It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah Sheriffs Prepared to 'Trade Our Lives'- Refusing Any Federal Gun Confiscations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
In a very direct manner, the Utah Sheriff's Association has written a compassionate yet firm letter to The Emperor- the last paragraph of which reads:

" ... No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights—in particular Amendment II—has given them. We, like you, swore a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation. "

www.utahsheriffs.org...
Click on yellow box, which takes you to the pdf, or pdf direct link is provided below.

The full text of the letter is as follows:

The Honorable Barack Obama
President of the United States of America
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear President Obama:

We, the elected sheriffs of Utah, like so many of our fellow Americans, are literally heartbroken for the loved ones of the murdered victims in Connecticut. As Utahans, we are not strangers to this kind of carnage—one of the latest being the 2007 Trolley Square murders wherein nine innocents were gunned down—five losing their lives.

We also recognize the scores of other recent domestic massacres, which have decimated countless honorable lives. As Americans, we value the sanctity of life. Furthermore, similar to our inspired Founders, we acknowledge our subservience to a higher power.

With the number of mass shootings America has endured, it is easy to demonize firearms; it is also foolish and prejudiced. Firearms are nothing more than instruments, valuable and potentially dangerous, but instruments nonetheless. Malevolent souls, like the criminals who commit mass murders, will always exploit valuable instruments in the pursuit of evil. As professional peace officers, if we understand nothing else, we understand this: lawful violence must sometimes be employed to deter and stop criminal violence. Consequently, the citizenry must continue its ability to keep and bear arms, including arms that adequately protect them from all types of illegality.

As your administration and Congress continue to grapple with the complex issue of firearm regulations, we pray that the Almighty will guide the People’s Representatives collectively. For that reason, it is imperative this discussion be had in Congress, not silenced unilaterally by executive orders. As you deliberate, please remember the Founders of this great nation created the Constitution, and its accompanying Bill of Rights, in an effort to protect citizens from all forms of tyrannical subjugation.

We respect the Office of the President of the United States of America. But, make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights—in particular Amendment II—has given them. We, like you, swore a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation.

The Utah Sheriffs’ Association

PDF here:
www.utahsheriffs.org...

So it appears that if the feds are even THINKING about firearms confiscation, they are going to have a fight on their hands- literally. The nationwide backlash from the usurper even attempting to push those buttons at a federal level, has been considerable- and rightly so. Many local governments immediately moved with legislation to STOP this nonsense before it even goes any further, and I LAUGH in the faces of the frigging globalist, elitist pigs. Hear me? LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH.

(Evil HATES to be mocked)

Out of our cold, dead hands.

Defiance, bring us strength to fight these evil bastards that are taxing us 3 or 4 times more than the sorry ass crown was we liberated ourselves from in the first place. Those federal nutjobs are the ones that need mental health checks before allowing them to have guns, cause over and over they have just abused the privilege. Over and over and over. How much more you going to take, Amerika?

Well the Sheriffs in UTAH aren't having it, and neither should we.

People have already started donating to them for this letter, from what I am reading around the net.

If it's just a clever fundraiser, it worked.
edit on Sun Jan 20th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I hope this trend keeps on growing. Without local cooperation, FEDs are powerless to enforce anything. With local sheriffs outright resisting, it might get interesting indeed.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well anyone who says gun owners are "overreacting" to these proposals from Obama are speaking pure BS. Gun owners across this country have consistently UNDER REACTED to federal and state, 2nd Amendment incremental infringing of firearm rights directly granted to us from the Constitution. For decades, at least. Time for CHANGE Obama.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Right on brothers, lets give em hell.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I have to agree with you here. It's easy enough for some to brush off and ridicule gun owners on the internet as if a sport. It's quite another matter entirely to see elected officials make stands like this that they realistically cannot back down from. This isn't a political statement. It's a stand of principle and they may VERY WELL be put to the test at least a couple times in seeing if they are bluffing or not.

These are elected positions as County Sheriff, for anyone out there who isn't aware of how that works. The Sheriff has to account to the voters and crazy ones that start spouting stupid paranoid delusions ...don't get another term. It tells me that whatever we're seeing to feel very nervous, they're seeing worse.

I can't forget they are getting the DHS daily reports and intelligence material to know what the Feds are thinking for threats and general courses of action far better than us normal folk. It's been MANY Sheriff's now too. It's far too much to just brush off as paranoia without some basis, IMO.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah, good points again, and that's just for him putting forth proposals! Can you imagine what the backlash would be if he DID issue Executive Orders to confiscate all guns, or even severely restrict them further?

