It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mwah... the pain is intolerable... I just have to go to the dentist :(

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
my tooth has been hurting for a while but now the pain is so bad that I cannot avoid it any longer.

sheesh, wish I had just got it fixed a year ago, it would not be as bad as what it is now... my whole face is zinging from the nerve going off and every now and then I just stand in one spot and pull a funny face... lol

but that funny face is actually in pain...last night, the pain was shooting down my arm!!! fark...

and I have already decided that I will just get the fargon thing pulled out cos I am not paying 800 dollars for nerve treatment. Just rip the bloody thing out.

if I swish alcohol around in my mouth, that helps a bit...

I have a phobia of dentists... crying mmmmmmmmwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I hate the dentist.
I would suggest more alcohol to get through the night.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

omg I started swishing the alcohol around in my mouth at about 2pm today

and some escaped down into my stomach lol and then I had to keep swishing... lmao

why the hell not... I will just have a glass of wine and go to bed and then go to work in the am and ring the dentist after work... I will be sober by then and the pain will be near 9/10 and believe me, I can cope with pain... but this pain is exceptional.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Have you tried garlic?

Here is a thread with some remedy for toothache. I hate the dentist too

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-1-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

thx for the link... I had garlic for tea this evening...well in my dinner anyway (not on its own)
one side of my face is still zinging.

but, I am willing to give it a go.

If the remedy works, yanno, I would end up not going to the dentist. HAHAHAHA

I heard sage is good to chew on if you have a toothache... haven't got any so can't try it. bah

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
My poor friend, I know your pain all to well. I will give you my poor mans tips to getting fast effective care.
Step 1. Get liquor, vodka or ever clear work best(no spiced or sugared flavor, wine contains acids and sugars that wont help as much)
Step 2. Hit the ER make sure you go with a friend or else they wont give you good pain killers on the spot. Make sure you don't look like a bum or they will think your just another junkie looking for pills and write you up some ibuprofen.
Step 3. find a dentist in area on the sight I'm pm-ing you, there are many resources online.
only helps if your in the US. I suppose
edit on 20-1-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

I am in the AU so I will ring the dentist tommorrow... it is my OWN fault because I have been putting it off. Moral of the story is 'don't put things off'...

I am not going to any ER dept... I am in the country so out of hours dental work is not gonna happen....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Ive had many a tooth pulled out after enduring days of pain. My dentist suggested covering the tooth with toothpaste - it really does work if only temporarily. Also, chewing cloves works.

But definitely get to a Dentist ASAP - soon the pain will become so unbearable you'll seriously consider ripping the tooth out yourself, having done that once I can definitively say that it is not a pleasant experience.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Take an Asperin, or a Tylenol if your allergic to Asperin, then cut it in half, place between gum and tooth that aches, leave it there till it dissolves, (maybe 1/2 hour), repeat as many times as necessary. It works for me. BTW, it tastes horrible.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

lol I actually considered a bit of string and slamming a door earlier today lol

I will go tommorrow to the dentist...

PUHLEASE... everyone...my pain would not be here now if I had just got it fixed when it first started up...so my advice is:

'don't put the dentist off'... even if your a wus like me

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exsoteric

Take an Asperin, or a Tylenol if your allergic to Asperin, then cut it in half, place between gum and tooth that aches, leave it there till it dissolves, (maybe 1/2 hour), repeat as many times as necessary. It works for me. BTW, it tastes horrible.

if I get desperate I will try that but the taste of any pill dissolving in my mouth and then left there for 1/2 hour I am not enthusiastic about. I will stick with the alcohol for the time being

bless anyone who can do what you have suggested.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Do not delay! I hate to be the voice of utter doom, but an infection of the tooth can lead to a sepsis of the body. The infection could hit a major organ, your heart for example.

Dr. Fluffy ORDERS you to the doc immediately!

Good luck!

CX

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Beezer is right, an infection can lead to more nasty things, especially the heart.

I used to look after kids at a school and take them for sports, one lad had a heart defect so i asked the cardiologist how much he could exert himself. He said he was more at risk from not cleaning his teeth than over doing the exercise.

