It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Mainstream Rapper] Lupe Fiasco Calls Obama a "Terrorist" at pre-inauguration party.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm surprised they invited Lupe Fiasco, they must have known his stance. That song he played has 12 million views on YouTube. I'm glad he did though.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm surprised they invited Lupe Fiasco, they must have known his stance. That song he played has 12 million views on YouTube. I'm glad he did though.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So since when does suge knight work for obama? What happened there? lulz

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hesse

Here is a different video, but I think it has the same stuff in it, plus a little commentary..

Maybe more to the story.. Not sure on the validity of the extra information, but it seems possible..
It's talking about lupe repeating the same song over again..

Tweets from those there too..

edit on 1/22/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Thank you Dusty!
I found one, but a different one.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hesse

If the tweets in the video I posted are true I would have gotten him off stage too..
If I had the opportunity to be there I would have done the exact same thing as Lupe though..

I can't really fault either side I don't think.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Generator85

Because you obvously dont listen to rap music. He's already made it quite far in the industry.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beastnwokillah

I do mind, no time for that research.
Amazing talent you say?

I am not necessarily an Obama supporter but talking rhymes into a mic without even singing is nothing more than entertainment for trendy non thinkers who are gullible enough to often buy this crap off itunes or similar. I dont care if he raps about life liberty and justice or the good of all of mankind, I think he sucks.

he is just another character made up by that industry to sucker you out of money. Nothing special about him whatsoever.
edit on 22-1-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: another paragraph

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
'course they had to shut him up - in th eland of the free...'aint votin' for him' LupeFiasco.
nice Lupe - i'll buy some of yer stuff.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm
reply to post by beastnwokillah

I do mind, no time for that research.
Amazing talent you say?

I am not necessarily an Obama supporter but talking rhymes into a mic without even singing is nothing more than entertainment for trendy non thinkers who are gullible enough to often buy this crap off itunes or similar. I dont care if he raps about life liberty and justice or the good of all of mankind, I think he sucks.

he is just another character made up by that industry to sucker you out of money. Nothing special about him whatsoever.
edit on 22-1-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: another paragraph

Jive A$$ turkey aren't you!?
you must listen to country...

Rap is like poetry with music in the background.
I like poetry.
And thumbs up to Lupe.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm
reply to post by Dustytoad

So this artist has to take others beats (Gorillaz) and spew garbage out of his mouth to it? This guy has absolutely no talent as a musician. Have fun listening to that dude. Monotone rhymes that sound like an inner city back alley rat scrounging for morsels

Ok

We get it cheerleader

You protect the criminal murderous traitor Obama if you must

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Come on guys...this wasn't intended to be a discussion on peoples music preference. Whether you like his music or hate it, you gotta give him credit for standing up for what he believes. I prefer other music styles, but I can look past that and see that what he did took guts. I wish more people would do things like this!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I don´t know, I don´t really have an opinion about that anymore. I just thought it was funny and Lupe sure got people thinking a little. So that might be a good thing. Dumb of the administration for booking Lupe in the first place. I have to LUL on that and give credit were it´s due.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think the bigger story here is something everyone is seems to be missing for the most part.

This surge in young black artists telling the truth to their people (please don't go all racist on me, you know what I mean) is monumental. This is as huge as MLK or Malcolm X. Any sort of positive voice of leadership has been suppressed for far too long.
And for me, just as (if not more) seditious than exposing the truth of government and international politics is the social commentary on the state of black people in the first world. I watched every song presented in the thread, and I would say the one that impacted me the most was "Bitch Bad".

Is Lupe not trying to repair one of the very core issues in the black community? The complete decimation of the family unit is at the very foundation of the black people's modern enslavement. The symbolism in that video was just as powerful as the lyrics...Blackface representing how the black community "plays the part"...

Juxtapose that with my second favorite, Akala's "Fire in the Booth". This guy covers a Master's Thesis of social commentary in 8 minutes, most notably (for me) sharing the fact that prisons in the UK and USA are a for profit enterprise, and the social construct of the 'hood is designed to feed that monster.