You just don't have the balls Obama. Give it up. The guy's out of his mind. Gotta be. Or in the minds, and pockets, of globalist scum.
edit on Sun Jan 20th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Agreed, as always lately.

I think the Sheriff's and Obama know by now this only ends two ways. It's TOO polarized and TOO extrreme on Pro/Anti both at this point.

#1. Obama basically backs down by settling for some minor tweaks to federal Regs and a hard push on the states to go all 1984 on everyone. I doubt MOST of the states will because outside the East and West coasts? This isn't a far left nation. The numbers state that loud and clear.

#2. Obama and Co. don't back down and that will mean the FULL opposite. Nothing half way is worth THIS level of a fight, so if they keep coming now I think it'll be for everything humanly possible. Not a ban, outright. I think it would be everything up to it and a 'ban' in all but name being the goal.

#1 is what people are already too pissed to forget ...but..won't STAY pissed if it backs down and settles down. Of course, I can't speak for the people paying thousands for $500 AR-15's right now. They'll be pissed if these ARE NOT banned at this point. What a gamble to lose for those folks.

#2 is where the Sheriff's and others back their words and.. Well... It's Ft. Sumter to see who fires the actual first shot. That there WILL be a first shot is almost inevitable now if this keeps being pushed on all levels, IMO.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

A friend of the family gave us a call last night from Utah. She is very active in politics. (As a registered democrat) And she has been fighting for the 2nd Amendment tooth and nail! She said that 90% of all elected officials are on board with this and the 10% that aren't have received notice that regardless of party affiliation, they will be voted out!

It's funny that Obama, known for dividing the country, may have inadvertently united the country instead! This goes far beyond partisan political differences and is attacking the foundation of the country.

I guess you can say that Obama is trying to "fundamentally transform" America.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

(Evil HATES to be mocked)

"Tigers love pepper, they hate cinnamon." - Alan, The Hangover

Just what I thought of when I saw that.

But seriously, S&F.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
And for your viewing pleasure, just posted a couple days ago, an interview with Sheriff Mack, directly on the gun control issue.

They are getting swamped with calls!

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I am not one to talk about fighting the government partially because I don’t even know who the enemy is( individuals) I will say this though. I will not register my firearms and if they come to confiscate them then I will use every last bullet I have to keep them at bay depending on how long it takes them to storm my home that could be a very long time indeed. I have enough powder to reload my own shells to keep me stocked for the next 12 to 15 years with my normal target shooting. I know it sounds a bit crazy but I have lived a good life and I served my country where I took an oath. The constitution is worth defending and it is worth my life and I will uphold it till the day I die.

In other words. Come get some!!!!!

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Made it just for you!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Grimpachi

Made it just for you!

I love it.
I am snagging that pick I may add it to my sig

Thanks Beezzer.

Edit to add

I will figure out the sig part later.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Please don't misunderstand me, I am not trying to be negative but, you all DO realize that this was forseen by them as an eventuality right?

I think that what is happening is GREAT!!!
My home state is putting up a fight too and I couldn't be happier.
I have been walking around with my head held high and my balls hangin' low all week long.

HOWEVER, what these states are doing is going to be the beginning not the end.
This is what will lead to Civil War in this country and will Prompt Obama to call in the U.N. as well as declare Martial Law.

I mean, you DO realize this right?
Tell me I am not the only one who sees this from a mile away.

I'm ready to rock and roll, as much as I'll ever be I suppose.
But I am under no illusion that this is going to be as easy as writing letters to the President.
That is a GREAT start but............it is ONLY a start.
#s gonna get real!
#s goin' down.

Keep writing letters but, keep your head on a swivel too.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I surely hope that does not come to pass. It would be horrible for all involved- and beyond.

But I appreciate your bringing us back to reality- even though I am just wondering if you are aware of the extent of the firestorm across this country Obama's rhetoric has caused.

And speaking of reality... I can also take that perspective and ask a few other pertinent questions:

1) Where were all these sheriffs when the Patriot Act was signed?
2) Where were all these sheriffs when NDAA was signed?
3) Where were all these sheriffs when NSPD-51 was igniting all our fuses?
4) Where were all these sheriffs when the National Guard took all those weapons in Katrina?