Anyway, hope you get it sorted soon, nothing worse. I always keep a bottle of clove oil in the cupboard for toothache. A little bit dabbed on a wet cotton bud or cotton wool ball and administered to the affected tooth can work wonders when you are in agony.

CX.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I would suggest warm salt water to swish around in your mouth and then get some Clove Oil 100% It's the pain numbing ingredient they put in over the counter tooth pain medicines. I am so sorry you are in pain, but eventually, you will need to get the tooth treated by a dentist and I know you are afraid of them but modern technology is far more amazing than it was years ago. Also, they are much more attentive to patients now. Take care of this as soon as possible.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

reply to post by beezzer

thx... yes no more delays about it... I am going to ring first thing in the morning and get it fixed.

my pain actually reminded me of that scene in Castaway when the poor bastard was bashing his tooth out with a rock!!

and he had a reason to have to do that.. my reason for leaving it is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I think that is half my problem... when I was a kid... omg the technology was not what it is today and they used to put that ruddy contraption in your mouth to hold it open. Scarey stuff...just hated that. I am not sure if you are old enough to remember that kind of thing. I am in my 40s so wire brace and rubber backing was the old way of treating teeth..oh and bloody huge needles..

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I must add that I too am terrified of the dentist.

My solution?

Before an exam, I will visit my dentist and he will prescribe me a triazalam. It's like versed. My wife will drive me to the dentist, he'll go to town on my teeth, wife will drive me home and I'll sleep and not remember a damn thing!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

LOL

I have some DIAZAPAM ready in my bag.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Oh my goodness.... wishing you the very best of luck! I do so hope you don't chicken out - get it fixed now while it hurts!!!

Otherwise you'll just gonna end up in a whole heap of trouble with the tooth in the future.

I now haven't been to the dentist for 12 years... my teeth are good, and I take very good care of them. I got no cavities, as such... only one problem... 4 years ago a root canal filling fell out. How could a root canal filling fall out? Well, I guess it was more than a rot canal filliing. It was done whilst I was "under" on IV valium at a hospital (due to having a wisdom tooth pulled out... the tooth in causing bother is the tooth next to it), and they removed most of the tooth and rebuildt it.

After I found a dentist that could deal with me (after trying about a dozen), and again, not having been to the dentist for over a decade, he had to fix a tooth that had a filling lost, in the end he opted for pulling it, and install a bridge.

Apart from the lost filling I do worry about my bridge... they will often not last longer than 10 year. I'm telling you know - if the bugger falls out I'm glueing it back in myself!!!

WARNING - NOT NICE TOOTH STORY BELOW:

So... my filling fell out... a year later it got infected - where the whole top of my mouth got infected. My doctor refused to give me antibiotics, trying to force me to go to the dentist. Thanks doc - sure is helpful to have an infection and not get atibiotics! After 2 weeks (and a few old antibiotic tablets found in various old toilet bags in the bathroom cupboard), my body battled it... and won.

2 years later (last summer) infection came back - this time instead of speading to the top of the mouth it spread across the gums, to the point where it distorted my teeth and my teeth wouldn't fit together anymore. The pain from the bad tooth was horrendous, as each time I tried to bite down the root (which was being forced out) dug back into the gums. (The root of the tooth was killed off during the first infection, so no more actual toothache) I lived on soup for 5 days before being able to eat again, and even then it was soft food for about a week, like mac and cheese. This time I didn't even bother to try the useless doctor, and instead ordered antibiotic cream online. It did the trick. But it took weeks before my teeth went back to where they were supposed to be and my mouth being able to close properly.

I'm not not stupid. I know what can happen (although my highest worry in the shortterm is mostly about loosing my hearing on the ear on that side, if an infection comes back and spreads), and due to my severe phobia of the dentist I take those options instead of going to the dentist.

So please, please, please go!!! Don't end up like me. Don't end up living in fear of an infection coming back every day.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I used to be terrified of dentists, until I found dentists that can use nitrous oxide (laughing gas ).
It doesn't make you laugh, but sure helped with the concept of pain. It's feel good stuff.
The dentist has to be very trained in using the stuff though, it can be dangerous otherwise.

Now, my biggest dental fear is the bill. $$$$$$$
The nitrous costs extra, but what's another $100 with what dentists charge.
Dentists are crazy expensive.

<<   2 >>

join