It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Simple Christian Conspiracy That Most Do Not Know

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
How many here proclaim that they are Christians and have an intimate relationship with their savior? One of the simplest and most deceiving conspiracies (if you already did not know, but some do) I am going to reveal to you. The New Testament chronicles in great detail Christ's life and subsequent crucifixion. The 4 gospels give accounts (although some do not match up and agree as for some minor and some moderate details) of Christ's death and his tied together symbology with the cross as the tool used by the Romans to crucify him. The truth is, Jesus did not die on the cross. The Greek word "stauros" was mistranslated by scholars through the ages to mean "cross" but this is actually incorrect.

The Roman stauros was a pale stake that was shaped as a T. The was no upright beam that was positioned behind the head. What most out there will learn is that the cross is not a true Christian symbol at all. The cross being used in a religious context was used in many other religions but are not associated correctly with Christ at all.

The cross was not widely used in mainstream Christianity until the time of the Roman emperor Constantine—about 300 years after Christ established His Church. According to the book Babylon Mystery Religion, the cross originated among the ancient Babylonians of Chaldea. From there, it spread to ancient China, India, Mexico, parts of Africa and other places, centuries before Christianity was born.

According to Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, the shape of the cross “had its origin in ancient Chaldea, and was used as the symbol of the god Tammuz (being in the shape of the mystic Tau, the initial of his name) in that country and in adjacent lands, including Egypt. “By the middle of the third century A.D. the churches had either departed from, or had travestied, certain doctrines of the Christian faith. In order to increase the prestige of the apostate ecclesiastical system, pagans were received into the churches…and were permitted largely to retain their pagan signs and symbols. Hence, the Tau or T, in its most frequent form, with the cross-piece lowered, was adopted to stand for the cross of Christ”

rcg.org...

In other words, the symbolism of the cross does not originate from Christianity, but PAGANISM.
It's amazing how many devoted followers are not aware of this discrepancy. The old testament and even the book of Revelation warns of blending the works of God with paganism. Are you a devoted follower of Jesus? If so, are you aware of this use of pagan symbolism in regard to your personal lord and savior?

Forgive me if this has been posted in the past, the topic of Jesus in any conspiratorial regard has been posted many times here on ATS - too many for me to dig through in my limited time frame.

edit on 20-1-2013 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yep, thanks to Constantine, Tammuz worship found its way into the Christian faith, good ole Catholicism perverting the church with paganism.

Christian sects and denominations have been constantly trying to repair the damage.

Jehovah's wittiness are a major sect that recognizes the error in the cross, not to mentions symbols don't belong at all in Christianity.

The whole graven image thing...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Even if religion is nonsense, I have to say that this was quite pointless.
It's quite clear that Christianity forbids people to worship random objects, whether they are rings, statues, icons, Mary or crosses.

The cross just happens to be the symbol for Christianity as the killing is considered to be a crucifixion.
What difference does it make?
edit on 20-1-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

I understand your points as it makes no difference to me. But the bible mentions and warns about the blending of pagan symbols and practices with Christianity. So the one who has the problem with this is God himself.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

It makes a difference because Christians are warned about repeatedly in their holy book to guard against corruption of their faith, false doctrines and the like.

Yet many are not aware of the corruption and false hoods added to their own faith and belief system.

Much of which can be traced back to Constantine and the formation of the Roman Catholic Church.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'm glad to see someone has an understanding in this.

This brings me joy!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

In my religion our beliefs jesus died on a stake and not the cross. I don't have the time to write a three pages explaining it.

I was raise as a j.w. and yes I heard alot of they are and what not but anyway, thank you OP for your research and opinion.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
OP:

You may want to research the Mandaeans.

They began at around the same time as Christ was supposed to have been in existence and died, but they instead revere John the Baptist as their messiah, rejecting both Judaism AND Christ.... saying both were representatives of a false God.

Sometimes.... when someone hates you the most, they kill you and then revere you as an idol.

Perhaps Christ was John the Baptist, and the story of the crucifixion is actually a Satanic deception, pointing the way towards salvation by that same false god represented time and time again in the mystery schools.

Kill the true God and feed him to the false god for profit.

Either way... the Son of God remains a mystery. The messiah remains unknown.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
One thing the Bible also states is to not change the text, but leave it as original. Some wording has been updated, but remains close enough to get the meaning.

But, how much has been misinterpreted?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Whether the Son of god and the Messiah are the same person is up for debate....

Judaism rejects Jesus as the Messiah.... yet still holds the belief in a coming Messiah.

Which is rather strange, since if they were representatives of a true god, why would they need to be saved from slavery?

I thought that happened when Moses freed them from Egypt?

The flag of Israel has a hexagon as its almost sole motif. Israel itself is translated as "He who fights with God."

A learned Jewish associate of mine has commented that this does not mean "He who fights alongside God" but rather "He who argues with God."

The Messiah is God incarnate, so we assume....

So the Israelites for the very most part quite unknowingly fight against their own messiah.

So it is with the rest of the world of what Is Real...

All the True Prophets die young....

Most are forgotten.

Our Messiah whispers to us daily, yet we ignore Him.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Its not so much that Christianity absorbed paganism, but paganism absorbed Christinaity.

There is very little detail of Christs life, in fact there is 18 years completely missing. We have details of completely mundane items in the Bible, but extremely limited information on Christ, his life, what he was doing for 18 missing years. The cross is just one issue, there are dozens more.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
One thing the Bible also states is to not change the text, but leave it as original. Some wording has been updated, but remains close enough to get the meaning.

But, how much has been misinterpreted?

That verse strictly references the book of Revelation. Not the rest of scripture.

Revelation 22:18

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

edit on 1/20/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

So when it says Pilate made a sign to be placed above Christ's head it apparently hovered in mid-air?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My church has never used a cross, so this is kind of pointless.
At least to me. I agree that symbols should not be used and don't use them. It's one of the reason I belong to the church I do.
We also think the Bible is correct, as long as it is translated correctly. So that doesn't fit, either.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

It's pulling hairs. The Romans hung the cross-beam on a tree that had the branches removed. They didn't even take the time to de-bark the tree/stake. So yes, it was a pole/stake/tree. That's just how they did it.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
rcg.org = Restored Church of God = followers of failed prophet Herbert Armstrong.

Don't put too much faith in the claims of gullible prats who think that Armstrong was God's "sole voice on Earth" in his lifetime.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

That's one of identifying marks of a cult. A group that has a charismatic leader who claims every other church has it wrong, they are the only true church, and they themselves are God's only voice on Earth for that period of time.

Get out the Kool-Aid.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sounds like most christian churches to me.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sounds like most christian churches to me.

Such as?

Name one mainstream Christian religion that has a leader who says God speaks to them and no one else. Geez, even the Pope doesn't claim that.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
rcg.org = Restored Church of God = followers of failed prophet Herbert Armstrong.

Don't put too much faith in the claims of gullible prats who think that Armstrong was God's "sole voice on Earth" in his lifetime.

No offense, Adjensen, I respect you and I believe you know that. This discovery was not claimed by rcg. It was originally discovered by a pastor and historian in Sweden. It's just been retold on many sites such rcg... I just used that one to source a link from.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join