It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Felt Like Giving into Conformity?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Have you ever thought that questioning everything you see and battling against tptb is just too energy draining? Has the thought never crossed your mind that it might just be easier to be one of the sheep and conform? Will your life actually work out any different if you did?

I might need help here but I am having a period of loss of faith in conspiracies in general, maybe I just need some of you guys to get me back on track. But at the moment, all reading conspiracies seems to bring me is sadness, not just for me but the whole human race. They say that ignorance is bliss, if I just lived my life conforming and being ignorant, would I not lead a better quality of life because I will be less stressed?

Believing in conspiracies never seems to lead you anywhere, nothing ever seems to change, so the question begs, what is the point in being concerned if you cannot change anything?

I am worried a little, that maybe I don't want to deny ignorance anymore. Does anybody else ever feel the same way as this?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
don't give up NOW!!
big changes are right around the corner!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Yes, I think most people feel this way in whatever endeavor they are undertaking.

Sounds like you might need a break from ATS for a while. This place can get to you. I once took a year and a half break, just to clear my head a little. It was so worth it.

You're only human, and it can seem like we're struggling uphill. Obviously you'll need to get away from it from time to time.

Take some time for yourself....and rejoin us when you can.

best of luck,
smylee

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Nope...No Pasaran..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
nope

a yam that a yam

it all depends on whether or not u prefer truth over an easy life. are u cypher who loves the taste of the koolaid and the beef steak? or do u want the truth to know that what u are eating tastes and smells like sh!t so u can eat real food.

ur choice

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I have felt like this from time to time.. I remember the first argument I got into and it was about 9/11.. I was pretty new on the scene.. I ever exposed myself and made a lot of statements and a lot of enemies. I later started doubting the conspiracy of it. I had a lot of regret for exposing myself, and maybe even I had been wrong.. I took a couple years break (only partially by choice).. I now believe again that it was not Bin Laden.. .

In any case, conspiracies are meant to be outgrown.. It's only a piece of the takign back of power.. If you just sit around identifying problems all day like say my floor is dirty.. But how many times should I look at the floor and not grab a broom??

There comes a time that you realize the top conspiracy.. Conspiracy theorists are being used as much or more than they expose.. The main conspiracy deals with self responsibility.. You finally realize it's your life to create.. When you react to other's controlling you you will always be fighting a losing battle.. Instead of resisting the Bad you gotta Create the Good.

Sounds like you could use a break, and maybe work on some aspect of your soul? I'm working on my laziness myself, and thinking of ways I can affect more and more change into the future..

Be good.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Sounds like you might need a break from ATS for a while.

I have to second this as well OP. I too have taken a few retreats from ATS. Although I love to read and still like to keep abreast of what is happening in the world. However, I periodically take vacations from the content I choose to read about.

A suggestion, here is a Google search for websites that report "Good News stories"

Sometimes, injecting a bit of positive energy into the spirit balances everything out and as with anything, even ATS, I have found that "in moderation" does wonders for my own well-being.

Good luck, and keep those spirits up my friend!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Wise words smyleegrl!!

I got over the feeling of impotence by trying to change my local environment for the better.

I volunteer, I donate money and goods, I pick up trash left by others and I try to foster loving relationships with my fellow man.

ATS can cause an addiction to what we mistakenly believe is knowledge.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's not really mainly about conspiracies for me, it's about conforming. As an adult, conforming is an interesting thing because I have discovered that there is no need to conform. In fact, there are many different ways of thinking, it would not even be possible to conform.

When I feel like I need to conform to the people around me, in reality there is a family next door and next door to that with completely different lifestyles. There are different cultures in different places.

My home town of College Place is a Seventh-Day-Adventist city and the city counsel banned fluorinating the water and the whole town believes the end times are here.

So I don't see any reason to follow what other people think, that's silly. In fact, the more you do what you want, in my experience, the more successful you will be, the happier you will be, the more women will be attracted to you and the more friends you will find who share your views!

If you are tired of conspiracy theories because they don't seem to hold any weight, that's different. I don't take much of the stuff on here seriously, but I do come here for news and occasionally there is good information on something.

There really are conspiracies that do go on, that's natural. That's why classified documents exist, it happens when corporations plot to milk the population for their own gain (it is scientifically documented that corporations act like psychopaths), and there are things that HAVE happened like 9/11, the Nazi Regime, Stalin, Mao, all of which were planned by SOMEONE.

Taking a break could be good, you know, just do what you think is best.

It is very true that not everything on this site is accurate.
edit on 21-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
OP lets turn this on its head

I am worried a little, that maybe I don't want to deny ignorance anymore.

I used to be massively into conspiracies, I read the books, watched Alex Jones have his little rants and my friends and I used to debate the merits of all the various wonderful conspiracies out there.

For me I don’t really know when I woke up it was a gradual thing, it was probably when I was at university and learned how to think critically I started to notice that conspiracy theories all went at a subject with a preconceived believe. So for example David Ike would always write a book about the “reptilians” on the basis he knew they were real. So I started looking at the other side of the coin (hence my name) and then noticed that most conspiracies were a ignorant oversimplification of the real facts.

Do you think it is possible that it’s what you are going through, that your starting to see the holes in the theories, that what you are starting to do is really and truly deny ignorance?

It doesn’t mean all conspiracies are BS, I still believe in UFO’s for example, I just don’t believe that the NWO decides what I have for breakfast though.

edit on 21-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
The main conspiracy deals with self responsibility.. You finally realize it's your life to create.. When you react to other's controlling you you will always be fighting a losing battle.. Instead of resisting the Bad you gotta Create the Good.

