It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planks Satellite Fails

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
I still haven't seen a confirmation of this news, and the wikipedia page still lists Planck as active and ongoing. Was this a false alarm? I would think that more news outlets would have picked the story up, or at least the Space websites. Herschel may run out of its fuel though at some point soon.

I hope so but the article does seem to be very specific as to what has occurred. Like many if not most of you I am interested in the facts and will be more than happy to "Eat Crow" should the response not favor my position.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Actually I have been doing that for a very long time and yes there have been some who found it bothersome.

OK I will not do it anymore.

"Now, Universe can mean 'all there is' .... that doesn't mean infinite. I was only responding to the article YOU linked, which claims the Universe was contained in a bubble. Something infinite can never be 'contained' in a bubble. If the article you posted is true, then the universe MUST be finite."

The thread I linked presents that the multiverse could be possible. Given this data this is the information Planks failed to provide due to her being damaged. In this case all there is could very well be infinite and in relation to evidence. Where does the matter come from in the case of this scenario. Where did the parent universe's get there matter and so on.

Clearly this discussion is for me very interesting and I suspect you feel the same.

Sometimes less is more. Asking people what they think is fine, but using it on every post gets very redundant. Use it less I think and it will have more meaning when you do use it.

It is interesting. I think now we enter a game of semantics. According to this research the UNIVERSE would be finite, otherwise it could not be contained in a bubble. The MULTIVERSE could be infinite, as each universe contained in it would be finite, but there are an infinite number of them.

As far as the origin of matter, per the article the laws of physics may not even apply in these other universes. Perhaps the multiverse does not follow our laws, perhaps there spontaneous generation of matter is the norm, and that births universes.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Implied in relation to the initial observation is that the matter that formed in this universe came from another pair. While in theory I can understand where you are coming from, I am currently wondering and evaluating the idea of quark or lepton decay and would argue there is currently no foundation to establish that, nor has that ever been considered. I consider that the mass of our universe could potentate a warp bubble and in which case, it could allow for a universe to travel as whole faster than the speed of light.

This is a really good PDF file on the subject of the Multiverse it presents that it is possible another universe could exits 10 to the 10 to the power of 28 meters from here....

The Multiverse

Distances like this could very well require faster than light travel for contact between two universe's to be possible IMO.

The model seems to suggest that direct contact results in enough matter is ejected from the two parent universe's, that another warp bubble can be formed naturally.

In relation to a "void", where two Universes spontaneously generated. I have trouble relating to contact based upon gravity given the distances in question..

I am prepared to give the "Any thoughts" thing a break for a while Occam
espeacially in this particular forum.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

The Laws of this universe may not apply outside of this universe. That means it may be possible to travel FTL between universes, but not inside this universe.

As far as Any Thoughts goes .. mix it up a bit too. Maybe say.. So what do you think? Anyone else as excited as me? Wow did that blow your mind too? Use phrases with same/similar meanings, but different wordings.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Kashai

The Laws of this universe may not apply outside of this universe. That means it may be possible to travel FTL between universes, but not inside this universe.

As far as Any Thoughts goes .. mix it up a bit too. Maybe say.. So what do you think? Anyone else as excited as me? Wow did that blow your mind too? Use phrases with same/similar meanings, but different wordings.

I actually responded a thread here on how FTL is today considered viable by NASA, so don't get me started

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I agree friend there are other ways for me to offer a question about my comments I entered the internet in 1989 when AOL was actually working out of a garage. Then the concept of communication in relation to long distances included the word "over", or something which allowed the other to understand one had finished expressing oneself.

Personally I have nothing against you or for hat matter any member at ATS. In a manner of speaking I can relate to issues, that are above top secret.

Given your conclusion matter can be transfered from one Universe to another and in which case the matter that we are made of could have existed for such a long time, we simply do not have a number for it today.

And it could potentially be infinite based upon what we know.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Kashai

I actually responded a thread here on how FTL is today considered viable by NASA, so don't get me started

I agree friend there are other ways for me to offer a question about my comments I entered the internet in 1989 when AOL was actually working out of a garage. Then the concept of communication in relation to long distances included the word "over", or something which allowed the other to understand one had finished expressing oneself.

Personally I have nothing against you or for hat matter any member at ATS. In a manner of speaking I can relate to issues, that are above top secret.

Given your conclusion matter can be transfered from one Universe to another and in which case the matter that we are made of could have existed for such a long time, we simply do not have a number for it today.

I really don't mind your 'any thoughts' thing. I just wanted to offer a helpful piece of advice I think will serve you well. Now, matter could be infinite throughout the multiverse. If this resaearch is true though, the universe is contained in a bubble. Anything contained is by very definition finite. Of course an infinite multiverse muddies the waters. For now, we simply don't have enough information to say either way.

ETA: I know of that thread. It is not really FTL. It uses loopholes to go greater distances, but it does not go faster than light.
edit on 27-1-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Kashai

I really don't mind your 'any thoughts' thing. I just wanted to offer a helpful piece of advice I think will serve you well. Now, matter could be infinite throughout the multiverse. If this resaearch is true though, the universe is contained in a bubble. Anything contained is by very definition finite. Of course an infinite multiverse muddies the waters. For now, we simply don't have enough information to say either way.

ETA: I know of that thread. It is not really FTL. It uses loopholes to go greater distances, but it does not go faster than light.
edit on 27-1-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

I would like to read you basis for that conclusion? Your suggesting that a warp bubble or any other "barrier" constitutes containment. I would them refer to Bells theorem, which presents that anything created at the same time can effectively communicate information. Your suggesting that a Universe that could potentially exit 10 multiplied by ten to the power of 28 quadrillion meters? Where we are having this exact same conversation(hypothetically) and was created at the same exact time, this universe was created. Could not possibly have anything to do with us why? Because matter has an origin related specifically to this Universe? Getting back to the matter of Quark or Lepton decay I see no evidence to suggest that the reason such parallel conversation are possible is that matter itself is in fact infinite.

In respect to 10+ dimensions I have no mathematical conclusion that supports your position, related to 4 dimensions . Further I see no reason to consider that it is possible the reason a droppleganger can exist, is in relation to some similar origin in fact.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

We seem to be going in circles. Please give me an instance of how something could be contained inside a bubble, yet be inifinite.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

What is the origin of matter in this universe and please provide evidence of Quantum decay? Also please provide evidence that something created at the same time cannot communicate despite distance? Also please provide evidence that what we consider today a barrier, today is in fact a barrier to communication given EPR Paradox and Bells theorem? What specific data do you have to offer that negates such a conclusion given that in relation to distance between theoretical universe's gravity cannot be a factor in relation to actual contact?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I asked you a question
How can something be Inside a bubble, and be inifinite.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Kashai

I asked you a question
How can something be Inside a bubble, and be inifinite.

What definition would you suggest that related to a bubble being closed or finite in respect to its contents? In respect to our conversation the "bubble," is a factor related to gravity. How is it possible for our bubble to interact with another object 10X10 to the power of 28 meters away because of gravity? There must be something else going on that allows contact. So how is the bubble finite, given contact with another such object and given the distances in question, cannot actually be related to gravitational attraction.

Its time for me to get some rest Occam....you have a good night
edit on 28-1-2013 by Kashai because: added content

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join