It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Democrat pleads with Republican not to share document proposing confiscation of guns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Assault weapons

pay attentiom to the terminology..."assault weapons".

there are saying any semi auto gun...not just rifles and any gun designed for military or law enforcement. thats just about all guns out there..even bolt action and six shooters.

it is hard to find a gun in the world that wasnt designed or borrows from a design used by any military.

make no mistake.....they want all the guns!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Antigunners are going to be in for one hell of a rude awakening.

I. Will. Not. Comply!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
short of putting an army together I' afraid you have to comply because on your own 'your dog meat'

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mykingdomforthetruth

Actual states are passing real legislation (not just empty resolutions for a public statement) saying Federal Agents can stand for state prison time if they attempt to enforce new regulations within those states. It's not JUST Sheriff's.

There may be some gun owners victimized in the beginning without any support because it'll take a bit for states and local authority to transition from 'theory' to reality and reaction ...but these laws being passed are like nothing I've ever seen in my lifetime. Nothing remotely like it. The states are almost in revolt simply by passing these laws and amendments that directly outlaw the enforcement of federal law.

Regardless, the confrontation and conflict is far above the level of individual citizens. It's already fast moving beyond that and it's breathtaking to see develop.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
lol

Democrat was scared

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
All I can say is, I'm glad I don't live in New York, but, if I did, I'd be glad for people like Macglaughlin who, at least here, think logically without knee-jerk emotional responses.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Make no mistake, mandated registeration is necessary if they plan to collect your weapons at anytime. It will make it easy for them. They will simply go down the list. If you fail to satisfy what you have volunteered or had to put on the list then you will be subject to a search of your property with an array of sensors, dogs, metal detectors, etc.

Worse, in this current and developing environment of a completely surveilled society is the data mining that will reach back to all manner of credit card and check purchases and show them exactly what firearm related ammo and gear you have purchased since day one. There will be no escape.

And so, we must wonder, what drives the urge to so restrict us as normal citizens such that they would invite mass civil insurrection that would tear the country apart? I can only image a plan for a strict, totalitarian government that allows beer and TV but no individual rights. Yet a government which dispatches drones off into hinder parts of the world to kill enemies there--terrorists they call 'em--without a qualm simply because they have been declared enemies. Something is dreadfully wrong with our government.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
As expected, Obama's second term will be the death of the America we know. The people will become livestock forced to work to pay the government and it's minions, the borders will be thrown open to sure up new voters for the current regime, weapons will be taken so the farm animals can't protect themselves and rely even more upon the rulers, money and property will be confiscated from those who worked for it to pay for those who won't...and retain their votes and money will be spent until it is valueless. And the worst part? We let it happen. Well..."we" meaning the blood-sucking majority of the public who care more about what they can get, than what they have earned.

Expect daily life to become that of a Walmart worker. That will be the typical American's lot in life...working with nothing to show for it, commanded by those that shouldn't have been given such power and literally threatened like livestock to produce, shut-up and conform or be denied the basic rights of life and liberty. And look how easy it was...look at the America where we have enslaved our children's future.

America R.I.P. 2013...it was a good run with good intentions. Too bad we allowed it to be overrun with the takers instead of grown and nurtured by the doers. So I guess survival is the only option left. Quit our jobs and put on the government feed-bag and await the steel bolt when we can no longer produce. They promised "change" and man did they deliver.

End of rant...great way to start the day.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
What are the gun laws in the states around New york state.

Many of us in calif just moved our banned guns to OR NV or AZ and put them in storage.

As we retire and leave the state of Kalifornia we will pick up our guns and move to states that are not anti gun.

The calif AW laws said we had to turn in our AWs, sell them to a dealer to be resold out of state or get a permit for them .

i got the permits and still moved my AWs and 50 bmg cannon to storage out of state. just because i don't trust them.

It did not give us a chose of taking them out of state.

In the years since the calif ban no one has ever been prosecuted for owning a AW stored in another state.
no one has ever had there homes searched looking for the guns that the records say that we own but never got the permits for.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Can't speak for anyone else but I will make my stand right here, until I can afford to move my family to a state more in line with our values. What people don't realize from out of NYS is that the majority of our laws and voting power lies in NYC. All of our tax money is funneled down there and because of it's sheer size of population the rest of the state can't get their fair share of anything. It needs to be separated from the rest of the state to be honest. Many have wanted that to happen for a while now but it's a pipe dream. And it is a shame because NYS is a beautiful place with potential up the wazoo. We have awesome food, and generally great people. The majority just doesn't know how to stand up for themselves.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Vermont has almost no gun laws, and coincidentally almost no gun violence. I can go to Wal Mart to pick up an AR-15 and go home with it the same day. Our representatives in Congress are in support of an 'assault weapons' ban, yet I can't think of a single case where one was used in a crime here. It makes me scratch my head in bewilderment. We are proof that guns are not a problem, but rather it's the people who perpetrate crimes with guns that are a problem.

reply to post by jaynkeel

Long Island wants to be its own state...I say let them.
edit on 21-1-2013 by kabfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
"Waiting periods are only a step.
Registration is only a step.
The prohibition of private firearms is the goal."
Janet Reno

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by mykingdomforthetruth

Actual states are passing real legislation (not just empty resolutions for a public statement) saying Federal Agents can stand for state prison time if they attempt to enforce new regulations within those states. It's not JUST Sheriff's.

