It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World View: China prepares the People's Liberation Army for war.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Trigger82

By no means is China laying idle....but, people forget that the US has been at it a lot longer, and I really believe that the technological advantage is still in the US. China is good at stealing technology. I give them an A in that category.

Yep and good ol USA thought they where untouchable when they sent that U2 over Russia. Look where that landed them literally.

So are people so sure the US carrier groups can sit out of range still?
edit on 21-1-2013 by Trigger82 because: (no reason given)

Dont know. But based on what the Chinese said, they are 20 years behind.........

You tell me......

Funny, in all reality the USA could decimate China, for many reasons I honestly think China might never even be able to get a single nuke off the ground, most of the technology and educated population is within a relatively small area, like any modern nation they would be highly vulnerable to even a single serious series of strikes.

But they play the game well, so long as a couple of politicians and a handful within the population and government in general are concerned about these issues like... loosing Carriers the current example they can assume WE wont attack them and the economic and demographic dominance continues...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

You mean recently America and Russia are going along more and more with Chinese policies lol?

Siberia basically IS part of China by ethnicity and China basically is purchasing America

Plenty of common ground lol

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Why have you been electing people who have sold America to the Chinese?

Come on, elect somebody else!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that China's "mighty" army still remains unproven. Though I doubt it would ever happen if China and Russia were to duke it out (non nuclear of course) I would favour the Russians due to the fact that their military is battle tested/proven. Not to mention the fact that a large portion of the PLA uses Russian technology.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCanuck

China's military is not even in the same league as that of America and its allies. The Chinese army is large but you might as well think of China as a small sized Chinese restaurant with 500 waiters wedged in between the booths. The problem with a large army is bringing its force to bear. Alexander the Great knew all about that and so do the folks at the US Joint Chiefs.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Bluesma

Yes...they do own alot of U.S. Debt...and here is how that ties them to never wanting to go to WAR against the U.S.

The moment they would do that is the moment we stopped making payments! LOL!

Split Infinity

.....I think you were misunderstanding me to be one of those who claims China intends to go to war with America.
That is not at all what I said. I said China will rise to be the next world leader (as was suggested in the beginning of the thread) - but not by starting war with the US. (that was way back there, I know. I was at work the rest of the day and got back here later...)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

And they have been spending for YEARS.

Just imagine all the black projects.........we don't know of.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

And they have been spending for YEARS.

Just imagine all the black projects.........we don't know of.

Imagine the boogie man in the closet.

Seriously, America needs to get real. America is the most secure nation on earth. The only threat facing America is the threat posed by its own elite class of transnational bankers and CEOs. They have been looting America for generations. They raise fears of foreign threats in order to facilitate the looting of the US treasury. They have actually sucked that well dry and overdrawn at the bank to the tune of trillions of dollars, the debt servicing charges for which Americans of modest means will have to pay the cost.

Americans need to clean their own house. When they are free of their own lying media they are going to discover that, amazingly, people like Elvis, Britney Spears and Levi Strauss conquered the world a long time ago, and nobody bothered to let Americans in on the secret, because it was bad for the looting business.

edit on 21-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
China can easily challenge the US in case of military conflict.

Their AWACS and "the father of the Chinese AWACS, the acadamician MR. Wang, reported China made huge progress in radar technologies.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Militarywarfare

No banker is going to wipe you out until you pay your debts and America is not going to be able to pay off the Chinese for a long time.

But yeah, any reasonably modern military can be a problem.

I just think American anxiety about China is laughable. The only other people I know who have the same anxiety about China are some Tibetan friends. This is a good illustration of the inverted emotional scale that most Americans have been manipulated into.

Forget about "Walk Like an Egyptian", Americans "Think like a Tibetan".

Think Chris Farley driving an Abrams tank in downtown traffic and getting hyper anxious about a possible fender bender with a Toyota. That's how absurd it is. America is embarrassing itself with all this China fear.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I hear ya, but.........

Its obvious we are talking about China preparing for war, and Americas ability to withstand the threat.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think China has a need to be accepted as being no longer "the sick man of Asia". They want to be respected and I think they deserve to be respected. Believe me, as a person with interests in the plight of Tibet, I have been critical of China in the past, but they are emerging from a long period of severe difficulties. Hosting the Olympics for them was a big deal. A very important announcement to the world saying, "Here we are. We have something to offer to the world. We can play nice. We want to be part of the family of nations."

Their recent agreement to rebuke North Korea along with the US and Russia is a way of saying to the world, "We are not a fanatical regime with unreasonable fantasies." It is a message to North Korea also, "Please get with a more reasonable program."