Sounds like you could use a break, and maybe work on some aspect of your soul? I'm working on my laziness myself, and thinking of ways I can affect more and more change into the future..

Be good.

Definitely! And I really like OtherSide's assessment.
edit on 21-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

"Ever Felt Like Giving into Conformity?"

Yes, actually. All the time. I worry about my family. My wife. Our future. My son's future.

To fight without worrying about consequences, is to fight foolishly.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, there are a few good ones and othersideofthecoin asked a very good question. Maybe it is not the real conspiracies draining my energy, but the sensationalism and BS ones that you have to deal with as part of the package. Smylee also makes a good point about maybe taking a step back, I think I will consider this.

All in all, believing in conspiracies seems to be a full time job, if you really want to research everything.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

All in all, believing in conspiracies seems to be a full time job, if you really want to research everything.

Chose your battles wisely!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Have you ever thought that questioning everything you see and battling against tptb is just too energy draining? Has the thought never crossed your mind that it might just be easier to be one of the sheep and conform? Will your life actually work out any different if you did?

I might need help here but I am having a period of loss of faith in conspiracies in general, maybe I just need some of you guys to get me back on track. But at the moment, all reading conspiracies seems to bring me is sadness, not just for me but the whole human race. They say that ignorance is bliss, ................would I not lead a better quality of life because I will be less stressed?

Believing in conspiracies never seems to lead you anywhere, nothing ever seems to change, so the question begs, what is the point in being concerned if you cannot change anything?

Thanks for posting Michael. Yes, it ALL can be overwhelming at times, so give yourself a break, a time-out. Maybe it's a great time to do a little personal inventory to determine what it is you believe in, and why? I do this quite a bit, and it helps me get re-focused and spend my time following interests that are important to me in my life right now.

ATS is great to catch up on new things or even older theories, but, as smyleegrl stated below, sometimes you just need to take a break. Most of the stuff we read and hear these days tends to be on the negative side.

Remain true to your principles, do the next right thing, challenge yourself to continue to learn and remain teachable! Don't give in, Get into yourself and find those things that are important to you, and don't forget to have some fun!!

Peace!! ID

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Yes, I think most people feel this way in whatever endeavor they are undertaking.

Sounds like you might need a break from ATS for a while. This place can get to you. I once took a year and a half break, just to clear my head a little. It was so worth it.

You're only human, and it can seem like we're struggling uphill. Obviously you'll need to get away from it from time to time.

Hey smyleegrl!! I agree with everything you said and suggested. Good response!
Just wanted to let you know that there are some like-minded ATSer's on here and its nice to see a good and sensible response! Cheers!!

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

There have been moments for me when I felt like faltering and falling down in defeat. Then I remember the power of my will, my soul and the hundreds of years of corruption and lies of times gone and see the countless years ahead of the same thing and my resolve is strengthend to remain unfetted. To refuse to give up and be absorbed and used and then cast away once I have no more use to feed the system of trickery.

Never give in, not because you might be rewarded or gain recognition but because of your mortality and as a unique individual in a vast but finite Universe. Remember the Stars and Galaxies all out there beyond your vision and ask yourself what they mean to you. They are greater than the entire human race but at the same time the human race is also a part of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

"Ever Felt Like Giving into Conformity?"

Yes, actually. All the time. I worry about my family. My wife. Our future. My son's future.

To fight without worrying about consequences, is to fight foolishly.

Yes beezer, I see exactly what you are saying there. I believe that quiet belief helps this situation, but if you try to share your views too openly can obviously expose those close to you for criticism and calls of being a crazy. So there is a balance to be thought about.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Every damned day that I allow myself to stop and think about it that way. That would be how often I wonder if the headache, hassles, costs and sacrifice is worth it. I'm not sure how I'd answer that if I were a single man without attachments or reason to think about anyone beyond myself.

Then I look at my Son or just think about his future and what it will be starting from today vs. what mine was starting in the 80's for comparison. That makes it worth it and that's what'll keep pushing me through the years upon years of school I have committed to in seeking a way to change things.

In the end..I have to ask myself this. If, in 15 years, the nation has gone down the crapper and we're years past where I'd have been a part of the system to help change things ....yet failed or chose not to? Can I look him in the eye and tell him WITH CERTAINTY that nothing I 'could' have done would have mattered anyway? The answer is no. As long as it's No? Then there isn't much choice in the path I pursue.

That's just how I deal with your OP question.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You are abosuletly right! Listen to your intuiton. Stay positve what ever happens it will transform your own life and contrbute to the greater whole. Change is coming and its going to be a big positive transformation.
Get ready yourself so you can ride the big one when it comes.

edit on 21-1-2013 by Senser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

If you research something and find evidence of conspiracy, why is that draining? Perhaps it's draining to be 'that guy' who tries to tell others and no one wants to listen or care.. But there is a huge difference between being alone in your beliefs and your beliefs themselves draining you, in my opinion.

I think I get what you are saying and understand though. It doesn't lead anywhere unless the conspiracy is revealed and undermined. Sept 11 conspiracies will always be draining because the truth is that the official story will ALWAYS be the official story. The official story on how kennedy was murdered will never change nor will the majority of people question it. No matter what you do, the forces of conspiracy rage harder with more believers and I guess it can be draining in that way to to to battle that.

I say don't 'battle it' just research stuff on your own and share when people listen. Going any further than that is draining.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join