It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 Million Year Old Machinery Found In Russia - aliens or ancient civilizations?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hi all,

Russian sources are abuzz about aluminum gear aged over 300 million years ago.

According to Yulia Zamanskaya, when a resident of Vladivostok was lighting the fire during a cold winter evening, he found a rail-shaped metal detail which was pressed in one of the pieces of coal that the man used to heat his home. Mesmerized by his discovery, the responsible citizen decided to seek help from the scientists of Primorye region. After the metal object was studied by the leading experts the man was shocked to learn about the assumed age of his discovery. The metal detail was supposedly 300 million years old and yet the scientists suggest that it was not created by nature but was rather manufactured by someone. The question of who might have made an aluminum gear in the dawn of time remains unanswered.

Here is the link: b4in.com...

The article suggest this might be aliens, but I think this is actually remnants of ancient civilizations. What do you guys think? ancient civilizations are well documented and are responsible for many sites and artifacts considered a mystery by scientists, such as the ancient Gabon nuclear reactor.
again, what is your take on this? is there a way to know if a certain artifact is terrestrial or extraterrestrial? how can we distinguished ancient, unknown civilizations and advanced species?
edit on 20-1-2013 by JohnWoodland because: typo

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This has been debunked before.

The "screw" is actually the fossilized remains of a type of ancient, simple sea animal.
edit on 20-1-2013 by inivux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Before Its News!

Nuff said!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Reply to post by JohnWoodland

There is a possibility some of ancient civilizations might have knowledge of metal works but its little far fetched but not impossible. Aliens... Maybe, but the question is why would aliens make them ?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
crinoid fossils

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Time travel. Beings from the future going back in time and leaving rubbish around.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by da pickles

Ditto, that too.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Lots of unique finds in coal. Are we in repeat mode on this planet?

www.6000years.org...

Makes me wonder...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Great find S&F

To all those saying its been debunked, no it hasnt!!!!
Other pics linked to the article have but this obviously isnt some fossilised marine animal.
Its a piece of Aluminium!!!!! its either aliens, ancient unknown civilisation or some of the best hoax work ever

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Assuming its not:
Standard BiN nonsense (batboy reads beforeitsnews for a laugh)
Not just some fossil creature

And it is not natural
Then I would venture to say toss that on the ancient civ pile of evidence moreso than the alien civ pile

Ancient civilizations aren't as out of place as alien civs overall. the earth is about 4.5b years old.life about 4 billion years old, and frankly, give nature about 20k or so years and all our marvels and coolness the world over will be wiped out. another 40k and things like pyramids and the like will also be lost...so discussion of something 300 million years ago...sure...coulda been a society that was mind blowingly advanced compared to us and has since left the planet (probably some radioactive event that made their pet reptiles and birds
turn into giant size..had to leave
)

Wonder what they looked like (the hypothetical race). Perhaps reptilian in nature..would explain some of those ancient man carvings anyhow.

Anyhow, cool story, but until its on a more credible site, I will view it as elvis spotted on a alien craft type news.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Incidently, the picture in the source is a iodine crystal found on the wiki Here

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
There is no way of really knowing if this is a true find. There doesn't seem to be enough interest to take a hard look at these things, and considering current mainstream mindset, it's not all that hard to consider that this could be a true discovery, and the PTB are quite willing to sweep it under the table.

If it is an ancient civilization, then it would be a civilization of dinosaurs.

I would vote for ancient alien explorers, but in speculation like this, anything is possible. Time travelers, why not?

If it is was any of the above, where could they be now after 3 million years?

Most likely, we would be their lab experiment.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I firmly believe that the biggest conspiracy on the planet right now is the cover up in the archaelogical community of the offical human timeline.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yes, B4IN is a questionable source, but then you aren't likely going to see a find like this touted by the mainstream. Unless they want their career to be over, that is.

Aliens? I think not personally. A very ancient civilization is more likely. However, there is a theory that in rare instances, coal could have formed much faster, as in thousands instead of millions of years, due to flooding, cataclysm, etc. It's certainly not uniformatarian, but I have wondered if it has possibilities as a viable alternative to the mainstream view.

There is also the possibility this is nothing more than a hoax. And it's a possibility we would do well to keep in mind.

Interesting find. S&F.
edit on 1/20/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

There is no way of really knowing if this is a true find. There doesn't seem to be enough interest to take a hard look at these things, and considering current mainstream mindset, it's not all that hard to consider that this could be a true discovery, and the PTB are quite willing to sweep it under the table.

If it is an ancient civilization, then it would be a civilization of dinosaurs.

I would vote for ancient alien explorers, but in speculation like this, anything is possible. Time travelers, why not?

If it is was any of the above, where could they be now after 3 million years?

Most likely, we would be their lab experiment.

Its actually 300 million years, not 3 million

Frankly, I don't expect humanity to be around in 300m years in any recognizable form...maybe living as pure energy by then
Actually, maybe living as pure energy, and for fun to pass time during eternity, designing and inhabiting simple creatures (us). Would give a semi-science explanation for the whole soul thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I recall reading about a fossilized finger that was found. It dated back to the time of dinosaurs. It was said to be a human finger with his/her estimated height of 20 feet. There have been many footprints found beside dinosaur tracks. I see no reason to believe that man/civilization could not have thrived 100 million years ago or longer. Just because absolute irrefutable proof has not been recognized by the scientific community does not mean it is impossible. Earth looked much different 300 million years ago. What was once land is now under water. The scientific community does not agree on much.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

there's a thread on that finger www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Great find S&F

To all those saying its been debunked, no it hasnt!!!!
Other pics linked to the article have but this obviously isnt some fossilised marine animal.
Its a piece of Aluminium!!!!! its either aliens, ancient unknown civilisation or some of the best hoax work ever
Ask yourself what is more probable. Approach the question rationally, and objectively.

Is it more probable that there was an ancient civilization once upon a time, and the only "proof" (a laughable misnomer) of their existence is piece of a screw? Are then going to further suggest that there is a planet wide history conspiracy, for unknown reasons?

Or is it more probable that this is a fossilized creature, you know, embedded on a piece of geology, with somebody trying to make a name for themselves?

Whether or not this is a different story than the one I am referencing, is irrelevant. The same issue of probability applies.

Guess which one of the two choices is more probable?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by inivux

Approaching it rationally Im stuck with those 3 possibilities.
Ive never heard of animals/living organisms turning to Aluminium, does it happen often?

As for only "proof" as you put it no its not there are many documented and unexplainable artifacts out there.

I think its likely to be a hoax but its not organic and while Im no scientist I know its not easy to embed something in a lump of coal.

You didnt even read the article did you?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Yes, this has been discussed before.

Yes, it's a hoax.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join