China wants to be assertive with Japan and to insist on good deals. There is history there, but I don't think the situation will degenerate into military conflict. China just wants to strut a little and wants to be seen to be strutting, for their own self esteem and to let Japan know that things are going to be different now and into the future.

I think, essentially though, China is the same China it has always been. Insular, happy to withdraw into its own cultural comfort zone and to ignore the non-Chinese. Japan is a special case.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
lol get real fellers, USA have the most powerful and advance military in the world. no country on earth can touch it right now. splitinfinity speculation on the matter is reasonable and theres depth to his judgement, nobdy else come close.

but if china must flex their muscle, its likely to be vietnam that will get invaded to avoid the US from getting involved. i wouldnt underestimate china but if the vietnamese have home field advantage, itll be an interesting war.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The J-20 Black Eagle can challenge the F22 Raptor as well the J-31 Falcon Eagle was made to challenge the F-35.

Those planes are the result of "cybertheft" of F35 technologies.

edit on 21-1-2013 by Militarywarfare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be interesting if the Vietnamese invited American military assistance in protecting its offshore oil interests? That would be an historical irony of big proportions if it happened.

Vietnam has clashed with China throughout history, most recently just after the war with the US, when they booted the Chinese (who had helped them fight the Americans) "off their lawn" on the northern border.

After WW2, Chang Kai Shek was offered "IndoChina" by the Great Powers, but he declined, saying "They don't assimilate." Was he ever right about that. Maybe Vietnam's "rugged individualism" is going to need to compromise a little in the current situation. Maybe not though. The national motto could well be "The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Militarywarfare
The J-20 Black Eagle can challenge the F22 Raptor as well the J-31 Falcon Eagle was made to challenge the F-35.

Those planes are the result of "cybertheft" of F35 technologies.

again, the US have the advantage here both in quality of aircraft and pilot.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
reply to post by CaptainCanuck

China's military is not even in the same league as that of America and its allies. The Chinese army is large but you might as well think of China as a small sized Chinese restaurant with 500 waiters wedged in between the booths. The problem with a large army is bringing its force to bear. Alexander the Great knew all about that and so do the folks at the US Joint Chiefs.

Neither was vietnams and we pulled out..... vietnam was/is not nearly as strong as china.

Couple in that there are more people who do not like us as opposed to liking us. Not to mention most of our gear is made in china, we have no industry. where is most of our fuel coming from?? from countries who do not like the USA.

Our military is spread out and our financial back is broken.

Now would there be an interest for a war between the USA and China?? I don't know..

If it did happen I put my money on china. all the rats are leaving the USA.. rats aka business and industry.

In all honesty they won't even have to fire a single shot against the USA.. I think that when they begin to police the world it will be because the USA will no longer be able to do it. Simply because they will not be able to afford it.

people continue to think war is won by technology, it helps but it is not the end all be all to the conflict.. there is more to it.

If technology meant sure victory then why did we pull out of vietnam?? why is there still a mess in iraq and afghanistan. We are losing. We are in debt due to foreign war. That weakens the nation.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be interesting if the Vietnamese invited American military assistance in protecting its offshore oil interests? That would be an historical irony of big proportions if it happened.

Vietnam has clashed with China throughout history, most recently just after the war with the US, when they booted the Chinese (who had helped them fight the Americans) "off their lawn" on the northern border.

After WW2, Chang Kai Shek was offered "IndoChina" by the Great Powers, but he declined, saying "They don't assimilate." Was he ever right about that. Maybe Vietnam's "rugged individualism" is going to need to compromise a little in the current situation. Maybe not though. The national motto could well be "The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

that would be interesting but fact is, it has happened repeatedly throughout history where nations who once fought one another offered assistance towards the defeat of a common enemy.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
lol get real fellers, USA have the most powerful and advance military in the world. no country on earth can touch it right now. splitinfinity speculation on the matter is reasonable and theres depth to his judgement, nobdy else come close.

How did the guy make such an impression on you when he never deals with true dangers to America

DEBT
EXPONENTIAL ENEMY AND WARS
RUNAWAY GOVERNMENT
FALSE FLAGS
SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Seriously, America needs to get real. America is the most secure nation on earth. The only threat facing America is the threat posed by its own elite class of transnational bankers and CEOs. They have been looting America for generations. They raise fears of foreign threats in order to facilitate the looting of the US treasury.

Wow so one person here Gets it

While the others Worship the ChickenHawk Splitinfinity

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join