It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah Sheriffs Prepared to 'Trade Our Lives'- Refusing Any Federal Gun Confiscations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
This should not only be a wake up call for the government, but for the people as well. We have term limits at every single level of our government -

They are called elections...

You have a choice.... Either be heard or be silenced.

I would like to agree with you here like i agree with the rest of your post, but i think this 2nd BO term has indicated a shift in America. 'We' knew what 'we' were going to get with a 2nd BO term & 'we' voted for him anyway.

I think we are past the tipping point. I believe the takers & dependents of government handouts now outnumber the producers. There are more people who want & need big gov than there are people who just want to be left alone. More & more are voting to *get something* than for the ideals of liberty & independence.

Our Republic has been turned into a democracy. The government's primary job is to protect our freedom, & they are failing to do that more & more. Correction, they are not failing to protect our freedom as "failing" would imply an attempt to succeed. They are *intentionally* destroying it.

The founding principles of this country have been indoctrinated out of us. Our children are no longer taught how to think. They're taught what to think. Our young adults aren't prepared for a life of independence. They conditioned to assimilate into the collective. The temporary hand-ups have been turned into permanent hand-outs.

Big Brother will take care of all your needs. All you have to do is succumb.

The "land of the free & home of the brave" has been turned in to a continent of sniveling moochers & androgynous ninnies.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Just to add to that post... This is how the federal government controls a state...

geocurrents.info...

See how much land is federally owned, controlled and regulated?

The white is the land of Utah. Everything else belongs to the federal government.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
To be fair, I haven't contacted my local sheriff to get his opinion, but I believe he will go along with whatever the Governor tells him to do. I have no faith in the state of Illinois to uphold the Constitution or Bill of Rights. They have already demonstrated a willingness to disarm the people of this state and to back door deal to get it done. I don't trust them not to pass a law in the middle of the night, declare it the next day and demand us to turn in our guns, Supreme Court be damned. This entire state is judged by what happens in Chicago. If I had the money, we would be moving TODAY.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I hope this trend keeps on growing. Without local cooperation, FEDs are powerless to enforce anything. With local sheriffs outright resisting, it might get interesting indeed.

Yep yep. I hope it goes further and creates massive blowback for Obama, and the Constitutionalists in Washington decide to make their presence known and go after him.

Arrest and prosecution, anyone? Isn't he a traitor?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Don't want to get drawn into another gun debate thread. Your country, your choice. However, regarding this UN paranoia / hysteria that i have noticed creeping in regarding US Gun Control - my question is why? Why do you think the UN would get involved? Why do you think the UN would be allowed to get involved?

That is a serious question, not nit picking or such like. The USA is THE big player on the P5 at the Security Council. No UN "security" action can take place without agreement by the P5 - the US would obviously veto any such action, even if it was proposed. Therefore i really do not understand why any think this a big UN plan. It isn't, clearly, as it wouldn't even be worth planning something that has no possible way of happening...........

However, if others disagree, please explain why. If i am wrong, i accept that. As always, i just ask to be shown why so i can then reassess my position.

I can't see any reason why the US would veto UN intervention. Given the proclivities of the current administration, it seems more probable to me that they would REQUEST it more likely than veto it. Going by Obama's "World Apology tour, 2009" and Bush's unsettling apparent need to involve other countries into our troubles in Iraq and Afghanistan, together with the Clintonistas working hand in hand with the UN to push for passage of the Small Arms trafficking treaty, I'm almost certain that UN intervention in our internal affairs in this matter would be requested, rather than vetoed.

To any non-US nationals who may find themselves caught up in any potential UN intervention in US internal affairs: resign now while you still can. Once your here, with that bright blue target on your head, it's too late, and it's game on. Americans already have enough troubles of their own, without having to pause to take pot-shots at outside interventionists. That wouldn't turn out well for any of us.

I recall seeing the UN troops standing around the body of a boy in Bosnia, who they were supremely ineffective in "protecting". He lay there in a puddle of blood, UN troops milling around like so many cattle while the shooters got away. I recall LOCALS having to band together to protect 3 US trainers there under the auspices of the UN. What the UN abandoned, local farmers defended. The UN troops simply made an offer to give the guys arm patches from their own countries to conceal their US patches (which would have violated the Geneva Conventions if carried out, and made the trainers subject to execution for espionage), and then promptly disappeared. It was up to the trainers, and the local civilians, to fortify and defend the house they lived in.