I totally hear you, in other words. I still have gripes. BIG GRIPES. But I am willing for a moment- just for a moment- to let them go to enjoy a few highlights of the stand against tyranny. They gotta do more though. WAY MORE.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Looks to me like # might be gonna get real. It's one thing for a bunch of internettters to trade barbs over opinions of what ought to be done, and another thing altogether for real world people, those with political power and public reputations to uphold, to start drawing lines in the sand and say "this far, and no further".

In the past couple weeks I have seen calls for armed insurrection, and I've seen calls just as strident for violent attack on gun owners, from proponents of the other side of this divide. When I see political figures drawing opposed battle lines - not figurative battle lines, but what may become actual battle lines - then it's getting pretty deep.

I've seen people claim that the military and law enforcement will simply steamroll gun owners. Wishful thinking on their part, if you ask me. The military has not and can not weigh in on the issue until the rubber meets the road, but here we see what a fairly large percentage of Law Enforcement is openly saying, and I'm convinced it's the same thing that a large percentage of military personnel are privately thinking.

If the balloon goes up, it's gonna be a whole new ballgame that NO ONE saw coming. Lots of folks are going to be very surprised, and wonder just how did THAT happen? Why isn't it already over, why is the fighting still going on, and that sort of thing. It's not going to be as easy or as quick as a lot of folks think, and this announcement is confirmation of that to my mind.

Martial law? A lot of people seem to "worry" about that, and throw the potential out at every chance in order to cow the resistance building, thinking it will scare them into submission. It won't. The simple fact is there are a lot of us out here who understand that you may DECLARE martial law all day long, as often as you please, but here in America your problem is going to be ENFORCING martial law.

You cannot control territory that you cannot even hold.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Nice! If we could get the majority of Sheriffs in the country to do this we could take back the Republic! Lock and load baby...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

1) Where were all these sheriffs when the Patriot Act was signed?

probably still in shock - but at any rate, that was the tip of the spear, and a serious pattern had not yet developed. They were probably thinking it was just a fluke, a one-off situation that wouldn't get repeated.

Then a pattern started developing.

2) Where were all these sheriffs when NDAA was signed?

Having read the NDAA, I can say that if I were a sheriff, there is nothing in it that I would get excited over enough to stick my neck out, either. I can't find any of the threats in it that people claim are there.

3) Where were all these sheriffs when NSPD-51 was igniting all our fuses?

I can't speak to that - I only vaguely recall it, and the particulars of what it was have gotten lost in the haze of all the subsequent rapid-fire events. I recall getting all wound up over it, but the flurry of subsequent events have pushed it to the back of the mind, with more pressing concerns coming to the fore.

4) Where were all these sheriffs when the National Guard took all those weapons in Katrina?

Katrina was a localized event, and most of these sheriffs were in other jurisdictions, powerless to do anything about the Katrina gun grab. I do wonder where the local sheriffs were, though.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I hope this trend keeps on growing. Without local cooperation, FEDs are powerless to enforce anything. With local sheriffs outright resisting, it might get interesting indeed.

I always find this topic interesting...

The chances that every member of the Federal Law Enforcement establishment, the active duty military, the state gaurd units, state and local law enforcement are going to support an action against the citizens of this country is naive at best.

This topic has come up at my state level, with missouri putting legislation together that prohibits federal officers from confiscating / restricting weapons.

This topic has also come up at my department, with the directive being, in no uncertain terms, that there will be no confiscation, there will be no support of federal actions that intrude on the 2nd amendment, and that we serve the people and that trust will not be broken.

The government needs to be reminded that they serve the citizens, and derive their authority from those citizens, and only govern with their consent, and that consent can be revoked at any point.

I am more and more in favor of requiring a Constitution 101 class as a requirement to hold an elected office, or any office that represents the people. Every time Chuck Schumer - D-Senator of NY opens his mouth I have an uirge to buy canned goods. When he lectured the media one day and said the 3 branches of government were the President, House and the Senate, I immediately wondered what the hell New Yorkers were thinking to have voted for this person.

This should not only be a wake up call for the government, but for the people as well. We have term limits at every single level of our government -

They are called elections...

You have a choice.... Either be heard or be silenced.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I don't personally know any US cops, but I do know the RCMP guys we station here. When I brought up the topic with a few of them they broke into laughter. Basically said they were not stupid, or suicidal, and would have no part of trying to confiscate guns in our town.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join