It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Democrat pleads with Republican not to share document proposing confiscation of guns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's getting clearer and clearer by the day where this gun control debate is going. Confiscation seems to be the ultimate goal, and New York is leading the way.

They sure are being sneaky about it too! The least these Democrat's could do is be honest about what their intentions are.

Full article

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Well, we certainly wouldn't want to "dampen" the spirit of compromise by letting the voting public know that some Democrats tried to have assault rifle confiscation added to their new gun control bill in New York state now would we? Wouldn't want to "dampen" their shot at getting re-elected is probably more like it!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You know, when it comes down to it, they can try and pass what ever they want, it doesnt neccessarily mean people will abide by the laws. Take prohibition, for example...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Thanks OP! I just sent this to a good friend of mine who is currently working to get the hell out of the new California!!!!!!

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Wow confiscation!!

I don't use the flame much.But that line made me mad.To think their plan is to have us register our gun first.So they can have a nice neat list to go down when they want to come for them.

Then to hide that little tidbit.From the response of the Rep. addressing the issue at least he seemed to feel the same way

.Maybe there is hope in Congress.But I doubt it.

I will not regester my arms if it comes to that.

edit on 20-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I have been saying it myself all along as well. I will not comply. Simple as that. I don't think many are gonna for what it's worth. What chaps my ass is all the restrictions they put along side of everything else in this bill. I wonder if certain stores and people were privy to this new law say a month ago, even before the newest shootings? Because my thread I started back then complaining about the restrictions and hassle of purchasing ammo at Walmart seems a huge coincidence if not.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Ya I'm not too happy about it either, I think they know that it is a bs move they are making, so they have to be very careful how they tiptoe this legislation in. Fortunately enough people are awake and aware about what is happening, the dems will get resistance on this issue every step of the way.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Ya no problem, New York is getting a lot of attention with this gun legislation stuff, they are leading the way on this issue and I think they are showing their hand a little early.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Thank god it's only New York for now.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

some Democrats tried to have assault rifle confiscation added to their new gun control bill

Some, does not equal the whole party or bill. This thread title is very misleading and incendiary.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

some Democrats tried to have assault rifle confiscation added to their new gun control bill

Some, does not equal the whole party or bill. This thread title is very misleading and incendiary.

Um is that the best you got? Butthurt a little? Fact of the matter is what has been shown, That some people in higher positions like to be slimy and hush hush about sensitive things. I am sure if it was a republican or other party you never wold have stopped in to comment that waste of space comment.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

these are GREAT too. I love this guy.

AND the BEST one.....

edit on 20-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
New york seems to be the current test bed for the hostile takeover of the entire united states, by the new world odor

people just don't seem to realize or want to wake up to the fact that none of this gun stuff has anything to do with protecting citizens, its only purpose is to disarm the people to protect their hired guns from being pinned down or taken out by the armed patriots of this proud nation, as they move in to neutralize and detain as they sweep the country for domination.

why the hell do you think obama was elected in the first place and how he got this second term???

because it was their planned agenda, thats why he gets his way as they pretend its always a gridlock.

back to topic, New york is the center point to spread their disease, and bloomberg is a commie that needs to be erased

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SPECULUM

Workin on it, He needs to go where he belongs....Behind bars along with Bloomberg.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
C'mon guy's.... what's the big deal? It's for the children after all.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Nice work, it's comforting to know that there are still some politicians that will try to protect the constitution. Did you notice how guilty and scared that old guy seemed in all those videos? He looks like he is going to poop himself, he knows that everyone see's through the bs and are going to fight back!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I don't think it was misleading or incendiary, I used the name of the source article, like we are supposed to.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
do not register your firearms.
they will be coming for them at some point, and that is when you are going to need them.

bury them in the back yard if you have to, but do not register them...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Registration brings "promise" of nothing more. That's followed by justification for confiscation. It's happened before and this is exactly how California played it. The rifle owners were assured the registration would never mean confiscation at the start but then it all changed and the necessary became the reality.

California Demands All SKS Rifles Be Turned In

We spoke with Nathan Barankin, Director of Communications for the California Attorney General office, who informed us that this recent SKS gun ban issue arises from an unresolved legal definition. California was one of the first states to pass a ban on so-called "assault weapons," which included the SKS rifle -- but only if the rifle had a detachable magazine. Rifles with fixed, non-removable magazines were exempt from this confiscation order, but those with removable magazine had to be recorded ("registered") and turned over to government authorities.

Many owners of fixed-magazine SKS rifles later converted them to removable-magazine models. At the time, the Attorney General (who is not the current AG) wrote a letter to these gun owners assuring them that these rifles were perfectly legal and not subject to the gun confiscation order.

In 1996, a man owning one of these converted rifles was arrested in Santa Clara County and prosecuted by the District Attorney for possessing an illegal firearm. The case wound its way to the state Supreme Court where a decision was finally handed down: yes, indeed, these rifles are illegal, the court said.
Source

Now it's 'necessary' only if the ban on current or future ones goes into effect somewhere. After all, consider something everyone. Millions were in private hands during the first stages of the implemented California seizures/confiscation laws. If those bans were to mean anything whatsoever to the thinking of those who pass the first stage.....how can it NOT eventually REQUIRE confiscation of existing ones?

A good rifle can have a service life of 100 years or more. MANY more if it's really well cared for. Anyone REALLY think the politicians are going to patiently wait 100+ years for the existing 10's of millions of 'banned' rifles to wear out and become inoperable? It's wishful thinking to justify not doing anything about it or finding ways to support individual politicians despite what's becoming evident.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

This thread title is very misleading and incendiary.

Confiscation of firearms is incendiary.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join