It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mwah... the pain is intolerable... I just have to go to the dentist :(

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I hope this finds you feeling better.

As others have said, please go see your dentist as soon as possible. An infection can easily enter your blood stream, causing you to sicken or even die.

My dentiśt once told me of a young man who went to the emergency room with an infected tooth. The ER docs called him for help; he pulled the tooth but sepsis had spread and he died less than a day later.

Not trying to scare you, just to impress upon you the potential seriousness of your situation.

Let us know when you're better!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
In the US we have stuff over the counter at the pharmacy that numbs toothache pain. I would use that until I get to the dentist. Believe me, once your dentist numbs you up, you will be so numb you won't feel a thing. Soon it will all be over and you will be your old self again. Never ever ignore tooth pain, it only gets worse.

CX

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
In the US we have stuff over the counter at the pharmacy that numbs toothache pain. I would use that until I get to the dentist.

That might be the stuff i recommended....

How to Use Clove Oil for Tooth Pain
Place two to three drops of the oil in a clean, small container. Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. This mixture will prevent any soft tissue irritation that is common when using clove oil on its own.

Soak a small piece of cotton in the oil mixture until it is saturated. Blot the cotton on a piece of tissue to remove the excess oil before placing the cotton in your mouth. Using a clean pair of tweezers, hold the cotton on the painful area for 10 seconds, making sure you do not swallow any of the oil. Once complete, rinse your mouth with saline solution. This step may be repeated two to three times daily.

Always see your dentist if the pain from a toothache persists. Clove oil should only be used as a temporary way to relieve pain from a toothache. Your best pain remedy is to see your dentist.

Clove Oil: The use of clove oil in dentistry.

Well i learnt something there......i usually use it diluted with water, but it says that olive oil will reduce the risk of irritation.

The clove oil does stink i'll admit that, just like a dentists room, but the anesthetic result is great.

Someone else mentioned salt water rinses too. I do this immediately if i get anything wrong with my mouth, teeth or throat......warm water with some salt in it, gargle and rinse around the affected area, and often it sorts in a day. If not, clove oil for sure.

CX.

edit on 22/1/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Clove oil works wonders! I had two wisdom teeth pulled and both produced dry sockets, I've never felt so much pain in my life. A friend told me about clover oil and I used it full strength in the dry sockets and packed them with gauze. It worked! I used this until I was healed.

Only precaution is to not use much of it, a drop goes along way or otherwise you have a different problem of you're whole mouth being on fire

Of course in you're situation you do need to see a dentist, but the clove oil will help dull the pain until you can get to one.

Good Luck!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join