As someone said earlier, these artists are getting out the messages we debate here on ATS, to a demographic that would never see ATS if left to the social construct they exist in. I don't care if their message is Liberal or Conservative (myself being conservo-centrist), I am excited to see truth being broadcast and people being woke up to the war we are in.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I agree with you. I believe more people should speak out on alot more things other than this topic, but forgive me for sounding a bit conspicous on this matter, even though i'am on a conspiracy website lol. (which i do just for fun there is no proof to any of my theories) But i think it's all a big joke for the public, they are all laughing in our faces while plotting our takeover. Mr. Fiasco is not an Obama basher, or hater ,ext, but i think he is an Obama recruit just like all the rest of them. You see they need a celebrity, or public figure to start the revolution to brainwash more citizens into rebelling agaist authority, control, or convetion. The more people who they can get to agree with Fiasco, than the more easier it is for them to find out who is "with them or agaisnt them." I believe Mr. Fiasco was made by the media to say them things, it's not the first time he has said them things, he was on the O'rielly factor not that long ago preaching that dumb # about Obama, so with that being said and they supposedly knew thats how that man felt, then why would they risk the president being humiliated on his pre inauguration party?? I mean come on people!! It's not hard to read between the lines, this is bs at it's best. Maybe i feel this way because i grew up finding it very hard to trust people, and that things are not always what they seem. I'am extremely paranoid most of the time and that could contribute to this type of thinking. I also have nothing agaisnt President Obama personally,he is one person with many jobs to do, being the President of the Undited states is not a cup of tea. I think people think it is so easy to solve every problem in the US, but most of them can't even solve there own. People have the right to think and believe what they want and thats fine, but people need to quit with the comparison to Hitler and the anti Christ, and quit thinking he is a monsterous war machine. He is one man with a blue million things to do instead of bashing the man try to put yourself in his shoes, I meen really, put your self in his shoes. I bet you would find it to be rather difficult. Please do not think that I'am trying to sound like another know it all, because by all meens i do not nor am I trying, I'am nothing more than a man with an opinion.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TJT188

I don't know about that theory.
I think if there is some "agenda" to make the sheeple rebel more, then I think they would have chose a rapper with a bit more leverage. Lupe isn't really the most listened to rapper right now.

They could have chose Kanye or Jay Z.. Lil Wayne or even 2 Chainz would be better. That would really get the ball rolling.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

"This video was removed by the user".

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
reply to post by TJT188

I think if there is some "agenda" to make the sheeple rebel more, then I think they would have chose a rapper with a bit more leverage. Lupe isn't really the most listened to rapper right now.

They could have chose Kanye or Jay Z.. Lil Wayne or even 2 Chainz would be better. That would really get the ball rolling.

Lupe Fiasco doesn't support an Armed revolution.. Lil Wayne and a bunch of the other guys like that have these videos with riots going down.. Lupe Fiasco talks about using your mind, and your words, about creating your reality, not reacting to theirs..

So yes I agree with you..

At the poster you are responding to. When you get more used to "the game" you will know which side which rappers are on.. Lupe fiasco is on side where the record label screws you over, and changes things on you.. The Good side as it were.

It's like having a conspiracy theory that john lennon was really on the side of the US government and a supporter of war, when all it take is but a little knowledge of the actual person to know he was all about peace. It's stupid to try and wake people up as a trick.. If you follow alex jones he could fit their agenda because he is selling the seeds of war and revolution... But getting someone to talk about loving and respecting women, and getting smarter, getting more free, it's dangerous to the fear they sell..

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by resoe26
reply to post by TJT188

Lupe Fiasco doesn't support an Armed revolution.. Lil Wayne and a bunch of the other guys like that have these videos with riots going down.. Lupe Fiasco talks about using your mind, and your words, about creating your reality, not reacting to theirs..

So yes I agree with you..

At the poster you are responding to. When you get more used to "the game" you will know which side which rappers are on.. Lupe fiasco is on side where the record label screws you over, and changes things on you.. The Good side as it were.

It's like having a conspiracy theory that john lennon was really on the side of the US government and a supporter of war, when all it take is but a little knowledge of the actual person to know he was all about peace. It's stupid to try and wake people up as a trick.. If you follow alex jones he could fit their agenda because he is selling the seeds of war and revolution... But getting someone to talk about loving and respecting women, and getting smarter, getting more free, it's dangerous to the fear they sell..

Absolutely

Ol boy needs to check out: 2 Chainz - Riot
That song outta raise his brows

Not many rappers advocating good things now in days.
that youngin Joey Bada$$ had some good songs with good views in his mixtape...
but I believe he may have drank the Koolaid when he signed...

Use to dig ASAP Rocky, now he is signed to YMCMB. You should see his new video....
ASAP Rocky - Long Live ASAP
strange....................

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join