It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will it ever be considered a personal insult to be called a shill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It seems the fun Thing to do these days on ATS is call skeptics shills.simply because they don't buy Whatever the OP is trying to sell.

Now I'M aware there may be a remote possibility that the gov. has nothing better to do to than pay some People with no resume,minimum wage to Come here and disturb threads.

But its getting out of hand. Its no secret I've been called a shill lately but so have others.I find it hard to believe posters who have dedicated years to ATS would simply be shills.And I consider it personally insulting that posters with a couple months here here just throw out that name when asked for some kind of evidence to their claim.

And as Much as I laugh at it, I find it no different than calling someone a foul word. And in those instances their posts are removed personal as its a attack.will the same ever be done for the shill attack?
edit on 20-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Will it ever be considered a personal insult to be called a shill

edit on 20-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

Who would ask this but a shill? I want nothing to do with your zionist catholic church freemason illuminati new world order-funded conspiracy you paid shill. Always gotta be a shill out here stopping us from the TRUTH!

Just look at all the evidence. You are clearly a shill.

Take it as a compliment.
If they ain't hatin on you you are doing something wrong. Keep up the good work if you ask me

You paid shill... Paid by none other than TPTB!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
LMAO,you had me getting heated until I read Zionist catholic...Then I started laughing Hard

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

LMAO,you had me getting heated until I read Zionist catholic...Then I started laughing Hard

Yes the Church has been accused of this...right here on ATS.... with zeal might I add. Someone saw that I am Catholic and defending Israel. Clearly, I am a shill and working for the new world order as well. I mean don't you see the connection? Zionist devil worshipers are taking over the world with the Catholic Church and Freemasonry - who also both worship demons!

Remember to laugh.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I love when people claim to be "skeptics" as if its a unique badge only attributed to a "few".

We are ALL skeptics...everyone here. The term skeptic is context based...to use it generally makes no sense at all to me.

Oh and as far as "shill" goes...I don't know about it being an insult as much as an admission of ignorance on the part of those throwing that label around loosely.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I understand what you're saying.But' it does seem some perpetuate ANYTHING as a conspiracy.I never use my Skepticism as a badge. Heck, 4 years ago I'd never have been labled a skeptic shill

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Sly1one

I understand what you're saying.But' it does seem some perpetuate ANYTHING as a conspiracy.I never use my Skepticism as a badge. Heck, 4 years ago I'd never have been labled a skeptic shill

I was merely trying to illustrate that the term skeptic is relative to the context its being brought up in.

I am a skeptic of the OS of 9-11...others are a skeptic of the conspiracy version of 9-11....both sides are skeptical.

but anyway get back to your OP you shill!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Now I'M aware there may be a remote possibility that the gov. has nothing better to do to than pay some People with no resume,minimum wage to Come here and disturb threads. 

No. Just out of work actors.

Why didnt you just start with. I am not an agent.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

By law they have to tell you - didn't you see The Departed!?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Sooooo that's what was doing? Sorry OP. Carry on with the good work of the main thing an actor is known for is being known.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I don't believe I've ever used the phrase shill. At least, not in the capacity of using it as a malicious attack. It's a ridiculous concept in my opinion.

Of course forums like these are monitored. I'd be upset with my government if they WEREN'T monitoring ALL forums for predators, radicals, terrorists and such. As to disinformation - hell - no one is informed. We are all stumbling around in the dark piecing together what is factual and what is fraudulent.

I don't understand how people still fall into that wallowing pit of conformity. Think like I do - or I'll demean you, harass you, degrade you... That's an exhausting concept for me - I just don't see any growth or advancement in conforming to one idea, belief, way of life... etc. And I certainly can't fathom how others do!

We are all unique individuals posting from all over the globe, from different social circumstances - but somehow we are all suppose to be on the same page on every conspiracy theory discussed here? Where's the challenge in that? How is that entertaining or informative? I come here to be challenged. Change my point of view. Give me some new info for my brain to chew on. Show me how I'm wrong or shortsighted in my view. Blow my mind away.

