It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tools and Instruments We Carry With Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
A woman walks past me while I'm sitting in the town square. I notice how small she is because she is a police officer and the amount of equipment she is carrying around her waist must be a heavy burden on her body.
Glock, laser, baton, cuffs and several leather pouches that contain god only knows what. I look about me, I can't see any likely candidates for her to practice out on.

I have nothing extra about my own waist not even a belt yet here I am toting an amazing array of tools and instruments available for my immediate use and not one is a burden upon me.

Let's see. First of course there is my mind courtesy of my brain, faster and more complex that a super -computer. Whacko! And no battery to recharge, no server to pay, completely free. Whoo - wooo!

Next, my eyes. They might not be 20-20 but man they do one great job of allowing me to see.

My ears, so I can listen and while there is a lot of din there are still many beautiful sounds in life to enjoy
if I listen out for them.

My nose, to bring the scents and aromas of the world to me. There are so many I will never grow tired of.

My taste buds, - Just don't get me started.

My arms/hands/fingers, that allow me to do simply countless things not least to touch and feel what is outside of me.

My legs/feet , allowing me to move about, walk run ride.

My voice, perhaps the most precious of all. My very own instrument that I am free to play anytime I feel a song coming on. Its a side bonus that it also allows me to communicate by speaking.

Who am I that I am so wonderfully equipped for living on this beautiful planet, Earth? Who gave them to me?
There are no conditions attached that I am aware of. I am free, if I wish, to close my eyes, put a peg on my nose, block my ears, swallow without tasting, glue my hands together, immobilize my legs, refuse to speak or sing, still my mind until it turns in upon itself but why would I ever do any of these?

One day death will do all those things for me and I won't have any say in the matter. Until then my desire to live, to BE, will continue to activate all my tools and instruments with deep gratitude and humility.

Uh-oh, why is that policewoman looking at me like that?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Good post sir.

It's nice to be reminded of the inherent powers human have. Most around here don't care to admit it, and perhaps some of them even wish to do away with the physical aspect of themselves, but the body, the senses and the physical faculties of mankind are powerful.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Shema, maybe she was looking at you that way because those leggs of you could bring those arms to that apple you didn't pay for in that basket near the supermarket.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by Shema

Good post sir.

It's nice to be reminded of the inherent powers human have. Most around here don't care to admit it, and perhaps some of them even wish to do away with the physical aspect of themselves, but the body, the senses and the physical faculties of mankind are powerful.

Are you really a misanthrope?

Yet our physical form is the only certainty we have. These same people you speak of brush me off as being simple minded because I happen to appreciate the 'faculties' as you put it that I am blessed with. Yes, they are powerful, all the more so when one acknowledges them. Nice to hear from you.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Shema, maybe she was looking at you that way because those leggs of you could bring those arms to that apple you didn't pay for in that basket near the supermarket.

And here I was thinking she fancied me

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
So you would've wanted she cuffed herself to your bed? Don't f*ck the law Shema
, or she'll f*ck you?? hn, might not be a problem after all.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Not sure how your post is days old with only 1 flag.. IMO it was very well written and decently thought provoking. Hm Guess you gotta throw in the three-headed reptilians, or blasphemy about someones opinions, to turn heads around here nowadays.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

Thank you Solarice. Flags are neither here nor there except I suppose they probably draw readers. I would have liked more response but there you go.

top topics

join