changes on the way it works, at least with regards to the UK, then I will be happy to stay in. My fear is Daily Mail style hype might turn a majority away from what is actually a good thing for the UK, on the whole.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

reply to post by tdk84

Sky news

Daily Express

Please don't quote from the Daily Express. It's a vile and pathetic rag these days.

I named the link Daily Express so members would know where the link would take them, so they could decide for themselves if they want to click on it or not.

I thought people might be interested to know that the EU decided they wanted to fine us £250,000 a day straight after Cameron made his speech. It seems like I was wrong.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

reply to post by tdk84

Sky news

Daily Express

I named the link Daily Express so members would know where the link would take them, so they could decide for themselves if they want to click on it or not.

I thought people might be interested to know that the EU decided they wanted to fine us £250,000 a day straight after Cameron made his speech. It seems like I was wrong.

Sorry, but I loathe the Daily Express. It was once a great paper, but it's been circling the plughole for years now. Every time I see its front page I raise me eyebrows and sneer at its headlines, which tend to be on the lines of "European shysters rob half-dead pensioner and then steal his conker collection!!!!"

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join