I guess, when I see someone that appears to be there simply to debunk anything and everything I have to say - I don't see a shill - I just see another person at a different level of understanding and reasoning than I have. That's great, because I assure you, I'll learn something from that person. Whether they are pleasant or not. But that person on the same page as I, with the same beliefs and relatively similar views, they really have nothing to offer except that warm fuzzy feeling of acceptance humans crave.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

im sorry man but ever since ive been reading your posts and threads you come at ats on a high horse, your avatar doesn't help the matter, it looks like your a forgotten cast member from dawsons creek. i think that your skeptisim is unhealthy, you cant learn anything new if you believe everything is false from the gate, just as believers cant learn anything new if they believe everything that is served to them, i suggest you open your mind.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

im sorry man but ever since ive been reading your posts and threads you come at ats on a high horse, your avatar doesn't help the matter, it looks like your a forgotten cast member from dawsons creek. i think that your skeptisim is unhealthy, you cant learn anything new if you believe everything is false from the gate, just as believers cant learn anything new if they believe everything that is served to them, i suggest you open your mind.

You tell me to open my mind as you attack a picture of myself. Interesting. And toy obviously haven't seen many of my posts as I have thousands and I merely have been at the front line of skepticism of sandy hook. If you knew my posting history here then you'd know I'm not even a skeptic overall. I just demand evidence. I don't accept a theory simply based on conjecture, gut feelings, or coincidence. However I believe 9/11, jfk, Vietnam, Roswell, area 51 Iall are conspiracies of some kind

But then again, you look at a picture of me, and make judgements and assume things about me based on one topic or so. Pretty hypocritical don't you think? Who cares what I look like? You do apparently.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Since most people have pretty good ideas and have their own opinions, its outrageous that we have this continual attack on good threads, have them shut down, and hoaxed, with power given to shills, and we have to skirt around the issues of saying, you're not a regular person.

I personally find it censorship and an insult to our own intellects and have asked for a SHILL EMOTICON.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Censorship is a crime, its like being tied up and kidnapped, beaten and raped and enslaved, and murdered. And it leads to all those things and even your soul being regressed if you co-create or allow your mind to be enslaved by another. Its so gross and hideous that I always feel like Im being punched in the gut and traumatized whenever I encounter it.

And I don't like those who work on behalf of enslaving others, love them, pray for them, but don't like them. They have a lot to answer for so they need to make that U-Turn in their lives and work for others, the people.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I would say that it is insulting to ones ability to BE a shill.
A shill is an operative with a preprogrammed agenda, who is posing as a regular poster, an ordinary guy, John Q. Public, without a preprogrammed agenda. Once people discover you are a shill, to be insulted is a waste of time, because more importantly your cover is blown and people know you work for this or that group and are far from a disinterested third party.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

why is everyone so sensitive these days? i cant throw a good joke in mix,(i thought it was funny anyway
)

I also think it funny your on hear whining about how ats needs more rules and limitations on what we can say around here.

good luck on trying to get the moderator job

edit on 21-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Again ,what on earth are you even talking about. You respond to posts of mine and throw in nonsense insinuations that have no bearing in reality.

On topic... Im not asking for limitations, Im saying that at some point calling someone a shill should be recognized for the negative connotation it insinuates .

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

heres a thought instead of trying to limit what others can say more than they already do around here, stop acting like a shill, and maybe you will stop getting your feelings hurt.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have said this before and I will say it again.

I firmly believe that there are no shills on ATS and any member who calls another member a “shill” or makes an equivalent accusation should be treated in the exact same way as the member would be if he/she called another member a S**T-head under the terms and conditions.

Usually I take it as a win, I know as soon as people start accusing me of being a “shill” I have won the argument. I shows that they have realised I know about the subject than they do, have a more logical basis to my argument and that they do not match me intellectually and have therefore lost the argument for this reason they call me a “shill”.

That said I still think such members should be treated harshly under the terms and conditions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join