UN intervention is not welcome here, nor is it likely to be terribly effective as "protection", but could provide a grand training OPFOR for the Angry Young Men to cut their teeth on, invited by the Obamites or not.

edit on 2013/1/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by acuna
I don't think I have heard anything about gun confiscation. I've heard talk about an assault weapons ban, but that wouldn't be retro-active. The gov't won't be coming around to take your guns, ammo or large capacity mags. If I've missed it somewhere can someone please point me to where they've state that they want to confiscate our guns? It all seem like paranoia to me

Watch this 52 second video. They are planning it! Do not be so trusting! The end is VERY telling!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Just to add to that post... This is how the federal government controls a state...

geocurrents.info...

See how much land is federally owned, controlled and regulated?

The white is the land of Utah. Everything else belongs to the federal government.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when the Fed takes control of the land it basically either becomes a state park or it is cut off from people being on it entirely correct?

What are they doing with all that land? There is virtually no white on that map, just little snippets and streaks of white.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
grandstanding

don't forget this next election !

there won't be any confiscations, and they will take credit

don't fall for it

the "new" laws are really old laws

did they write this letter to clinton ?

lol

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

Really? Watch this video of Jan 2013

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You are so right. I have lived on and off in Utah in Cache Valley, probably 25 years or so in total. My life there was the most prosperous of all the other places I had ever lived, and for the most part I found the Mormon people to be the most honest and caring of all religions I had ever encountered. I myself am not LDS, nor do I believe their religious tenants, but I will say they are likely the most 'grounded' and industrious people to be found anywhere. I have relatives that were and currently are in the Sheriff's department there in Logan. I can pretty well tell you that sentiment is pretty well what the Thread title implies. I believe you will find the same attitude in the surrounding states of Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada, along with Texas and most southern states all the way to the Atlantic. I think not only Law Enforcement, but in the private thoughts of Military Generals too. They too after all, have families and know right from wrong. It's the power hungry in Washington DC that live in a fantasy and want to destroy our freedoms and substitute their will upon those citizens they wish to rule over. They must follow a path to be successful, and the methods are well known by those willing to defend against the subversion of out American Constitution. We will prevail, though it might have to be after much blood is shed in the cause of freedom.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
grandstanding

don't forget this next election !

there won't be any confiscations, and they will take credit

don't fall for it

the "new" laws are really old laws

did they write this letter to clinton ?

lol

Deflection.

Not working this time.

lol

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by acuna
I don't think I have heard anything about gun confiscation. I've heard talk about an assault weapons ban, but that wouldn't be retro-active. The gov't won't be coming around to take your guns, ammo or large capacity mags. If I've missed it somewhere can someone please point me to where they've state that they want to confiscate our guns? It all seem like paranoia to me

Great.

So they only want to fully enslave our children, and buy US off with a small degree of freedom? No thanks. I prefer that my children and grand children have the same means of defense that my parents had. That means it is US, this generation, that has to stand in the breach on their behalf. If we don't then all condemnation from our progeny that rolls over our heads is due us. If we allow our own inaction to enslave our children, there will be a special place in hell for us.

"Teach the children quietly

For some day sons and daughters

Will rise up and fight

While we stood still."

But what will they fight WITH?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

In point of fact, the only way the UN would ever get feet on the ground in the US is if the USA has a complete breakdown and descends into anarchy like Afghanistan or the Congo - and look how long it took before any action was taken in either of those places.

A complete breakdown resulting from something like great public unrest or perhaps even a civil war?

It's happened before.

Besides, Afghanistan or the Congo aren't armed to the teeth with nuclear weapons, or loaded up with 7000 tonnes of gold bullion that might be seen by the 'international community' (aka UN) as needing protecting during a major crisis, so with respect mate, the analogy isn't the same thing at all.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mal1970

The "land of the free & home of the brave" has been turned in to a continent of sniveling moochers & androgynous ninnies.

For this sentence alone I wish to give you 100 stars. Nothing else to add.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
^PERFECTLY PUT/ the constitution was supposed to be for the people by the people, and it is now pretty much
for obama by obama. UGH!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
How can he be Emperor, or anyone else in USA? US Constitution grants no noble titles...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's good to know that a large percentage of law enforcement is awake to this agenda, and the ultimate reasons for it. Maybe there is some hope. I lived in Utah for 12 years, and people there do love their guns. Coming from California originally, the culture and people of Utah changed my mind about guns. Guns have been demonized for a long time in CA, and I was brought up to fear them. I would have never thought I'd be a gun owner some day. Unfortunately, I had to sell my Smith & Wesson M&P 9 awhile back, due to financial reasons. I need to get another gun....

edit on 21-1-2013 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well, I've said several times that most of the military would side with the LEOs and the American people on this one. Even had a thread on it for a while. I know about 95% of the veterans would.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I had a funny thought. I can see a civil war fought over gun confiscation. Lol the ones that keep there guns using them and the ones that gave them up throwing rocks lol. Saying damn obama yous really a dumb #$% lol

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Coadunatio!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join