There may be some gun owners victimized in the beginning without any support because it'll take a bit for states and local authority to transition from 'theory' to reality and reaction ...but these laws being passed are like nothing I've ever seen in my lifetime. Nothing remotely like it. The states are almost in revolt simply by passing these laws and amendments that directly outlaw the enforcement of federal law.

Regardless, the confrontation and conflict is far above the level of individual citizens. It's already fast moving beyond that and it's breathtaking to see develop.

I know many people who will stand behind their county sheriff to help them arrest any Government agent that tries to confiscate weapons.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I don't know what to say.

(YAY, we were right!)

No, doesn't feel right saying that. I wanted to be proved wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

I've met the Sheriff of this county and I know a few of his deputies from positive contact, not negative.

Knowing who I'd be supporting and the men I'd be standing behind? I'd be proud to back our Sheriff in any way he could use the help of citizens if that time comes. Wrabbit vs. Washington = Rabbit Stew. However....Supporting another part of the system to help take apart the worst above? I'm there! ...with bells on!

edit on 21-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is a really good find. I grew up in New York. I have seen the state go from a legal open-carry state to this. Why? Liberals in New York City. It doesn't matter what the rest of the citizens outside the city want, the low-information urban voters install these communists in office and they do things like this.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am sure that many gun owners - hundred millions of them, must have been shocked by the crafty shennigens of the NY democrats. Is this how the democrats, including the President ,wish to be known, and their legacy to all americans - as constitution oath breakers?

I can understand the helplessness many feel. But there is nothing without hope as long as their are still americans who believe in the sacred Constitution.

There is no need to move out of NY. It is your home state. You were not the one who broke the oath. Rather, its the oath breakers who should be sent packing - out of USA.

It is high time for each american to sit down at dinner or over a comfortable meal, to share, discuss and debate with family members, relatives and friends on the truth of gun control, or rather, the destruction of the sacred constitution. Removing the right to bear arms will not end violence in any way. It will only the insane and criminals who will be armed, and law abidding citizens disarmed.

Alone and armed with the truth, one cannot do anything. But when combined with the People with the truth, change can happen, without violence, for no authority would dare challenge the masses if they wish to remain standing and not be crushed by its sheer size.

The founding fathers comprehended human nature and thus placed the 2nd amendment to protect People and nation.

Some claimed that the gun lobby are out of touch by making claims of the 2nd to prevent tyranny or the conquest by other nations. Even the President derided the 2nd amemdment protectors as such. Unless he is a divine prophet and claim that there will be NO future tyranical govt or wars, only then he is right.

But thing is, is he a divine prophet and can foretell the future that no mortal can? If he is, then may he resolve other issues of state using such divine powers. If not, best he keep fortune telling to his own private sphere and be honest, as must the entire democrat party.

It is good to see millions cheering the President at the inauguration of his swearing - in. However, may all equally be aware that democracy is not about the Cult of Personality. It is only normal to praise an equal human being when he done well, but EQUALLY normal to critize him if he had done wrong, so that errors can be acknowledged, corrected to progress and evolve. No mortal is perfect.

May America remain a democratic rule by law nation and elected officials honor their oaths to the nation and People

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
short of putting an army together I' afraid you have to comply because on your own 'your dog meat'

You probably don't know whole lot about me.

Ask around to a few members that know me a little more and see if I need an Army.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Just posting to say to all Americans on this thread "DO NOT REGISTER"!

Look at the the letters....."DNR"

In medical terms that means DO NOT RESUSCITATE....meaning if I am going into a coma or dying do not try to save me.

Ok for you Americans Canada pulled this crap years ago......
Link
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a snippet which might lift your spirits.

Bill C-68 The Firearms Act was created by Bill C-68, An Act Respecting Firearms and Other Weapons, which was introduced in 1993, and aimed at the licensing of all gun owners and registration of all firearms. The bill also classified replica firearms as prohibited devices, with those already owned being grandfathered. It was passed by Parliament and given Royal Assent in 1995. The Canadian Firearms Centre was established in 1996 to oversee the administration of its measures.[6] The registration portion of the Firearms Act was implemented in 1995 and the deadline for gun owners to register their non-restricted firearms was January 1, 2003.[7] Compliance was a dismal failure: Over 70% of all firearms in Canada were never registered.[8]

I love the last sentence above:-)

And one more for good measure.

A survey in August 2010 revealed that 72 percent of Canadians believe the long-gun registry has done nothing to prevent crime.[21] Organizations like the Canadian Taxpayers Federation have circulated petitions to end the registry and have collected tens of thousands of signatures supporting the elimination of the registry.[22][23] In April 2011, a survey was conducted by the Edmonton Police Association. Its members voted 81 percent in favour of scrapping the long-gun registry.[citation needed]

Here is another link that is pretty insightful

fullcomment.nationalpost.com...
I personally know of 3 people who were actually stupid enough to register their fire arms and all three of them told me after the fact that it was the most stupid thing they did.

The law is gone here now but the files remain somewhere and someone will come a knocking to those idiots that registered their guns.

Great thread.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 21-1-2013 by Iwinder because: to add one more link

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dothedew
You know, when it comes down to it, they can try and pass what ever they want, it doesnt neccessarily mean people will abide by the laws. Take prohibition, for example...

You are correct check out my post above, Over 70% of the people in Canada said "Go s***w yourselves" and it worked too.

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join